00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ironbrandon22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"juliet, Juliet" Voiceacting Collab

459 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey NG,
I'm writing a podcast that I have tentatively named "Juliet, Juliet."
Here is the teaser summary:
"1942: This is the story of an American commando dropped behind enemy lines. He is to set up a radio in the attic of a civilian dwelling and broadcast troop movements and important intelligence to spies in London, code-named Juliet, as well as resistance forces. The commando uses coded messages so that any enemy picking up his radio waves would not be able to decipher it. At least, that’s what we think."

I am looking for a voice actor who can voice this commando better than me! (Shouldn't be that hard, I'm not very good at voice acting.) Depending on how the first few episodes turn out, I'm prepared to produce at least one season of "Juliet, Juliet."

If you are interested in the role, I encourage you to record a sample of the pilot script (see below). You can record all or part of the script, whatever you think will best represent your voice acting.
Now more specific pointers: I'm not looking for a gruff "batman voice" to do this. I want a guy who sounds more or less normal, but also adult. You know, what you would expect from an army soldier. Accents are doable too! Let's see what you do. Feel free to add any effects if you so please (radio static etc.)

Sample:
‘Juliet Juliet, do you come in Juliet?
This is Firefly.
This is firefly.
Landed safely last night, radio seems to be working. T
he host family is quiet. Very quiet.
The father took me in, fed me some kind of squirrel stew.
The wife just sat, looking at me from across the table with dark, concerned, eyes. They did not look at my sloppy eating, or the fact that I had placed a semi-automatic pistol on the table, but they looked at my ears.
The kids don’t look at me. They just play with fire.
Juliet it seems that I must end this broadcast early. The father has just informed me that an enemy transport truck has overturned about a mile down the road, and some kind of red haze is drifting out of it. I must go investigate. This may be bingo. I repeat, I have bingo. Five across.

But before I go I just HAVE to inform you of something that has quite intrigued me.

In the attic here I found a book.
It does not have a title.
I repeat: it does not have a title.
It is written in a script that I have never seen. It is not latin, russian, or any asian script. It flows like cursive, includes many dots and squiggles. Many letters flow into eachother. Punctuation is minimal. It seems to be written left to right? What is more mysterious are the drawings inside. Sketches of strange beasts and odd machines that I could never have imagined. Look, I just opened to a random page and there is a drawing of people walking on a city street in the rain They hold umbrellas, but also walking on the street are pairs of legs maybe eight inches high. Or for you Juliet I guess that would be twelve centimeters? The pair of legs have umbrellas covering them, but there is no handle. The umbrella just seems to float on top of these walking legs. On another page is a map, a map of a land I have never seen. I will send more information as it becomes available.

Eight. Five. Seven. Four. Three. Three. One. Two. Oscar. One. Niner. Kappa. Four. Seven. Foxtrot. Seven. Seven. Juliet.

*a long pause*

End of transmission, Juliet.

bump

Response to "juliet, Juliet" Voiceacting Collab 2014-11-15 16:15:29

Are you still looking for a voice actor?
If so then (if/when) i do the sample, where do i send it?