00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cdhoeh0112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ferguson bruh

10,699 Views | 129 Replies

Response to Ferguson bruh 2014-11-27 00:51:14

At 11/27/14 12:28 AM, Profanity wrote: @Phobotech made an excellent post. Don't skip it when reading.

Thank you.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Ferguson bruh 2014-11-27 00:58:46

At 11/27/14 12:35 AM, Feoric wrote:
At 11/27/14 12:28 AM, Profanity wrote: I know the Police Report doesn't equate with my perspective. Officer Wilson is still on the payroll.
That's not a valid point here because you're going against the word of the person who filed the police report, not the actual officers. There's nothing to suggest that the report was fibbed, either internally or by the clerk.

The report is nothing but meaningless words written by the people who know Officer Wilson. It presents a completely different narrative to the events inside the store than those which are presented in the (very poorly transferred) security footage.

The security footage, which wasn't made public until nearly 2 weeks after Michael's death, was transferred by holding a cell phone camera up to a monitor. It wasn't transferred as data. It wasn't released in full. It wasn't released with the audio intact.

Why is that, Feoric? Are police just too stupid to transfer a section of video from a hard drive on a security camera to their own computers? Are they incapable of doing that in a way which looks forthcoming? I doubt it.

A 5'5" aging Pakistani man would walk out to physically confront a thief instead of calling the police straight off?
Yeah, I guess so! And good for him, too! And then he immediately retreated and filed a complaint with the PD after Brown used his size to intimidate him.

Also doubt it. More likely that this man is afraid to talk about what actually happened. Between all of his black neighbors and customers and the entire weight of the Ferguson PD, he would rather not speak out.

Did this 5'5" middle aged shopkeeper suddenly become a superhero and feel that it was worth getting into a physical altercation with a "thugger"?
Obviously not since he seemed pretty scared shit and backed off after he was strongarmed.

He seemed angry more than anything.

That isn't the behavior of a man who feels threatened by a "thugging" thief. That's the behavior of a man who felt insulted by a customer's behavior and wanted to let him know.
He wasn't threatened at first but he was clearly threatened enough to call the police afterwards. What you think happened just simply did not happen.

I'll wait for an actual video including the raw audio to change any positions. I will not just assume some clerk in the FPD has seen higher quality footage which corroborates a police-coerced story from the shopkeeper.

Just an 02er.

Response to Ferguson bruh 2014-11-27 01:22:03

At 11/27/14 01:09 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/27/14 12:58 AM, Profanity wrote:
Why are you trying so hard to deny the fact that the guy was a legit criminal and a thug?

A young black man is not a threat to society just because he is tall and muscular.
A young man's life is not a disposable thing just because he is black.
A young black man's life is not a disposable thing just because he breaks the law.
A young man who behaves "like a thug" does not deserve to be treated like a piece of trash.

My America is better than that. Why isn't yours?

You're utterly disgusted by the existence of other people. You're decades away from being capable of empathy, or even respecting other people's right to live their lives. You don't even care that a boy lost his life. The idea that he was loved and cared for by other people is so beyond comprehension to you that you ignore it.

Your opinions do not matter. You sicken me.

Just an 02er.

Response to Ferguson bruh 2014-11-27 01:32:02

At 11/27/14 01:09 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/27/14 12:58 AM, Profanity wrote:
Why are you trying so hard to deny the fact that the guy was a legit criminal and a thug?

yeah because people with good education and no police records are considered thugs

BBS Signature

Response to Ferguson bruh 2014-11-27 01:46:51

At 11/27/14 01:37 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/27/14 01:32 AM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote: yeah because people with good education and no police records are considered thugs
All it takes to be a thug is to rob one convenience store for $50 of cigars

except he didn't

BBS Signature

Response to Ferguson bruh 2014-11-27 02:13:57 (edited 2014-11-27 02:21:45)

At 11/27/14 12:58 AM, Profanity wrote: The report is nothing but meaningless words written by the people who know Officer Wilson. It presents a completely different narrative to the events inside the store than those which are presented in the (very poorly transferred) security footage.

Do you have a source for any of the claims you are making here? I'd like to see a source for the supposed discrepancies between what was written in the police report and what witnesses saw and heard inside the store.

The security footage, which wasn't made public until nearly 2 weeks after Michael's death, was transferred by holding a cell phone camera up to a monitor. It wasn't transferred as data. It wasn't released in full. It wasn't released with the audio intact.

Why is that, Feoric? Are police just too stupid to transfer a section of video from a hard drive on a security camera to their own computers? Are they incapable of doing that in a way which looks forthcoming? I doubt it.

Again, where is your source? Do we even know the CCTV had audio recording in the first place? A lot of places don't.

Also doubt it. More likely that this man is afraid to talk about what actually happened. Between all of his black neighbors and customers and the entire weight of the Ferguson PD, he would rather not speak out.

Um...considering the highly incriminating nature of the police report how does this make any sense? He's scared to ~*~speak the actual truth~*~ because of his black neighbors? Wouldn't the exact opposite be true considering what he actually told the police?

I'll wait for an actual video including the raw audio to change any positions. I will not just assume some clerk in the FPD has seen higher quality footage which corroborates a police-coerced story from the shopkeeper.

Okay, that's fine, but while you do that I will also not just assume some wild reaching conspiracy theory that the police report was intentionally fabricated while the PD suppressed the real truth about that particular incident, when what was actually reported coincides with the released surveillance video. Keep in mind I firmly believe the grand jury was intentionally spiked, Brown did not deserve to be killed and that there should also be a trial, but as far as I can see it's simply irrefutable that Brown robbed that store.

At 11/27/14 01:30 AM, Xenomit wrote: I'm not going by opinions, I'm going by facts. The facts are that he's a criminal and a thug. I'm NOT saying that because he's black, the fact that you keep making it about race is disturbing me. His skin color has NOTHING to do with anything. If he were white, I'd still be calling him a criminal and a thug, and the thing that saddens me is that you wouldn't have a problem with it then.

He isn't a thug because he's black. He's a thug because he exhibited the behaviors of a thug. He just so happened to be black.

Y'know, you're probably better off just not using terms that carry a lot of connotations like "thug" especially given the context. Maybe you just really like attempting to convince people that you aren't racist for using the term, I dunno, but if you don't particularly enjoy doing that on a regular basis (I can't imagine why anyone would) then there a bunch of other words which aren't so loaded that you can use to accurately describe his character in your eyes. Using the dictionary to literally define thug is a little silly because I don't think a lot of everyday people use and think of the term in a strict literal sense; there are stereotypes associated with the word and those stereotypes are not-so-coincidentally racially charged.

BBS Signature

Response to Ferguson bruh 2014-11-27 03:09:03

At 11/27/14 01:47 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/27/14 01:46 AM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote:
At 11/27/14 01:37 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/27/14 01:32 AM, xXSp1cyN1njaXx wrote: yeah because people with good education and no police records are considered thugs
All it takes to be a thug is to rob one convenience store for $50 of cigars
except he didn't
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1378522/6#bbspost25311611_post_text

Think before you post

Nothing in that police report provides any evidence which goes against the "Mike Paid" narrative. All it says is the officer in charge of collecting the surveillance footage after shooting Mike was unable to figure out how to take a video from a CD and convert it to a usable image format. It also says that witnesses inside the store told the responding officer that Mike had left with cigars. Nothing in the information given has enough detail to discern between the two competing narratives.

Why would Dorian put four boxes of swishers back on the counter after Michael took the others if they hadn't given the shopkeeper enough money for any swishers? Why would Michael put extra boxes back if he was just some "thug"?

Just an 02er.

Response to Ferguson bruh 2014-11-27 05:59:22

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Ferguson bruh 2014-11-27 13:23:30

At 11/27/14 03:09 AM, Profanity wrote: Why would Dorian put four boxes of swishers back on the counter after Michael took the others if they hadn't given the shopkeeper enough money for any swishers? Why would Michael put extra boxes back if he was just some "thug"?

Why would Dorian Johnson describe the robbery Brown committed before the grand jury?

It starts off on page 33. Page 34 is the interesting bit. I wish this was a pdf file with searchable text you could copy/paste instead of a bunch of pictures, but there it is. Johnson's description of the robbery goes on up to around page 40 or so, read it yourself. It happened and you are wrong to think otherwise.

BBS Signature

Response to Ferguson bruh 2014-11-27 17:15:12

At 11/27/14 05:59 AM, wildfire4461 wrote: And this reverend has it exactly right about those race baiters Sharpton and Jackson:

You know it's bad when Fox News is a voice of reason.