00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Wannabe starter pack

1,373 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Metal Wannabe starter pack 2014-10-27 03:31:00

http://kytary.muziker.cz/elektricke-kytary/elektricky-kytarovy-set/p/11908-sx-EG2K-Black

SX EG2K Black

It's happening lol
It's cheaper than I thought.
So I'm buyin it.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Wannabe starter pack 2014-10-27 03:55:52

10 watt amp? You can't play no metal with that thing!

Not to mention it doesn't come with a distortion pedal.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Wannabe starter pack 2014-10-27 04:38:26

At 10/27/14 03:55 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: 10 watt amp? You can't play no metal with that thing!

Why Why?!

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Wannabe starter pack 2014-10-27 06:59:06

At 10/27/14 03:55 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: 10 watt amp? You can't play no metal with that thing!

i guess you're supposed to overdrive the amp for that. probably not very br00tal sounding but it's a starter kit so whatcha gonna do?

p.s. i am gay

Funnily enough, my bass and amp is from the same company.

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Metal Wannabe starter pack 2014-10-27 14:18:59

At 10/27/14 02:08 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: Funnily enough, my bass and amp is from the same company.

I might go for this instead.
http://kytary.cz/washburn-win14b-pake/HN113869/?gclid=CPy9l9DMzMECFW3JtAodlF0Atw

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Personally I'd skip the amp, get a guitar only and DI it through one of the quality free Amp sims that are out there.

Then again maybe you intend to jam live in different locations or something, in which case my comment is void.

Response to Metal Wannabe starter pack 2014-10-27 17:32:37

At 10/27/14 05:16 PM, LunyAlex wrote: Personally I'd skip the amp, get a guitar only and DI it through one of the quality free Amp sims that are out there.

Then again maybe you intend to jam live in different locations or something, in which case my comment is void.

Or maybe I'm just buying a complete pack because it's on sale right now with a good price. :)

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Wannabe starter pack 2014-10-31 18:10:11

Change of plans.

Harley Benton L-200-Set 2

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Starter Packs are what they say on the label - something to get you started and nothing more. You will hate your guitar and your amp within about a year and want to invest in something new. The best bet is to put all that money into a better guitar (an Ibanez Gio or something) and then wait it out to buy a 40+Watt amp. They only start getting better from that range upwards EXCEPT for Roland amps which are decent even at lower levels. Of course their 2Watt amp isn't as impressive as their 80Watt amp, but it's better than anything else out there at that price range and output.

Tldr: Get a better guitar from the start or you're wasting your money. Buy a Roland Cube amp, they're cheap and good.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

At 11/1/14 05:59 AM, MetalRenard wrote: Starter Packs are what they say on the label - something to get you started and nothing more. You will hate your guitar and your amp within about a year

I'm actually still using the guitar I started with. And it's just a shitty little Peavy Raptor. Doesn't even have 22 frets. It's literally a walmart quality guitar.

But I make do.

That said... I'm probably going to be investing in a new 6 string soon. Cause without a massive amount of maintenance and tweaking, this guitar sounds like complete shit... and yet somehow people still seem to like my metal tracks.

Not that I've uploaded any metal in the last 2 years.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Of course, it's possible to work miracles if you know what you're doing, but you'll never make a really cheap, horrible guitar FEEL like an expensive one when you play it and you'll never make it sound truly like one either.

An good guitar has a lot of things working together that another one would not, for example a through-neck allows for heaps of sustain, a different (more expensive) wood allows for a warmer/fuller tone, high quality pickups allow for a crisper, more precise sound with more output (such as the EMG81s on my LTD F400).
Plus I love how my guitar looks... *love*
http://www.espguitars.co.jp/ltd/images/F-400FM_stblk.jpg

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Wannabe starter pack 2014-11-01 14:43:05

Go with the starter amp setup unless you are already an experienced player. You won't "regret" buying it, and provided that you get it adjusted properly by a professional you'll be playing it for a long time. I still have my Fender Squire Strat that I got as a gift eons ago, and while the intonation is slightly out (yet fixable), it is STILL playable.

Playing through an amp is an art in and of itself. It's different to sit down and fiddle with knobs on a computer, but getting the right tone out of the room/gig you are playing at is it's own game.

It's not the guitar that makes the man. It's the man who makes the guitar. Good luck!

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature