00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

vestik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting

2,942 Views | 43 Replies

Two students have been killed, including the shooter, and 4 others are wounded, 3 critically at a high school in Marysville, Washington, near Seattle.

On Twitter, some say the shooter was mad over a girl and shot a few people who were related to the spat. Some say the shooter, who is of Native American descent, was bullied because of his race.

He committed suicide after the attack.

He has been identified as Jaylen Fryberg, a student at the school.

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 16:39:09

There has been too many school shootings in the recent years. Maybe it's time to enforce some sort of security in schools?

BBS Signature

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 16:42:40

It was because of violent video games.

-supergandhi64

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 16:45:59

At 10/24/14 04:42 PM, koopahermit wrote: It was because of violent video games.

-supergandhi64

Fuck, I was just going to post about how long it'd take before people start blaming video games for it.

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 16:46:21

At 10/24/14 04:30 PM, BigFatKid wrote: Two students have been killed, including the shooter, and 4 others are wounded, 3 critically at a high school in Marysville, Washington, near Seattle.

So same shit different decade, right, add that to the list.

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 18:08:16

I blame Marilyn Manson.

fuk

BBS Signature

At 10/24/14 04:30 PM, BigFatKid wrote: Some say the shooter, who is of Native American descent, was bullied because of his race.

I wonder if he has an NG account...

It's like Jeff Weise, AKA Regret, all over again.

Edit: Weise, not Weiss.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

so hows those gun laws holding up over there then? what a waste of human life

BBS Signature

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 19:05:37

More senseless violence going on in schools for no fucking reason and inb4 video games and guns are blamed.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 19:14:16

Weird how America is the only country in the world where this is a common problem. Really weird.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 19:15:15

do u think this would of happened if he had no access to a gun?

lol. guns ARE to blame. and also, our culture. it promotes shit like this, because we have a shit mental health system that cant cure faqets like this gunman

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 19:24:02

It's going to be the same crap, video game blaming and the fact that people will start making excuses for the shooter by saying how he's bullied and that makes it justified apparently.

Later, some group of people will start worshiping the guy and forms a cult, like they did for the Columbine shooters.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

At 10/24/14 07:24 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: It's going to be the same crap, video game blaming and the fact that people will start making excuses for the shooter by saying how he's bullied and that makes it justified apparently.

Later, some group of people will start worshiping the guy and forms a cult, like they did for the Columbine shooters.

he killed like 3 people. who gives a fuck lol
and im willing to bet he was on drugs

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 19:32:39

At 10/24/14 06:25 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 10/24/14 04:30 PM, BigFatKid wrote: Some say the shooter, who is of Native American descent, was bullied because of his race.

I wonder if he has an NG account...

It's like Jeff Weise, AKA Regret, all over again.

Edit: Weise, not Weiss.

Yeah it did remind me a bit of the Weise incident, though Weise did it on a reservation, and this shooting happened in a regular suburb but near a reservation. Weise was a gothic loner type while Fryberg seemed like an outgoing happy kid who just snapped.

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 19:35:59

At 10/24/14 04:39 PM, Teddiikun wrote: There has been too many school shootings in the recent years. Maybe it's time to enforce some sort of security in schools?

I agree, why hasn't there been any mention of some sort of security in most schools? I know in my area they now have locks on the doors, and if you want to come in they need to see your face on camera and some info. Which I think is a good thing. More schools should follow this routine. But I think it'd be best for security guards.

BBS Signature

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 19:54:04

Why do we need all of these Columbine clones i mean i understand their stress and their issues with bullying but is it completely necessary? These school shooting have been less deadly since Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, and Columbine...

"let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself" - FDR

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -George Santayana

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 19:58:56

At 10/24/14 07:55 PM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 10/24/14 07:35 PM, Bremaine wrote: I know in my area they now have locks on the doors, and if you want to come in they need to see your face on camera and some info. Which I think is a good thing. More schools should follow this routine. But I think it'd be best for security guards.
This is overkill.

It's not like you're living in a warzone.

Yeah, that's true. It'd be a bit ridiculous having excessive security in a school. Maybe a security system that doesn't allow people to bring guns to school, such as a metal detector or something along those lines?

BBS Signature

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 19:59:37

Just go play Pico's school to get your mind off things

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 20:06:26

demanding reparations

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 20:09:52

Okay, back to fapping.

BBS Signature

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 20:10:01

At 10/24/14 08:03 PM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 10/24/14 07:58 PM, Teddiikun wrote: Yeah, that's true. It'd be a bit ridiculous having excessive security in a school. Maybe a security system that doesn't allow people to bring guns to school, such as a metal detector or something along those lines?
It's not like people just go to school with a gun in their pocket and wait until second block to start a rampage. If you're already armed, a metal detector isn't going to stop you.

And guns aren't the problem, at any rate. If someone snapped and decided to start killing people, they could do it with a kitchen knife or a hefty stick or really anything. The issue at hand is mental illness, since last I checked, people with healthy brains don't make a habit of murdering people.

That's true. Keep in mind despite me making this topic school shootings or any school attacks are pretty rare. A fatal shooting at a high school probably happens only once a month in this country, more or less, so probably about 10 fatal school shootings a year, with some being isolated incidents and some being shootings where it's just a kid shooting random people because he's angry at the world. So the chance of going to a school/college and having this happen is very rare, probably less than 0.1% chance that it will happen at our schools during our whole period of life of being in school and college.

There are other forms of violence, mostly in ghettos or domestic disturbances, but people expect schools to be safer environments, so the expectations of safeness is higher in them.

Yes, people can use knives in school attacks or any other attack. Last month in China, a random old guy stabbed 3 people to death at a school in China because he was severely mentally ill, and last August, a man killed a few kids with a knife at a school in China because his kid didn't get accepted into the school, and he then committed suicide.

Generally though, while knives, box cutters, and bats are deadly, they are a bit less likely to kill than guns. However, there have been plenty of school stabbings in China, many of which claimed the lives of multiple kids, with one where 8 people died I think, from a decade ago.

At 10/24/14 08:03 PM, Cordyceps wrote:
It's not like people just go to school with a gun in their pocket and wait until second block to start a rampage. If you're already armed, a metal detector isn't going to stop you.

What do you mean by "It's not like people just go to school with a gun in their pocket and wait until second block to start a rampage."? people have done it before, therefore how can you say it's not "like people" to do that?

Other then that, the purpose of a metal detector is to detect any weapons like guns and otherwise, not to directly stop them. It will be a shit ton easier to stop someone by having them be searched at a metal detector, or even exposed at one rather then letting them position themselves so they can kill as many people as possible. Metal detectors make things a hell of a lot harder on the shooter, and can serve to warn the school.

And guns aren't the problem, at any rate. If someone snapped and decided to start killing people, they could do it with a kitchen knife or a hefty stick or really anything. The issue at hand is mental illness, since last I checked, people with healthy brains don't make a habit of murdering people.

Are you saying that because someone can kill with a knife, we shouldn't make an effort to restrict their access to guns? Just because someone can kill with something other then a gun does not mean we can't make an effort to control who has access to guns.

Have you ever fought with a knife? Or even fire a gun? Sure you can kill with a knife, but a gun is a hell of a lot easier. A student can try to go on a rampage with a knife, but he'll never ever be able to get the amount of kills and injuries he can with a gun.

If you want to continue this, PM me, I do not want to derail this topic into a flamewar, and before you assume anything, I do not affiliate with any political party, and I am a gun owner.

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 20:25:41

As usual, the media is going to find a scapegoat (or more likely, scapegoats) and then use that as a crutch to put the blame on something that is has long since been disproven. So far, we haven't even known very much about the shooter, so we can't tell what was wrong with him from a psychological standpoint. Unlike Sandy Hook or Columbine, I would imagine that the media won't talk about very much beyond this weekend (next week at the most) because of the low body count, not that it changes the conversation.

There is always a huge can of worms that is opened when a school shooting happens, but it always seems like the answer is so far away even when it right in front of us, or at least a part of it.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 20:34:32

i feel like this all just reenforces my idea that teachers should be armed or schools should all have armed cops

Totally not a meth cook

BBS Signature

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 20:40:41

At 10/24/14 08:35 PM, Cordyceps wrote:
At 10/24/14 08:23 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: I'm a liberal hippie
Why do you hate freedom so much?

I don't hate freedom, I hate irresponsibility and laziness. I have an significant dislike for hippies, the left, and the right, and that picture addressing nothing in my post and proves nothing.

I don't like being called stuff I am not.

Or will you ignore this post to?

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 20:49:37

The reason why shootings happen is because no third party has taken notice of the shooters mental stability.

Has anyone ever seen "Bang bang, you're dead?" it's a pretty good telemovie that explores why teens shoot up schools.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 20:51:32

At 10/24/14 08:49 PM, Cordyceps wrote: stuff

Let's continue this via PM.

I really do not want to derail this topic.

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 21:13:52

It was because America had too many people, so the chance of having random shootings in the whole country is higher than average.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 21:24:26

At 10/24/14 09:13 PM, i-am-ghey wrote: It was because America had too many people, so the chance of having random shootings in the whole country is higher than average.

Exactly. The US is more violent than certain countries but it's more likely happen here because of its large population. Although this shooting wasn't all that random because the shooter seemed to have some targets, and at least one of the 5 victims was a girl that he wanted to date and rejected him.

Response to Few Dead In Wa High School Shooting 2014-10-24 22:14:21

Case in point... Kid has an assault rifle, two dozen people die. Kid has a handgun, two people die.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)