00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BUNKUMBITCH just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How do I put my game made in C on.

620 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I made a game in C programming using Video Studios but it won't let me upload that file on here. How do I make it so that I can put my game on here?

Response to How do I put my game made in C on. 2014-11-08 04:46:24

At 11/7/14 11:38 PM, JDBrooks55 wrote: I made a game in C programming using Video Studios but it won't let me upload that file on here. How do I make it so that I can put my game on here?

If it's possible to export in a format you can embed on an HTML page, you should be able to upload it via .zip. If it is an executable however (as I suppose it is?) it won't run online.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to How do I put my game made in C on. 2014-11-09 14:39:39

If it's possible to export in a format you can embed on an HTML page, you should be able to upload it via .zip. If it is an executable however (as I suppose it is?) it won't run online.

It is saved as a .sln file. I'm not sure how I would change it to an HTML.

Response to How do I put my game made in C on. 2014-11-09 14:55:39

At 11/9/14 02:39 PM, JDBrooks55 wrote: It is saved as a .sln file. I'm not sure how I would change it to an HTML.

Oh, I didn't mean to change it to an actual .html file, but if possible to embed it via a .html file. If you can export for .html that'd be all the better though! I hadn't heard of the .sln format before, don't think that'll work online. Tried searching for Video Studios to see if they have other export formats, but I can't find a program with that name?

BBS Signature

Response to How do I put my game made in C on. 2014-11-09 19:22:58

At 11/7/14 11:38 PM, JDBrooks55 wrote: I made a game in C programming using Video Studios but it won't let me upload that file on here. How do I make it so that I can put my game on here?

Newgrounds supports flash, unity, and html5 content so far. So if you can manage to turn your c game into one of those, then you can upload it.

Response to How do I put my game made in C on. 2014-11-10 04:53:38

At 11/9/14 02:55 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 11/9/14 02:39 PM, JDBrooks55 wrote: It is saved as a .sln file. I'm not sure how I would change it to an HTML.
Oh, I didn't mean to change it to an actual .html file, but if possible to embed it via a .html file. If you can export for .html that'd be all the better though! I hadn't heard of the .sln format before, don't think that'll work online. Tried searching for Video Studios to see if they have other export formats, but I can't find a program with that name?

Oh my bad, it's Visual Studios. I typed it wrong. Do you guys know of a way to change the file type to one of those? I'll do some research on it myself of course.

Response to How do I put my game made in C on. 2014-11-10 05:16:48

At 11/10/14 04:53 AM, JDBrooks55 wrote: Oh my bad, it's Visual Studios. I typed it wrong. Do you guys know of a way to change the file type to one of those? I'll do some research on it myself of course.

For starters you could check the export settings: Tools – Import Export Settings. I don't think it'll be possible, can't find any info about exporting for the web... but best of luck!

BBS Signature

For starters, .sln is short for "solution". it refers to an entire project basically. .sln is a working file and not something you export. you need to look at compiling and building from visual studio into some kind of format that can be embedded to html. I'm not a C programmer so I dont know really how to do this,probably what you want to do is post your question on stack overflow to find out what other programmers do to use html to embed their games.

Response to How do I put my game made in C on. 2014-11-11 23:26:52

At 11/11/14 08:25 PM, kerihobo wrote: For starters, .sln is short for "solution". it refers to an entire project basically. .sln is a working file and not something you export. you need to look at compiling and building from visual studio into some kind of format that can be embedded to html. I'm not a C programmer so I dont know really how to do this,probably what you want to do is post your question on stack overflow to find out what other programmers do to use html to embed their games.

Thank you. I already posted it on stack overflow and no one answered, they just said it was not relevant and I should take my question somewhere else. I'll look more into and let you guys know. Thanks again.

Response to How do I put my game made in C on. 2014-11-11 23:32:35

oh wow brutal

Response to How do I put my game made in C on. 2014-11-12 03:39:22

As mentioned above, NG accepts html5, flash and unity. C compiles into none of them so you're out of luck here. Sorry.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature