00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

fanboys say the darndest things

2,237 Views | 39 Replies

Response to fanboys say the darndest things 2014-12-16 18:03:08

At 12/16/14 02:27 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: The whole Xbox and Playstation fanboyism is by far the worst I have seen in this generation. Both sides are equally ignorant.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Response to fanboys say the darndest things 2014-12-16 18:30:49

At 12/16/14 06:03 PM, cga-999 wrote:
At 12/16/14 02:27 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote: The whole Xbox and Playstation fanboyism is by far the worst I have seen in this generation. Both sides are equally ignorant.
I wholeheartedly agree.

I know, right? The Wii U is obviously better.

"Codswallop in my opinion." - Hagrid

"I trust no one but my ham sandwich." - SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2

Never say no to Panda.

At 12/16/14 06:30 PM, SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2 wrote: I know, right? The Wii U is obviously better.

fuck that weaksauce.

the Atari 2600 is where it's at

BBS Signature

Response to fanboys say the darndest things 2014-12-16 22:11:15

At 12/16/14 04:27 AM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote:
At 12/15/14 10:31 PM, NeonSpider wrote: just took a huge amount of time to complete (I mean they gave you 10 minutes per level for a reason whereas most timed games would give you like 3) and which literally took the entire day to play through,
not to be that guy but

Impressive, but he did glitch like hell and he didn't get the chaos emeralds so I can't count it.

Show me realistically how long it takes someone who legitimately beats the game from start, to finish. That requires no "TAS", no continues, no glitching, and getting ALL the chaos emeralds for that game. I think you'll find that takes about the whole day.

Glitch runs don't really count. And neither does not fully completing a game.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to fanboys say the darndest things 2014-12-16 22:55:05

At 12/16/14 10:11 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 12/16/14 04:27 AM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote:
At 12/15/14 10:31 PM, NeonSpider wrote: just took a huge amount of time to complete (I mean they gave you 10 minutes per level for a reason whereas most timed games would give you like 3) and which literally took the entire day to play through,
not to be that guy but
Impressive, but he did glitch like hell and he didn't get the chaos emeralds so I can't count it.

Show me realistically how long it takes someone who legitimately beats the game from start, to finish. That requires no "TAS", no continues, no glitching, and getting ALL the chaos emeralds for that game. I think you'll find that takes about the whole day.

Glitch runs don't really count. And neither does not fully completing a game.

kinda impossible to finish the game quickly while trying to get the chaos emeralds but ok

heres one without the emeralds

BBS Signature

At 12/16/14 10:55 PM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote: kinda impossible to finish the game quickly while trying to get the chaos emeralds but ok

Okay, but let's see that without the glitching. He does the same exact glitches as the other guy just about, if that's not even the same player. Play the game as it's meant to be played, not via exploiting glitches to do mad "warps" through some levels.

I mean holy crap whatever happened to legitimate playthroughs? Now everything is "TAS" or glitchfests.

Do that, but without glitching, and see how long that realistically takes you.

Okay ... second one has no glitches but doesn't have all the emeralds. Beat the game, no "TAS", no glitch, ALL emeralds, no continues... see how long that takes.

At 12/16/14 11:31 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 12/16/14 10:55 PM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote: kinda impossible to finish the game quickly while trying to get the chaos emeralds but ok

Okay, but let's see that without the glitching. He does the same exact glitches as the other guy just about, if that's not even the same player. Play the game as it's meant to be played, not via exploiting glitches to do mad "warps" through some levels.

I mean holy crap whatever happened to legitimate playthroughs? Now everything is "TAS" or glitchfests.

Do that, but without glitching, and see how long that realistically takes you.

Okay ... second one has no glitches but doesn't have all the emeralds. Beat the game, no "TAS", no glitch, ALL emeralds, no continues... see how long that takes.

if you want to be technical, they aren't using tas or modifying the game. they're just using glitches that aren't tampering with the games code so technically it is still legit. plus when is a game being longer a bad thing.

BBS Signature

Response to fanboys say the darndest things 2014-12-17 00:03:44

At 12/16/14 11:53 PM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote: if you want to be technical, they aren't using tas or modifying the game. they're just using glitches that aren't tampering with the games code so technically it is still legit. plus when is a game being longer a bad thing.

Glitching to "beat a game" isn't beating the game.

And a longer game isn't bad if it's actually fun enough to warrant it or has save points or something. I don't want to spend my entire day on Sonic when there's far better games out there I could be playing. Literally the only challenge and I mean the only challenge in any of those games was getting all the chaos emeralds, and the bosses were somewhat fun, but that'd take you all day. Sonic games are great at making me fall asleep.

In any case, if played without glitching, those games just take way too long and are boring because they're not hard -- they just take a long time. There's a difference.

Response to fanboys say the darndest things 2014-12-17 00:17:03

At 12/17/14 12:03 AM, NeonSpider wrote: In any case, if played without glitching, those games just take way too long and are boring because they're not hard -- they just take a long time. There's a difference.

sonic 3 and sonic cd

BBS Signature

Response to fanboys say the darndest things 2014-12-17 00:33:32

Console wars have always had that effect. Hell I remember when it was N64, and PS being argued over.

derp