00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards

19,831 Views | 158 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-11 07:21:41

At 12/11/14 07:12 AM, Whirlguy wrote: Question here: I'd like to make a reference to the number of the beast, but I want to scatter the three 6's over the entire drawing. Is that a possibility?

Yeah, go on. I'd have to treat you as a special case and have three mini-highlight circles, but it's doable.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-11 08:41:42

I feel like my thing is far too brash--
But in designing it, Corel crashed, and I lost about 4 hours of work, and I tried to pull it together for something bearable, AH!

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-11 11:26:58

...... So I'm going to ink this and hide 3 triangles somewhere in here.
so yeah. WIP.

It's a Wooley World, but someones got to shave it...

Another neat collab idea! I've been sketching on this little random motive I hope'll qualify (?). Planning to color/outline/etc digitally, something I've never tried before so... ought to be interesting!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

I'm not entirely happy with the linework on mine. Shouldn't have used those bold lines in the background I guess... Oh well! Here's a list of references I've been using:
- Owl
- Both of the guy's eyes
- Unlucky number 13
- 666, the number of the beast

BBS Signature

At 12/11/14 08:20 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Here's a list of references I've been using:
- Both of the guy's eyes

... oh, that's a really clever one!
Thanks!

At 12/11/14 05:27 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Another neat collab idea! I've been sketching on this little random motive I hope'll qualify (?). Planning to color/outline/etc digitally, something I've never tried before so... ought to be interesting!

Yeah, you're welcome to try! :)

All I can suggest is that it looks pretty cramped on the left handside since you've got so much stuff going on, while it is emptier on your right hand side. When it comes to doing your linework, it would be worthwhile to move some of those bits (earth, UFO) around in the right hand side of the space, and putting the Christmas message in the middle of the picture!

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-12 08:13:49

At 12/12/14 04:45 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Yeah, you're welcome to try! :)

Groovy. Guess I'd better get started..

All I can suggest is that it looks pretty cramped on the left handside since you've got so much stuff going on, while it is emptier on your right hand side. When it comes to doing your linework, it would be worthwhile to move some of those bits (earth, UFO) around in the right hand side of the space, and putting the Christmas message in the middle of the picture!

Yeah, I started on that side; all the action accumulated in the corner. Noted. Will see how different placements work out!

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-12 23:51:51

At 12/9/14 07:02 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
Here's a little shout-out to the people who have expressed interest in the collab:
@gween123, @maficmelody, @JackDCurleo, @WahyaRanger, @subliminalvirus, @Exedor, @VaguelyWonderful, @SuperBastard, @creepyboy, @saminat, @cosmic, @Lusin and @GunBoyIsAwesome ...
... are you guys still in? I'd love to have you on board, and Christmas is soon approaching so you might be more geared up to make a card!

I just started to work on something. I'll probably show a WIP tomorrow and have it finished by sunday.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-13 01:27:08

Is there a limit to how many we can stick in there?
I'm thinking like 5 or 6...?

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-13 01:59:59

At 12/13/14 01:27 AM, WooleyWorld wrote: Is there a limit to how many we can stick in there?
I'm thinking like 5 or 6...?

Depends on how much lubrication you're using, sweetcakes.

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-13 20:36:54

At 12/10/14 10:08 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: Nowhere near complete, but I am in this.

I forgot that I had forgotten how to make digital art not look like poop, so I've started over in watercolor.

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-14 02:23:45

WIP
I'm basically making a traditional xmas card with an innocent looking snowman, but as you can see there are several illuminati stuff, some of it is pretty obvious, some of it is not. I just need to add a background for the snowman and fix details and stuff and it'll be done.

BBS Signature

Hope this'll do.

Monarch butterfly and checkerboard.

Almost finished with this thing! Been coloring/modifying in Fireworks, outlining in Flash and adding layers of the original scan to get back some of the overdrawn details. Just need to add some new references instead of the too-obvious ones removed... etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-14 16:34:31

All done! References are: the all-seeing eye and upside down or double cross in X, and the 666 belt buckle. Also potentially the moon monster's devilish horns, if they're relevant, though I wasn't thinking of this when I drew them.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-14 16:41:09

At 12/14/14 01:34 PM, Cairos wrote: Hope this'll do.

Monarch butterfly and checkerboard.

That's gorgeous. Great work.

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-14 16:56:00

At 12/14/14 04:34 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: All done! References are: the all-seeing eye and upside down or double cross in X, and the 666 belt buckle. Also potentially the moon monster's devilish horns, if they're relevant, though I wasn't thinking of this when I drew them.

I really like this pic, btw. The white outlines really do make everything pop.
I also like all the other entries that have popped in!
My only problem is with @SubliminalVirus 's pic, which appears bit dark. Would it be possible if you could take the photo for your pic again so that it's better lit? Usually I find it better taking photos around lunch time so that there's lot of natural light. I'm also tempted to mess with contrast and colours on Photoshop just to see if it offers any improvement.

Here's what I've done so far. My brain's a bit switched off today (I shouldn't have played games), so I haven't accomplished as much as I'd like. I'm going to play around with the counters and HUD stuff before I head to bed :)

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-14 18:54:26

DONE.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-14 19:20:50

At 12/14/14 06:54 PM, creepyboy wrote: DONE.

====
Just posting a reply so that I know how far I've updated the pictures in the SWF file. Also added some prelim buttons for the Triangles all over the place.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-14 22:38:18

At 11/3/14 07:38 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: - Aim to make your card interesting!

Shit. I knew I should have read the rules before working on my submission.

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-14 23:45:14

I did what I could with what I can, will this do?

I'll sleep on it.

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-15 09:08:15

You better watch out

Tentative finished? Might go back and clean things up later

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-15 11:55:36

I plan on doing the animation for it with in the next few days if I can figure out how or get some one else to figure it out for me but hopefully you can get the idea of what im doing by looking at the still images.

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-15 12:12:33

@TricycleLord, I forgot to mention before, but it's "starring", not "staring". I hope you get your animation stuff sorted, it'd be easier to do that in Flash, I reckon.

BBS Signature

At 12/15/14 12:12 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: @TricycleLord, I forgot to mention before, but it's "starring", not "staring".

I was messing around with it in class today and my friend pointed out the spelling error so thats already fixed.

Ok if i can just send you a flash file i should be able to put that together today.

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-15 14:49:57

At 12/15/14 02:47 PM, TricycleLord wrote: Ok if i can just send you a flash file i should be able to put that together today.

Yeah, that's fine :)

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-15 17:09:12

Hey! I got wind of this thing a touch too late, but I'm workin' my ass off to get something done tonight!
I don't hang around the forums that often so I usually see this kind of thing in the top-left of the NG homepage.
Will post a WIP when I'm about halfway in!!

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-15 17:46:44

Here's my WIP. Still working on some colouring experimentation and I still need to add the festive border, text and secret illuminati symbols!
So far there's a snake on the bag patch and Nick's throwin' us the ol' triple sixer.

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-15 18:18:40

At 12/14/14 10:38 PM, Sockembop wrote:
At 11/3/14 07:38 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: - Aim to make your card interesting!
Shit. I knew I should have read the rules before working on my submission.

Some adjustments:

BBS Signature

Response to Collab: Illuminati Xmas Cards 2014-12-15 19:48:50

Done, I guess! Any feedback before final submission?
I tried to make his bag-handle a pyramid, but I think it might've come out a little too subtle.
- Left hand is a triple six
- all-seein' eye on his coat
- lil' snake on the patch.