00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How's your sleep patern?

910 Views | 24 Replies

How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-27 18:59:39

I was wondering because mine is really weird. Some Days I will be up all night on the PC and not sleep at all till the next day. Sometimes I will go to bed between 9-3 and wake up around 6-1. Is this unusal?

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-27 19:09:53

University has destroyed mine. I sometimes go to sleep at 5pm and wake up at 10pm. I then have to rest again at 5am for about 3 hours before university starts. I'm hoping to get to sleep at around 1 today though. I'm going to try and normalise my sleep patterns for returning home. I wish I could control my time as well as I can control my budget.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-27 19:34:34

My sleep is incoherent, inconsistent, and inconsequential.

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-27 20:12:58

At 11/27/14 06:59 PM, wolfe wrote:

Is this unusal?

not if it feels right

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-27 20:28:21

I did an all nighter and I'm not even tired

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-27 21:41:31

it's not the best sleep pattern, i can assure you that

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-27 21:43:09

I have insomnia, and I'm not doing anything to help it by staying up late on NG.

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-27 21:53:07

At 11/27/14 06:59 PM, wolfe wrote: I was wondering because mine is really weird. Some Days I will be up all night on the PC and not sleep at all till the next day. Sometimes I will go to bed between 9-3 and wake up around 6-1. Is this unusal?

Yes, it's unusual and unhealthy. An inconsistent sleep pattern like that is probably a major sap on your productivity and energy levels throughout the day. It will affect your mood, your hormone levels, which will lead to you losing the DESIRE to get things done in your day to day.

Sleep is one of those things that if you got a solid grip on, would definitely lead to a better quality of life. . Pulling all nighters, and then sleeping for huge lengthy time times later on is not sustainable. If you're feeling depressed, lethargic, if you have a poor appetite, or have trouble remembering things, this is going to be a contributor, if not the biggest one.

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-27 22:02:39

Screwy, and not fun sometimes. But at least I can dream again for now.

Oh look, nipple rings

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-27 22:17:50

My schedule is pretty wack.

Usually I go to sleep anywhere from 10PM-5AM and wake up anytime between 9AM-2PM but this is determined by a few factors like work and stuff

~Sweet memories of us I do recall~

~Dear angel please come back before I fall~

BBS Signature

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-27 22:53:03

At 11/27/14 10:44 PM, MMHM wrote:
At 11/27/14 09:43 PM, cga-999 wrote: I have insomnia, and I'm not doing anything to help it by staying up late on NG.
How long have you had insomnia? have you started hallucinating yet?

I don't have a regular sleep schedule. I pass out rather then go to sleep.

I've had it since I was little. No, I don't hallucinate. A lot of people don't understand what it is fully. It doesn't mean you can't sleep, just that it's quite hard to sleep.

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-27 23:04:02 (edited 2014-11-27 23:05:46)

It's between 10 and 11 -3:30 The alarm is suppose to go off at that time but I sleep for a few more hours more When i'm on my meds

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-28 01:50:42

Shit

I've been going to bed all over the place nowadays. Sometimes I go to bed at a reasonable time, sometimes I try to go to bed at a reasonable time and I end up staying up until 3-5 am but no matter what, I seem to never make it to class in college. It sucks and is part of the reason this semester is shit for me.

I loves teh intranet

Checks my Youtubes! Current Let's play- Earthbound

BBS Signature

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-28 02:01:16

Fucking shitty.

I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.

BBS Signature

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-28 02:10:23

I get from 2 hours to no sleep every night and after about 1 and a half to 2 weeks have a crash sleep. I usually fall asleep between 6 am and 9 am. If I do fall asleep early though I wake up in an hour. And can't sleep till the next night so I'm awake for even more hours. Makes for shitty days. But Go to work at 2 for around 9 hours and have school before that. Want to get a night shift job because I can sleep days just not nights but can't get one now

keep on Reaping on

BBS Signature

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-28 02:44:45

I Don't keep track of what time I sleep because I live by no boundaries. in fact you guys are a bunch of tools for not only thinking you need to sleep, but thinking you need to be asleep at a certain time. that's preposterous

I live the savage life.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-28 02:47:00

I wake up at 5~8 P.M.
I sleep at 5~11 AM

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-28 03:08:19

At 11/28/14 02:47 AM, MrApophis wrote: I wake up at 5~8 P.M.
I sleep at 5~11 AM

If that is your daily sleep/wake schedule then you may very well be nocturnal.

winner of the first annual NG Hunger games

life is just a trek, a quest to obtain knowledge, power, perhaps domination. maybe someone will win the race someday

BBS Signature

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-28 03:56:08

At 11/27/14 09:53 PM, GingerGymnast wrote:
At 11/27/14 06:59 PM, wolfe wrote: I was wondering because mine is really weird. Some Days I will be up all night on the PC and not sleep at all till the next day. Sometimes I will go to bed between 9-3 and wake up around 6-1. Is this unusal?
Yes, it's unusual and unhealthy. An inconsistent sleep pattern like that is probably a major sap on your productivity and energy levels throughout the day. It will affect your mood, your hormone levels, which will lead to you losing the DESIRE to get things done in your day to day.

Sleep is one of those things that if you got a solid grip on, would definitely lead to a better quality of life. . Pulling all nighters, and then sleeping for huge lengthy time times later on is not sustainable. If you're feeling depressed, lethargic, if you have a poor appetite, or have trouble remembering things, this is going to be a contributor, if not the biggest one.

So I'm guessing lack of sleep is why I get all these mixed emotions like hungry, horny, happy, angry, sad, happy, grumpy and faint... Where as when I sleep, I'm perfectly myself. Sometimes I go 3 nights without sleep. It's not till the 4th night with no sleep I get side effects like walking funny, speaking funny, feel hungry and faint but if I eat i'm fine. I think I might suffer from Insomnia because I don't like sleep and quite often stay up.

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-28 04:35:50

It's currently okay.
I actually fall asleep when I go to bed now.

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-28 10:01:04

Pretty routine. I usually go to sleep some time after midnight, and get up around 9-10. If I have to get up earlier I go to sleep earlier. If I sleep too late I fall asleep later, and wake up later, but eventually have to wake up early so I fall asleep early and wake up earlier again.

That's how it's been as of late.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-28 11:23:53

Mine's always been horrible, and seems to get worse in the winter months.

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-28 12:32:44

I usually sleep 7-8 hours on a school night and 2-6 hours on Friday and weekends.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-28 17:16:14

At 11/28/14 03:56 AM, wolfe wrote:
At 11/27/14 09:53 PM, GingerGymnast wrote:

So I'm guessing lack of sleep is why I get all these mixed emotions like hungry, horny, happy, angry, sad, happy, grumpy and faint... Where as when I sleep, I'm perfectly myself. Sometimes I go 3 nights without sleep. It's not till the 4th night with no sleep I get side effects like walking funny, speaking funny, feel hungry and faint but if I eat i'm fine. I think I might suffer from Insomnia because I don't like sleep and quite often stay up.

You might have insomnia. I'd consider that only when I've ruled everything out. Reason being is that insomnia is something that doesn't go away and requires medication to deal with. You want to avoid drugs as much as possible.

If you regularly play video games or watch TV late into the night, you're probably not an insomniac. I'm no doctor, but from what I know about gamers and programmers is that they will get so immersed in what they're doing, they usually forget bodily basics like sleeping and eating.
The bright lights on the computer/TV screen inhibit the production of melatonin - a neurochemical that induces sleepiness. So by playing games late into the night REGULARLY, you're setting up a pattern for your body to follow. - a pattern that serves you poorly.

Sleep is a habit. if you consistently stay awake into the night, doing anything else becomes tougher. For myself, I've been waking up at 5 a.m. almost every morning since I was twelve. I don't even need an alarm clock anymore, my eyes pop open at that time, often right on the dot of 5.

So it's something that I'd recommend you work on. Your quality of life and and productivity can be dramatically improved just by sleeping more. You won't feel as blah anymore, or go on that emotional roller coaster, and you'll be able to get more done. It just might be something you'd like to try.

I hope this helps!

Response to How's your sleep patern? 2014-11-28 17:51:18

While having classes and working:

Monday - one hour in the morning and a few hours until evening

Tuesday - a few hours in the morning and then through the night

Wednesday - Through the night

Thursday - maybe one/two hours before evening

Friday + Saturday - early morning until noon/early afternoon

Sunday - noon until evening

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature