00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Idea for an Short Animation

576 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Idea for an Short Animation 2014-11-29 08:39:06

Hi Everyone!

Wish I was an artist but I have settled for creative writing haha. I have an idea for a short animation if anyone is interested. It's about love, and enduring spirit.

Fairly Simple, no voices just facial animation on a group of trees.

If anyone is interested let me know I'll put the script on here.

Thanks,

Norshanks

Response to Idea for an Short Animation 2015-02-17 00:08:33

Well since there is no takers, I'll just post it anyways :P

So the place is just a meadow in the middle of the plains somewhere. There are 5 trees, 3 poplars, an oak tree and a willow.

The oak and poplars are male and the willow is a female. just depicted by a face on their trunks, mid-level. as the scenes progress the trees become larger and the faces become more aged w/ lines and such.

1st scene: is showing the little oak tree being made fun of by 3 taller poplar trees, while the willow tree (a female character) feels bad and shows concern on her face for the little oak. The oak tree looks down in shame under the shade of the 3 big poplars

2nd scene: shows them a little more grown with the oak tree having a few more feet to his height but still the poplars bug him and take turns slapping him with help from the wind. The willow and oak make eye contact and they smile at each other briefly.

3rd scene; a large storm rolls in and all 5 tress are shaking in the wind all look scared and distraught as the wind whips them back and forth.

4th scene : The oak tree opens his eyes to the sun and sees the 3 poplar trees blown over with their faces showing signs of death. Their trunks uprooted and done. The willow is weak and shows signs of distress on her face as she looks towards the oak, but the oak reassures her with a nervous smile.

5th scene: Together they grow and the meadow around them turns into a park into a large urban development. The poplars are cleared out and the people respect the willow and the oak and leave them be. They grow older together and smile assuredly as they spend their time in the park, with squirrels and birds amongst their branches.

6th Scene: The willow and oak are older now and weathered, wrinkles showing on their faces. A strong wind picks up through the night and the willow is blown over as the oak screams out.

7th scene: They both awake to the willow in the oaks bows, she fell right into him and since he has grown large and strong he is able to support her, they both look at each other with love enduring.

8th scene: They are happy together and single seeds fall from their branches, to be relocated by animals.

9th scene: A young "sprout" version of the willow and the oak grow and smile at each other, in another area of meadow.

If anyone is interested in illustrating this please let me know, I'd love to see this short animation done up, it plays my heartstrings.