00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Speedo supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Using Blu Ray discs on new laptop?

561 Views | 3 Replies

I plan on getting a gaming laptop in the near future. It is supposed to have mind blowing specs. One of the features I am happy about is that it comes with a Blu-Ray drive. I do have some concerns about it because I hear that the new blu ray discs come with some type of copy protection that prevents playback on most bluray programs. The laptop i am getting comes with cyberlink media suite. In theory, my blu ray disc should work on this laptop I am about to get, but i hear alot of complaints otherwise about blu ray discs in general.

This is my first time owning a blu ray disc. I stick to mostly digital content, so am i missing something? When did the concept of being able to use content that you own become so foreign?

http://xat.com/thetoc2_hangout promoting guitar hero world tour, save up to 20% when you pre-order here

BBS Signature

Response to Using Blu Ray discs on new laptop? 2014-10-17 16:43:49

Why would you waste money on a gaming laptop when you could spend a lot less and get something a lot better if you build a desktop?

BBS Signature

Response to Using Blu Ray discs on new laptop? 2014-10-17 16:57:02

At 10/17/14 04:43 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote: Why would you waste money on a gaming laptop when you could spend a lot less and get something a lot better if you build a desktop?

This.

But to answer your question, there are always ways around copy protection. There are special program which will play copy-protected discs.

Response to Using Blu Ray discs on new laptop? 2014-10-18 00:40:06

After reading some reviews about the PC BR readers, I noticed a weird thing... it takes a program to actually be able to read the disk. If you bought a BR player, and it didn't come with complex drivers or a program/app, it's not going to read shit. There's supposedly free programs out there that can decipher the new format.

But IDK, it's like when CD and DVD players came out - took a damn long while for the computer hardware to get standardized, as a standalone from console players/recorders. And that's probably due to people not wanting their shit copied/pirated straight off the bat |: Also probably due to motherboard makers and OS programmers compromising on the final PC standard.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature