00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RobotHeadProductions just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Embedding video question

2,955 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Embedding video question 2014-12-09 02:33:11

Apparently I'm a complete noob or something, I can't figure out how to embed a youtube video onto my news post.

I'm trying to get the video to automatically be visible and automatically start playing, like I've seen on others profiles.

Whenever I try, the youtube link just appears, and if you click on it, the video will appear on the news post, but I want it to be already visible.

Can anyone help?

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Embedding video question 2014-12-09 05:13:44

You've clicked the embed media link and the pasted in what youtube and friends give you? In youtube's case, you have to click the share icon and then choose 'embed'. You should be presented with something like this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZIesCd4I4hU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

People tweak the params in this to add autoplay, but it sounds as though you're just copying in the URL rather than the embeddable code?

Response to Embedding video question 2014-12-09 05:26:56

At 12/9/14 05:13 AM, liljim wrote: it sounds as though you're just copying in the URL rather than the embeddable code?

Yep, that was definitely the case. Pretty silly mistake. Dunno why it didn't occur to me to look for the embed code on the video itself.

Thank friend

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Embedding video question 2022-01-30 03:46:37

At 12/9/14 05:13 AM, liljim wrote: You've clicked the embed media link and the pasted in what youtube and friends give you? In youtube's case, you have to click the share icon and then choose 'embed'. You should be presented with something like this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZIesCd4I4hU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

People tweak the params in this to add autoplay, but it sounds as though you're just copying in the URL rather than the embeddable code?

This is very help full- WHAT THE FLIP WAS UP WITH THAT YOUTUBE VIDEO!?!!? XD