00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Guine is part of Australia?

318 Views | 3 Replies

I've had this debate with many people. No one seems to believe me when I speak the truth of Australia including more than Australia.

To end widespread confusion we should just use the term Oceania. Naming a continent after a country is a terrible decision.

I have included this picture to educate the masses:

New Guine is part of Australia?

BBS Signature

Response to New Guine is part of Australia? 2014-11-26 18:33:56

Um, the proper term *is* Oceania.

And, no, Papua New Guinea is *not* a part of Australia. Australia is a country. Oceania is the continent. Oceania also includes New Zealand and all those little island nations too.

Get an up-to-date geography book if you seriously think Australia is the name of the continent, lol. Sounds like one of those people "Huh? What's Oceania? I've never heard of an Oceania before." You'll just come across as sounding stupid if you go around telling people Papua New Guinea is part of Australia, rofl.

Does your map of the world also show Zaire in Africa and U.S.S.R. ? Are we in the 1970s?

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to New Guine is part of Australia? 2014-11-26 19:12:14

At 11/26/14 06:33 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Does your map of the world also show Zaire in Africa and U.S.S.R. ? Are we in the 1970s?

As off topic as this is, I always thought Zaire was a far-cooler name than Dem-Rep Congo.

Response to New Guine is part of Australia? 2014-11-26 22:08:51

At 11/26/14 06:33 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Um, the proper term *is* Oceania.

And, no, Papua New Guinea is *not* a part of Australia. Australia is a country. Oceania is the continent. Oceania also includes New Zealand and all those little island nations too.

Let me guess, your not an American.

BBS Signature