00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hatred, another controversial game

3,556 Views | 51 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So this game has been getting a load of controversy apparently, let's see what NG thinks of it.
Trailer.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-18 16:29:55

At 10/18/14 03:58 PM, darkjam wrote: So this game has been getting a load of controversy apparently, let's see what NG thinks of it.
Trailer.

Well, a game where, apparently, the only objective is to kill everyone regardless, is bound to make some people a bit upset.

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-18 16:55:42

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/4725000/ngbbs42436e59f35ef.jpg
LOL

btw I was the first person to comment on the video! I also saw it late on OCT 15 before I crashed out and it only had a thousand hits. Now it's about to pass a million. Back a decade ago, those hits would be extremely viral. Nowadays, a million aint a big deal.

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-18 17:50:07

That was the edgiest thing I've ever seen. I totally want to play it.

At 10/18/14 04:55 PM, SCTE3 wrote: People always whine over these games despite no one forcing them to play them or watch people play them.

To be fair none of those listed give you the objective of murdering innocent, unarmed civilians just for the sake of it. Even GTA just gives you the ability to kill pedestrians without ever actually giving you the command to do it and instead focusing on villains and armed enemies.

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-18 18:05:15

oh look, another game trying to make money off shock and controversy. yawn. I'll be damned surprised if someone can beat this games edge level.

Why So Serious?

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-18 18:07:57

I hope it's totally straight-faced. Actually playing up how absurd it is for the sake of comedy wouldn't be nearly as funny as someone making this with the intention it being deadly serious.

Edginess is always good for a laugh.

Hatred, another controversial game

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-18 18:33:13

If it were a flash game I'm sure it would do well on NG. In fact I am pretty sure I've played similar here when I was 14.

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-18 20:11:43

holy shit the edge and now I want to play it.

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-18 22:10:52

At 10/18/14 08:23 PM, FurryGod wrote: Well I thought I'd never see a full black and white 3D game.

It's the only one, or were there others before?

Mad world.

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-18 22:46:03

Postal anybody ?

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 00:00:54

Controversy aside, the game looks really boring to me.

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 01:33:07

I will give it a try.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 01:53:45

That game looks f***ing awesome.

Having live non-zombie people begging for their lives as I end them brutally....

I'm drooling right now. Seriously.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 02:42:37

At 10/18/14 06:05 PM, runerun wrote: oh look, another game trying to make money off shock and controversy. yawn. I'll be damned surprised if someone can beat this games edge level.

Check out my doom wad!

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 06:42:00

I would probably be more interested in it if the only objective wasn't to kill random people with no real goal. Games like that kinda' bother me, but that's my personal view on it.

Of course, it also looks like it's trying to hard. As a result, it just ends up appearing uninteresting. Overall, the game just looks really ugly and boring.

--The Worst Foe Lies Within the Self--

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 08:56:37

At 10/18/14 10:20 PM, FurryGod wrote:
At 10/18/14 10:10 PM, argile wrote:
At 10/18/14 08:23 PM, FurryGod wrote: Well I thought I'd never see a full black and white 3D game.

It's the only one, or were there others before?
Mad world.
Oh alright, I don't keep up with the new games.

I don't keep up with the news for games going under development it just seems like a chore ,So I just wait for the reviews.

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 09:11:13

At 10/19/14 02:42 AM, MrApophis wrote:
At 10/18/14 06:05 PM, runerun wrote: oh look, another game trying to make money off shock and controversy. yawn. I'll be damned surprised if someone can beat this games edge level.
Check out my doom wad!

can you link to where I can download this wad?

Why So Serious?

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 09:28:03

I've never been a reactionary kind of guy, but man... that was a bit too much.

Play my epic RPG - The Awakening - and your life will change forever!

... but I'm legally obligated not to say that.

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 10:20:24

Seeing as I'm not a socially maladjusted 13 year-old this game looks boring and embarrassing.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 11:09:15

If it weren't for the fact that it's so blindingly nihilistic, then it would be just another shooter game that you can gun down innocent civilians in cold blood. Of course, I expect the usual heaping of controversy to follow from the gelatinous creatures of the liberal media, they just don't know when to give up. (Yes, I'm lumping in Fox News as well, but they are irrelevant)

In other words, can't wait to play it.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 11:33:29

At 10/19/14 06:42 AM, TheGreatCatherine wrote: I would probably be more interested in it if the only objective wasn't to kill random people with no real goal. Games like that kinda' bother me, but that's my personal view on it.

So kinda like GTA after you get bored of doing missions and just wanna roam around and do random shit?

but even then it's not an objective to kill civilians....

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 12:41:56

Well that's astoundingly uninspired. Not even shocking in this day and age; more amoral things have been made by more talented people. Blatantly deliberate controversy aside, it doesn't seem particularly well-made or fun. Can't imagine it wouldn't get old after a few minutes.

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 13:23:24

An excellent game.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 13:49:43

This is basically a humorless version of Postal. Jack Thompson is going to have a field day.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 15:43:14

I'm not going to lie, I want that game, seriously.

It reminds me of a mod for L4D2 I love called Anti-Riot mod where instead of survivors killing zombies you play as a bunch of riot police beating down civilians. <3

Ecchi first, ask questions never.

BBS Signature

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 16:36:05

I am not afraid to try new controversial games.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 18:17:01

I can see why this sparked controversy. The protagonist's motives parallel that of actual mass shooters, and that's bound to turn some heads.

That said, this looks like a really shitty game. Let's list all of the tropes here...
[x] Running around shooting people in the most generic way possible
[x] Deep-voiced main character
[x] Generic badass character with generic badass dialogue
[x] Generic macabre/emo plotline, themes, imagery, etc.

I mean sure, the concept has a nugget of style, but if the protagonist were real don't tell me that he didn't spend the majority of his teenage years on Newgrounds and Tumblr.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 19:23:00

This game was made to get a reaction, and it will it cause and uproar. I wouldn't care if this were any other time, but GamerGate being a perpetual cloud over this medium now, this is the worst possible time for this game to be announced.

The actual game just looks disgusting. MadWorld used black and white because it juxtaposed the silly nature of the game's violence, which was meant to be over the top. This game wants you to hate it, the protagonist, and yourself for playing it. And it just look boring. It looks like inFamous, but the premise was made by an angsty teenager.

At 10/19/14 07:23 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: It looks like inFamous, but the premise was made by an angsty teenager.

How exactly does this look like inFamous? I don't see it.

BBS Signature

Response to Hatred, another controversial game 2014-10-19 22:13:08

lol that intro is 2edgey4me. This game better have deeper gameplay than the trailer shows because spending most of your time easily killing non-aggressive AI would get boring quickly. The gameplay doesn't interest me too much because it doesn't really look like anything new. Still I'll be following this project in case some special snowflakes try censoring it.