00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Putting together a ragtag dev team

518 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm looking to collaborate with programmers and artists to make games. I'll contribute what I can, and my standards are pretty low. I'm not real great at anything, but I can do a little bit of writing, pixel art, chiptunes, that kinda thing. ( I can't program worth shit, though.) Anyways, I'm not really looking for a one-off project. I want to get together a group of people, probably made up of losers like myself, and try and make something not entirely awful. Let's make a goddamn development team.

you`re scared of me. admit it.

Response to Putting together a ragtag dev team 2014-10-22 22:33:45

At 10/21/14 08:52 PM, thefeared1 wrote: I'm looking to collaborate with programmers and artists to make games. I'll contribute what I can, and my standards are pretty low. I'm not real great at anything, but I can do a little bit of writing, pixel art, chiptunes, that kinda thing. ( I can't program worth shit, though.) Anyways, I'm not really looking for a one-off project. I want to get together a group of people, probably made up of losers like myself, and try and make something not entirely awful. Let's make a goddamn development team.

You should pick on aspect of game development and really work hard at improving your skills at it. Whether it be art (which can be broken down to characters and backgrounds) or programming (which I know you said you didn't do well with) or sound design or music. Pick one and try to become really good at it That way you can successfully contribute to your team. You may be able to find others just like you and form a team but it is not as likely unless you physically know them. You may find more skilled people than you online willing to let you be part of the group but if you don't have much skill in anything you would probably get a really small cut of whatever revenue the game makes. This is all just my opinion of course :)