00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is being single forever a good idea

2,340 Views | 33 Replies

And just having friends with benefits. Humans were not built for monogamy anyway. So maybe just a bitch I can call over once i awhile. And I'm only calling her a bitch because I don't know her name yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 00:06:22

I mean, hey, if you think that's the best way for you, personally, to live, and that's what would make you happiest, then go for it. I reckon not everyone's cut out for romance.

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 00:07:54

At 12/2/14 12:03 AM, Avery wrote: And just having friends with benefits. Humans were not built for monogamy anyway. So maybe just a bitch I can call over once i awhile. And I'm only calling her a bitch because I don't know her name yet.

sex alone will not suffice. Humans yearn to love another far to much for such primitive urges to take over fully

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 00:17:37

Just do what you want

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 00:33:25

At 12/2/14 12:29 AM, MMHM wrote: Depends on your personality, but then I don't know anything about you.

I don't know myself either.

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 00:38:21

You have the rest of your life to decide if you're going to settle down with one or more people anyway.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 00:46:11

Well, this is one way to interpret it

Dating is actually illogical, and setting yourself up for (eventual) emotional distraught is inevitable.

So if you would like to avoid negative feelings for a good portion of your life, I would rid dating from your life completely

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 00:49:10

At 12/2/14 12:46 AM, NewgroundsNation wrote: Well, this is one way to interpret it

Dating is actually illogical, and setting yourself up for (eventual) emotional distraught is inevitable.

So if you would like to avoid negative feelings for a good portion of your life, I would rid dating from your life completely

I always thought the point of dating was stupid, if you two like each other, there is no mothafuckin point in me taking your fat ass to AppleBee's just to make myself nervous and make small talk while everyone in there sees and hears us.

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 00:52:44

i wouldn't recommend it
companionship is something to be treasured, and staying single surely cannot do well for you

but then, that is up to you. to each their own, as it would be. a friends with benefits deal throughout your life may satisfy you sexually, but then what of the emotions? where is the passion, the love?

awh hell, what do i know? i'm single af

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 04:48:10

Never forget that humans are social creatures, even those of us with social issues still find comfort in others, even if just a single person to be close with. Having the "friends with benefits" emotionless sex may be good for a while, but in time it will only end up feeling shallow and needing more.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 10:19:34

If you can be happy living that kind of lifestyle then by all means do

Your business is your business and it's done how you want it done

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 11:21:28

If that's the life you want to live! Personally I'd go more for that eternal relationship, the ultimate symbiosis and unity, family and purpose and all that.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 11:36:42

At 12/2/14 12:03 AM, Avery wrote: just a bitch I can call over once i awhile

That only works if you're hot/rich.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 13:03:13

You won't be single much longer- in 10 years we'll have sex robots and then humanity will cease to exist but in the meantime, love the one you're with

Is being single forever a good idea

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 15:34:42

You know what? Here's my five cents; relationships aren't for everyone.

As people can be social, some can also be crazy. Some have issues that we don't want to be involved with.

It's your life, and your choice if you want to keep on with the friends with benefits direction, but if you ever do seek genuine companionship, here's hoping it will be someone that you can relax and feel like yourself around.

I say this from my own experience. I never really dated anybody, but there's this one guy I used to know who was in love with me, but I couldn't love him back. Why? Because I could not be comfortable around him. Not only was he too forward for me to handle, but our culture backgrounds growing up on different continents was another part of it. I could barely relate to him at all.

I honestly do not mind being single. If for the rest of my life, then oh well. I'm just not going to be with someone who causes me to feel stress or discomfort.

Yeah, I've joined the WNG crew now. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 18:29:15

Is everyone in the old folks home single?

It must suck knowing that your significant other (if you ever had one) is gone and pretty soon you're going to die alone as well.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 19:08:38

It's not like I have a choice.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 20:58:08

Its a good idea if its what you personally want. Not for everyone though.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 21:05:15

At 12/2/14 08:58 PM, generalwinter wrote: Its a good idea if its what you personally want. Not for everyone though.

Yeah I was thinking maybe getting into one in my late 20's or early 30's

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 21:27:39

It'd be a shit way to live, for me.

At 12/2/14 09:24 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I could never do it. I need one person to snuggle and hang with.

^^^

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 21:33:46

At 12/2/14 09:24 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I could never do it. I need one person to snuggle and hang with.

Or, another solution, I can get a crazy ratchet hoodrat girlfriend, that would do anything for you *wink* *wink* and with you.

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 21:38:05

At 12/2/14 01:39 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 12/2/14 12:03 AM, Avery wrote: So maybe just a bitch I can call over once i awhile. And I'm only calling her a bitch because I don't know her name yet.
No you're not. You're calling her a bitch because you're an edgy-ass 13 year old who thinks women are nothing but lust-objects.

Wow amaranthus, where did that come from? I always thought you were the edgy one and now you're putting people in their place? I trained you well I see.

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 22:16:54

It's doing wonders for me, so yes.

"Now I'm a private eye-cum-negotiator..."

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 22:25:53

women have smaller brains and giving birth makes them even smaller

C C

the trolls king of kings

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 22:42:21

At 12/2/14 12:03 AM, Avery wrote: And just having friends with benefits. Humans were not built for monogamy anyway. So maybe just a bitch I can call over once i awhile. And I'm only calling her a bitch because I don't know her name yet.

Wow you're a real charmer. With an attitude like that, i can't imagine you attracting women you'd WANT to be with, anyway. Or maybe that's just the site's irreverent humour coming out. I don't know.

Anyway, I like monogamy. the idea of a fling is really unattractive to me. I tried to fling but it's really... empty. The sex wasn't that great. it's not like when I had a really deep connection with someone and we spent years getting to know each other's bodies. The trust, the love, the relaxed passion wasn't there.

I've heard some pretty terrible stories of guys my friends went home with that SUCKED in bed lol. DON'T BE THAT GUY.

You know, to be honest, I don't know of any fwb relationship that really lasted. It's something that's pleasurable in the moment, but most girls will get attached. Be careful of her heart

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-02 22:54:34

good idea as anything else

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-03 01:43:42

At 12/2/14 10:42 PM, GingerGymnast wrote: I tried to fling but it's really... empty. The sex wasn't that great. ... The trust, the love, the relaxed passion wasn't there.

I haven't tried this myself, but this is how I always imagined it would be like. Some people (like my brother apparently) can do it, but I don't think I could. At some point a fling just seems like awkward mutual masturbation to me (with risks).

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-03 02:04:47

It will all suddenly make sense to you, when a girl you think you're in love with is getting constantly railed out by another man.

There are a lot of misconceptions surrounding the concepts of love and monogamy, and you're wise to be questioning, but there are some keepers out there. Even relationships that don't work out are useful as learning experiences, because they help you realize what you do and don't want in your next meaningful relationship.

"Friends with benefits" can be tricky, especially if (and usually "when") further feelings develop on either side.

Try everything, and be honest with yourself about how you feel, and proceed from there.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-03 11:36:24

At 12/3/14 01:43 AM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 12/2/14 10:42 PM, GingerGymnast wrote: I tried to fling but it's really... empty. The sex wasn't that great. ... The trust, the love, the relaxed passion wasn't there.
I haven't tried this myself, but this is how I always imagined it would be like. Some people (like my brother apparently) can do it, but I don't think I could. At some point a fling just seems like awkward mutual masturbation to me (with risks).

That's not that far from how I see it, either. A lot of people do it and it looks really cool on TV or whatever, but I think it's lame. It WAS awkward. I was so nervous, and so was he. I was kind of expecting him to swoop me up and really take control. But uh, no. That didn't happen. As it turns out, most guys don't take the lead, which is a real bummer. lol

Response to Is being single forever a good idea 2014-12-03 11:52:02

At 12/3/14 11:36 AM, GingerGymnast wrote: As it turns out, most guys don't take the lead, which is a real bummer. lol

Probably takes a while to get comfortable with a person unless you're doing the casual thing a lot.