00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Schwicky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wii U Game: Splatoon

2,858 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Wii U Game: Splatoon 2014-11-08 23:16:02

So there's this game that's coming soon for the Wii U that's called Splatoon. Is there anyone who's interested in it?

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L54s2m1dPs

It reminds me of DeBlob.

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2014-11-10 03:30:55

At 11/8/14 11:16 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: So there's this game that's coming soon for the Wii U that's called Splatoon. Is there anyone who's interested in it?

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L54s2m1dPs

It reminds me of DeBlob.

Well at first I was pretty luke-warm about the game, Thought it'd be fun but definitely not on my must play list. After seeing the campaign trailer, the game has caught my attention. I'd like to see more but it's got my attention.

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2014-11-10 15:32:06

I will check it out.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2014-11-10 20:06:34

I'm interesting it although i don't have a wiiu

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2014-11-10 20:08:56

At 11/10/14 08:06 PM, kazumazkan wrote: I'm interesting it although i don't have a wiiu

I don't have one either, but I plan on getting one, especially since the original Wii either is or is going to be out of production soon.

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2014-11-10 22:44:49

I've been pretty hard on the Wii U ever since day it launched, but from the looks of things, Splatoon might be one of the few games that are worth checking out. If nothing else, it's a new IP that Nintendo really needs right now.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2014-11-11 00:07:27

At 11/8/14 11:16 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: So there's this game that's coming soon for the Wii U that's called Splatoon. Is there anyone who's interested in it?

One of the few reasons I want a Wii u.
Others were: MarioKart 8, Smash Bros. for Wii U (8-player falclock punches collide), and Virtual console. Yeah.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-05-29 01:24:18

Bumping this because today's the day the Splatoon gets released!

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-05-29 09:26:29

It looks like a fun multiplayer experience.

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-05-29 16:20:19

At 5/29/15 01:24 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: Bumping this because today's the day the Splatoon gets released!

It would be awesome if Splatoon became a massive success. Could help more people purchase Wii U consoles and help Nintendo in sales.

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-05-29 19:18:26

yes m8

Wii U Game: Splatoon

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-05-31 16:25:47

At 5/29/15 07:18 PM, TheMaster wrote: yes m8

Damn… where did you get the t-shirt from?

Also to OP: I'm very excited to play it. It looks like the sort of game that would have me instantly hooked. Also somewhat tempted to buy into the Amiibo for the game which is something I've really not been interested in before. I'm intrigued that the Splatoon Amiibo seems to add some extra challenges to your game.

wow haha ok there bud

My Music : Last.fm : My GoodReads : My Film Collection

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-05-31 16:49:21

At 5/31/15 04:25 PM, Mechabloliver wrote:
Damn… where did you get the t-shirt from?

Nintendo threw them in with the special edition when ordered direct from them. Seems to be their new standard, did the same with Mario Kart 8.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-06-01 17:36:37

I have a major problem with this game: it's too much fun.

Also, everybody is posting shitty squidward memes in this game and I hate it

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-06-03 15:04:43

Bought my copy of it today; looking forward to playing it, but I just know it'll probably be a huge time-sink for me, so I'm postponing playing it until I've finished some of my other… well, my other recreational duties hah (I started playing FF6 not too long ago and I want to finish it before I start another game). Depending on how much I love this game too, I may look into investing in my first set of Amiibos for this game since I hear they offer more content.

At 6/1/15 04:14 PM, ZeroDown wrote: I'd buy it if it wasn't a Wii U exclusive, unless there are some other interesting games coming out for the Wii U later.

Your loss, my friend. The WiiU has a pretty interesting line-up for this year, including titles such as Xenoblade Chronicles X [JRPG]; Rodea: The Sky Soldier [JRPG]; Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tenseni [JRPG]; Mario Maker (if that's your thing); Kirby & The Rainbow Paintbrush; Starfox WiiU; Mighty No. 9; etc. It's already got a fairly worthwhile library of exclusives already released and there's more to come from what's already been announced. I'm sure some new titles will be made aware of during this year's E3 too.

If any of the exclusives are somewhat appealing, I'd recommend a WiiU as they're the most cost-effective option on the console market at the moment. My only gripes with it at the moment is that I'd want some more racing games available for it and it'd be great to see the games from the Wii's e-shop available on the WIiU's e-shop rather than the small selection of games already available on the WiiU's e-shop (plus, where's the Gamecube virtual console?).

wow haha ok there bud

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-06-03 18:40:34

Hot damn, i like my Canadian Splatoon shirt but kinda jelly of the European design now.

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-06-11 06:11:27

At 6/9/15 07:19 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: Rant regarding consoles.

That's understandable - there's a lot of flaws and limitations with consoles that PC gaming bypasses - I do certainly enjoy PC gaming too and always have from a young age as - not just the ability to play the best version of games more often than not - I love the games that just wouldn't fit on any other platforms like simulators, strategies, etc. But I'm also very interested in first party exclusives that console manufacturers distribute, even if they may be casual games or even if the hardware it's produced for is highly limited in its technical specs - I just can't say no from time-to-time to a bit of Demon's Souls or (more recently, and more relevant to the thread topic) Splatoon; they're quite addictive.

Although I understand your argument about how games are more easily obtainable via the PC platform, even through illegitimate means such as pirating. I've always appreciated the ability to emulate on my PC as it allows me access to many forgotten games from previous generations of gaming.

So fella, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I appreciate console gaming and I appreciate PC gaming - I don't try to limit myself from the variety of games on offer on a platform. I understand and appreciate your perspective though and why you would play exclusively on PC though as I know a fair few people like that personally. Mate, as long as you enjoy what you're playing, I don't see any harm.

wow haha ok there bud

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-06-11 07:41:17

At 6/11/15 06:36 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote: i could say no to splatoon but.. i might have a go at the souls thingamajig. i've just heard it's hard as heck and unlike most gamers i do not like challenges. i like gamelength, not artificial extensions to said length.

The Souls' franchise isn't particularly difficult, but I guess if you're not often keen on challenges, then you might feel otherwise. A player's first Souls game seems to usually be the hardest one and then they get used to the gameplay and techniques, applying them to battles across the franchise. i don't believe that the Souls games are artificially extending their length though - the majority of the battles you'll encounter are rather well designed and often test the player's ability with their preferred playing styles. I've always appreciated that about the franchise: you're not limited in customisations of class but you've got to know the techniques and abilities such classes can do inside and out.

a vast story and wide open explorable world with multiple endings and bonus stages.. that's my thing. i need each game to last me the month even if i never do anything but play the g with not too challenging a difficulty.

The Souls series, in fairness, does offer wide explorable areas and, depending on how keen the player is on the game's lore, it offers a vast story too, depending on how much you're willing to accept subtle references and interpretations for the game as indicators of narrative.

I understand the appeal of a game lasting a month or longer though - I feel similarly depending on how much I spend on a game. Anything higher than £20 best last me a month or two.

that's my thing as well. i dont particularly care for most current generation games. phoenix wright and castlevania ds (all three of them) and trauma center are pretty much the limit of what i can emulate with this pc of recent years.
thanks. i suppose the elitism isnt this bad amongst all console users after all.
me, i'm just an attitude mirror. prone to negative influence. prior experience with one member of any given demographic gives me the false notion that they must all be like that.

I don't blame you, man. This generation of gaming has had a very slow start and it doesn't show many signs of gaining momentum except for, in my opinion, the consistent quality in titles available for the WiiU but even then that's been struggling too as the console hasn't sold nearly as many models as its two leading competitors. The industry's a messy place, no doubt about it.

Also no worries, mate; I'm here to discuss video games, not to get into arguments. I hope you keep our discussion as a polite reminder that - although I'm not necessarily exclusively a console gamer - not all console gamers are ignorant, arrogant fools.

wow haha ok there bud

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-06-23 23:08:42

Splatoon is an amazing fun game. If you have a Wii U, you should really get this game.

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-06-25 15:33:04

At 6/24/15 01:14 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 6/23/15 11:08 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Splatoon is an amazing fun game. If you have a Wii U, you should really get this game.
is there any nintendo game you ever found not fun?

Yes, Bebe's Kids. Man, that game was terrible.

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-06-25 17:31:11

At 6/24/15 01:14 AM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 6/23/15 11:08 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Splatoon is an amazing fun game. If you have a Wii U, you should really get this game.
is there any nintendo game you ever found not fun?

Pretty much half of the NES library is dog shit.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-06-25 22:32:11

Well, if you're NIntendo fans, there's nothing to surprise about the graphics as well as the gameplay. However, i decide to give it a try, and actually, it's pretty good! The tasks are fun and challenging...In general, it's a good game, and I''m not regret for enjoying it.

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-06-26 04:57:41

The game it's amazing I think that it's true when Nintendo says that this game is the MarioKart of the Shooters.
Some people is cheating about the lack of content but the game is amazing and the updates will solve this.

I love this game as it's amazing game and very funny. Thanks Nintendo for make true games of quality and fresh IP´s, and i wait more games in this style from Nintendo.

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-06-26 11:12:49

Holy Shit, you got all the amiibo AND the t-shirt?
That's... ...amazing!

"Codswallop in my opinion." - Hagrid

"I trust no one but my ham sandwich." - SNAPCRACKLEANDPOP2

Never say no to Panda.

Response to Wii U Game: Splatoon 2015-06-26 15:34:17

It's a nice feature that some of the sketches found on the Miiverse can be found in-game as pieces of graffiti.

I hope there'll be some updates for this game soon though - a level cap at level 20 seems pretty restrictive and only ranked matches and turf war game modes for online multiplayer? Turf war is a lot of fun of course, but a game like Splatoon could certainly have some different game modes added to extend the longevity of the online multiplayer aspect.

Also I feel a stronger urge to pick up the Splatoon amiibo now - the extra items look neato and the extra missions would certainly add more to the - very enjoyable, but - limited campaign. Maybe I'm taking it too seriously, though: it's certainly a blast and I was caught up playing it yesterday for about 4 hours straight, I just wish there was a little more to it.

Those Splat-jam battles (or whatever they're called) I believe are coming to the UK in July though so that'll be a neat event to partake in.

wow haha ok there bud

BBS Signature