00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted LucidShadowDreamer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

police vs black card getting absurd

4,006 Views | 54 Replies

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-01 05:50:06

this generation's mentality in a nutshell:

a crazy fuck shoots up innocent people, he is apprehended alive, gets humanized by people.

a kid gets shot for doing dumb kid shit, him and his parents are at fault here. the parents should have been better at parenting because kids are always gonna be good little saints when there's good parenting. they never do anything bad or stupid. nobody cares about the police officer's stupidity and complete lack professionalism.

I remember a time where the victim wasn't painted as the bad guy

BBS Signature

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-02 20:22:26

At 11/27/14 12:41 PM, Radaketor wrote: The cops should've shot him in the arm, though. Did they really shoot to kill?

The first rule of shooting a gun is you shoot to kill. It doesn't matter if you're a cop, a criminal, or just someone defending themselves. If you're shooting with the attempt to simply hurt someone, you're likely going to fuck it up unless you have military training for that sort of thing. Shooting to injure (like shooting in the arm or feet) is one of the hardest feats to perform with a firearm because the non lethal areas are often small and moving. If you're in a situation where you're fighting for your life and you shoot to injure and fuck up, you're toast. So to reiterate. Unless you're Delta or SEALS, or otherwise in a military situation where you're training with firearms constantly, you shoot to kill.

the more you know.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-20 22:25:20

At 11/28/14 04:53 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 11/28/14 01:55 AM, beheadedbymuslims wrote:
They said it was probably fake but they were not sure, it could be real. Where I come from, where we respect guns and don't act like idiots, you treat every gun as if it were loaded. So I hope they would be treating it as a real gun. They have innocent people in that park to protect as well as themselves.

The one that seems more likely to be the cause of death of that boy is the boy himself. Actions have consequences. Clearly some people have to learn that the hard way.

Between sending a message that it's okay to point guns at passersby in a public place and a message that you treat all firearms with caution and respect or there will be consequences, I'd go with the latter.

Clearly gun education and safety is just as important as sex ed and should be taught more.

where I come from police are well informed of how to deal with a suspect wielding a gun, and they make damn sure to pass on all necessary information through dispatch so they are completely aware of the situation. ironically i am from New York, staten island to be exact, a couple blocks away from Eric Garner's memorial is where I used to buy pizza after school.

if you honestly believe a kid doing kid things with a kid gun justifies trained officers handling a situation in one of the worst ways possible then don't read any further. if you don't understand how it's wrong and not even protocol to drive/approach an "armed suspect" and shoot them from a foot away then you are not worth explaining anything to.

if the only way to learn a lesson is to die then what is jail even for?

gaydemocrat: i just found a seed in my dope

gaydemocrat: this is a fucking outrage

BBS Signature

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-21 06:09:17

I agree, it is getting awfully absurd.
We must get Commander Biggles on the line to stop this nonsense.

i agree with you. its not racist. but are cops not trained to shoot only when absolutely necessary? are they not taught how to disarm people or something?

BBS Signature

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-21 12:30:13

At 12/21/14 02:49 AM, Xenomit wrote: There's no explanation required, in the context of the situation, it simply isn't wrong.

the fact that xenomit agrees only further proves my point lol

gaydemocrat: i just found a seed in my dope

gaydemocrat: this is a fucking outrage

BBS Signature

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 00:20:48

At 12/21/14 09:06 AM, elitegamer11 wrote: i agree with you. its not racist. but are cops not trained to shoot only when absolutely necessary? are they not taught how to disarm people or something?

Not when a perceived threat is seen. If there could be a gun involved, and they could be in danger, they can shoot. You cant disarm with a gun because of see previous posts. You can only really use a stun gun on a fleeing subject. If they have a gun, you can't use it because their finger could spasm and then they can accidentally fire it off, killing or injuring themselves or another. Not only that, it may not always fully penetrate the clothes.

However, in the situation of the kid, it's clear they reacted too fast as seen in the video. Nor should they have parked that close to a possible threat in the first place. In the other two big "race issues" going on (Furgeson, NY) however, the situations are different. Ferguson in particular is just plain dumb. NY; they need to investigate that more. It's clear there the cops used way too much force, especially since there was video evidence.

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 00:30:26

Perhaps it is a bad thing to do, but at this point I pretty much dismiss the opinions of people who automatically call racism against police who shoot black people. I don't really have the time to read the incoherent babbling about how 'cops hate the blacks and wanna kill 'em'.

When I hear factual evidence that directly points to racism, I will acknowledge them. Until then, their voices fall on deaf ears.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 08:27:28

At 12/22/14 12:30 AM, Sectus wrote: Perhaps it is a bad thing to do, but at this point I pretty much dismiss the opinions of people who automatically call racism against police who shoot black people. I don't really have the time to read the incoherent babbling about how 'cops hate the blacks and wanna kill 'em'.

When I hear factual evidence that directly points to racism, I will acknowledge them. Until then, their voices fall on deaf ears.

IT's not "automatically calling racism". The reason there has been an uproar in the black community is because things like these happen more in black communities do to things like profiling. The people who are stating cops hate blacks are oversimplifying the matter. Minorities are subject to unjust profiling and it needs to stop.

I loves teh intranet

Checks my Youtubes! Current Let's play- Earthbound

BBS Signature

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 09:11:44

At 12/22/14 08:27 AM, Boredy-Mcbored wrote: IT's not "automatically calling racism". The reason there has been an uproar in the black community is because things like these happen more in black communities do to things like profiling. The people who are stating cops hate blacks are oversimplifying the matter. Minorities are subject to unjust profiling and it needs to stop.

Well, they are pretty much propagating the matter by creating what is almost a culture against the police. I know that not all minorities are anti-police, and I know that not all of them are violent. It is those few bad apples that spoil the bunch; but the same goes in reverse. Police are often put into stressful situations and have to deal with them in a split second's notice, so it is understandable if they sometimes choose incorrectly.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 11:05:30

It's a pretty fucking complex situation, isn't it? It certainly doesn't help that we have a media that long ago decided it was a better idea to peddle fear instead of factual information.

Of course we can't load up our police officers with military-grade tech and then fill them with fear and throw them around a neighborhood. That's just asking for something to go terribly wrong. Course you can't blame them when it does either, you load up someone with fear that people want to kill him then throw a high-powered firearm in his hands and direct him at someone holding what resembles a gun. This is the setup for accidental police brutality.

Of course, where are they given this fear from? They're told that the people hate them and see signs saying "cops are pigs" or "cops deserve to die" and it can suddenly start feeling like this isn't even their city anymore. Cops aren't superheros, they're normal ass people who get scared and can feel isolated just like any one of us, and that is a very shitty condition to have a firearm-weilding adult in. But can you even blame the people for lashing out? They're constantly fed stories about cops shooting toddlers and innocent kids. It's not very hard to find a person who will have a natural fear of cops if this is the information they're fed on. So they lash out in the only way they can against a perceived monster.

And hey, don't forget that here in America we're home to over 300 million people. Finding 5 isolated cases and presenting them as an epidemic is not that difficult to do, and the news stations will do it because they know it's what gets viewers watching.

So what's the right solution? Well, I don't really know.

I write stuff now.

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 13:46:06

Police shooting people is a problem. That's why they're protesting.

This can't keep happening where a black man is shot by a white cop. It needs to stop.

fuk

BBS Signature

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 14:13:03

Clearly there is no longer racism In the police, evidenced by the face the two officers who where murdered who where Asian American and Mexican American showing the the diversity in the NYPD... If you look at the evidence of the video of the Eric brown you can clearly see him reach up to attack a smaller officer. Personally I think the officers involved had every right to use the force they used. It's sad a man died as a result but the way you must look at it is there keeping us safe from criminals like Eric brown. I don't think it's morally right he died but that's the risk you take committing felonys.
This is re second time I have posted this but I feel this is REALLY relevant to this thread. These are just my personal views.

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 14:19:42

At 11/28/14 05:31 PM, Lorkas wrote: you americans are funny. you drone random people for no reason and also shoot your OWN people for no reason. you're the richest country in the world but you don't even give your citizens free health care (even fucking Lithuania has free healthcare)

fucking morons lmao

how can you fuck up a country that bad

Fuck you. Learn some history where you'll you be without America. Trust me we invented democracy and voting for everyone (the Greeks had to be rich to vote) an we basically single handily beat communism. But as an American I respect your god given right to say these things because I believe in a little thing called the first amendment.

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 15:13:10

At 12/22/14 02:56 PM, SansNumbers wrote: Bullshit. Victim blaming dates back to ancient civilization. The moral of the tale of Medusa is you should never get raped in a temple. You're allowed to be as disgusted as you want, and I sure as hell am, but don't peg this on a single "generation" when it's a vice that has plagued humanity for thousands of years.

never said it was just this generation. also people still blame medusa for getting raped?

BBS Signature

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 15:22:07

At 12/22/14 03:17 PM, SansNumbers wrote: Hmmm.

do I seriously have to name every generation that does this to get the point across?

also people still blame medusa for getting raped?
I'm not trying to imply that people will still blame the 12 year old for getting shot by cops in a thousand years, so I don't see why that's relevant.

no forget about the kid. I was legitimately asking if people still blaming medusa for getting raped

BBS Signature

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 15:28:03

We don't need your racist attitude on this site, @Xenomit. Especially on christmas time.

Stop justifying genocide of black people, at least for this special magic time.

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 15:31:13

At 12/22/14 03:25 PM, SansNumbers wrote: Ahahahahahaha ok I'm done. I see now why everyone thinks you're not worth arguing with.

i'm serious about that medusa thing

police vs black card getting absurd

BBS Signature

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 15:33:26

At 12/22/14 03:13 PM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote: never said it was just this generation. also people still blame medusa for getting raped?

Hey, she was asking for it.

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 15:37:39

At 12/22/14 03:35 PM, Monster-64 wrote:
At 12/22/14 03:05 PM, SansNumbers wrote:
We pushed the Native Americans off their lands more then a hundred years ago. Stop using that as propaganda for modern day police "brutality."

i'm pretty sure he was replying to my post about generations

BBS Signature

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 17:34:38

At 12/22/14 02:19 PM, Right-wing-hero wrote: But as an American I respect your god given right to say these things because I believe in a little thing called the first amendment.

I don't even live in your country, so yeah you're right, I can say whatever I want.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 17:41:04

At 12/22/14 05:34 PM, Lorkas wrote: I don't even live in your country, so yeah you're right, I can say whatever I want.

I always wonder why people(not all) who don't live in America obsess over America and make broad generalizations.

BBS Signature

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-22 17:41:33

At 12/22/14 05:34 PM, Lorkas wrote:
At 12/22/14 02:19 PM, Right-wing-hero wrote: But as an American I respect your god given right to say these things because I believe in a little thing called the first amendment.
I don't even live in your country, so yeah you're right, I can say whatever I want.

That's not all, if someone tries to argue with what you said, you can call that person out for trying to violate your right to freedom of speech.

That's the best part of this.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

At 12/22/14 03:05 PM, SansNumbers wrote:
At 12/22/14 02:59 PM, Xenomit wrote: These "victims" tend to be people who were doing something wrong to begin with.
Yeah, how dare Medusa get raped because one of the gods found her attractive.

A fictional story.

:How dare the Native Americans, using up all the land that rightfully belongs to the white man.
You mean that someone in history had something someone else wanted and it was taken by force? That isn't "victim blaming" that is someone with power taking what they want. Also at the time white-indian relationships were getting bad. Indians attacked white people without cause from time to time too, in fact the very fact that any and all wrongdoing the Indians ever did is completely forgotten by history shows how sorry we are for these victims that we don't even want to ever paint them in a negative light, even if they were in one at a time. That's the fucking opposite of victim blaming.

:How dare those men and women in Salem for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and getting set on fire for witchcraft as a result.
How dare people get overly scared of something they didn't understand and act totally irrational as a result?

:How dare those black folk for getting all uppity while the KKK were making rounds and burning crosses.
How dare racial tension cause fear in two communities and cause members of both of them to lash out violently in perceived self-defense?

:How dare the Jews for existing in Germany and Poland while Hitler was in power.
How day a country in the worst economic depression of human history who are having trouble getting basic necessities act irrational?

So is your problem that everybody is blaming these "victims" because in none of these cases that actually happened, or is your problem that the person making them a victim thinks they deserve it, because news flash that's how human biology works. I even see big anti-"victim blamer" people do this shit constantly claiming that whatever wrongdoings they commit are fine because the person they did it to was an asshole anyway.

If you think that's what victim blaming is, fine, but at least admit that it's not something we can even get rid of, and it's something that everyone, yes even you, is guilty of.

I write stuff now.

Response to police vs black card getting absurd 2014-12-23 05:08:51

At 12/22/14 02:42 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 12/22/14 08:27 AM, Boredy-Mcbored wrote: The reason there has been an uproar in the black community is because things like these happen more in black communities do to things like profiling.
No, it happens more often there because there's statistically much, much more crime. "The hood". Pretty much every community where no one but blacks with low income. It's home to the highest crime rates in america. You know what you don't see in middle class, racially diverse communities? Legit gangs, car jackings, muggings in broad daylight, street crime in general.

Yes, but I'm talking about outside the "hood". Blacks are still subject to unfair profiling regardless of community.

I loves teh intranet

Checks my Youtubes! Current Let's play- Earthbound

BBS Signature