00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Favorite Horror Movies

1,965 Views | 37 Replies

Response to Favorite Horror Movies 2014-10-05 23:13:40

At 10/5/14 10:17 PM, NGPulp wrote: It is such a colorful and brilliant movie. Has a charm to it.

Oh definitely. It's one of those movies where the acting seems kinda iffy at first but after you watch it enough you honestly love that part of it. And it's like that on purpose too. And they nail it.

The musical numbers are pretty good, too.

And for this too. It has some of my favorite musical related parts of any movie I've seen as well. Especially Hot Patootie and Rose Tint My World an Science Fiction/Double Feature. I've watched that movie so much I could remember every song word for word and recite entire scenes from memory.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Horror Movies 2014-10-05 23:30:35

At 10/5/14 11:13 PM, Viper wrote:
At 10/5/14 10:17 PM, NGPulp wrote: It is such a colorful and brilliant movie. Has a charm to it.
Oh definitely. It's one of those movies where the acting seems kinda iffy at first but after you watch it enough you honestly love that part of it. And it's like that on purpose too. And they nail it.

Oh yeah. They try to parody the B-Movie with all its cheesy writing and acting with so much accuracy.
I love that part of the movie. Has some catchy lines, charming characters. Memorable dialogue.

The musical numbers are pretty good, too.
And for this too. It has some of my favorite musical related parts of any movie I've seen as well. Especially Hot Patootie and Rose Tint My World an Science Fiction/Double Feature. I've watched that movie so much I could remember every song word for word and recite entire scenes from memory.

Have you ever been to one of the Midnight Showings?
People just reenact the movie in front of the screen, costumes and all, props, even. They throw shit at the screen, they scream out some responses to the dialogue during the pauses, from what I've heard, it's crazy fun.

Shit's still going on in some parts.
It's become a decades-old tradition.

Response to Favorite Horror Movies 2014-10-05 23:38:17

At 10/5/14 11:30 PM, NGPulp wrote: Oh yeah. They try to parody the B-Movie with all its cheesy writing and acting with so much accuracy.
I love that part of the movie. Has some catchy lines, charming characters. Memorable dialogue.

It sucks that they were only able to capture that so well with RHPS though. Shock Treatment wasn't half as good and theres an astronomically high chance Revenge Of The Old Queen (planned prequel) is never going to be made.

People just reenact the movie in front of the screen, costumes and all, props, even. They throw shit at the screen, they scream out some responses to the dialogue during the pauses, from what I've heard, it's crazy fun.

Shit's still going on in some parts.
It's become a decades-old tradition.

No I haven't. They have em nearish to where I live though (like up in Chicago) but I haven't gone to one. My sister and halfbrother went because he was going to be leaving the state for an undetermined amount of time and he'd been wanting to go for the longest time. My sister has a Rocky Horror Picture Show poster in her room and she put stuff that she got from the Midnight Showing in the frame with it. Pretty neat looking.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Horror Movies 2014-10-05 23:50:02 (edited 2014-10-05 23:51:58)

At 10/5/14 11:38 PM, Viper wrote:
At 10/5/14 11:30 PM, NGPulp wrote: Oh yeah. They try to parody the B-Movie with all its cheesy writing and acting with so much accuracy.
It sucks that they were only able to capture that so well with RHPS though. Shock Treatment wasn't half as good and there's an astronomically high chance Revenge Of The Old Queen (planned prequel) is never going to be made.

I thought Revenge of the Old Queen was a sequel, not a prequel.
I found one of the alleged scripts online-- gave it a read. It looked pretty good. Sorta fell apart during the end but it was a draft, after all. Could be a fake-- a well written fake.

Shock Treatment just needed another re-write, and the fact that it was confined to mostly a studio for its entire duration was due to the writer strikes going on at the time.

No I haven't. They have em nearish to where I live though (like up in Chicago) but I haven't gone to one. My sister and halfbrother went because he was going to be leaving the state for an undetermined amount of time and he'd been wanting to go for the longest time. My sister has a Rocky Horror Picture Show poster in her room and she put stuff that she got from the Midnight Showing in the frame with it. Pretty neat looking.

Cool.

So it's a family thing; the Rocky Horror Picture Show, for you folks.
Ain't that swell?

Response to Favorite Horror Movies 2014-10-05 23:58:20

At 10/5/14 11:50 PM, NGPulp wrote: I thought Revenge of the Old Queen was a sequel, not a prequel.

Nah. Shock Treatment was the sequel. Revenge Of The Old Queen takes place before RHPS.

I found one of the alleged scripts online-- gave it a read. It looked pretty good. Sorta fell apart during the end but it was a draft, after all. Could be a fake-- a well written fake.

Well apparently bootlegs of the script ARE available online. But you never know which is real and which is fake. The only one who knows for 100% certainty is Richard O'Brien (dude who wrote all 3).

Shock Treatment just needed another re-write, and the fact that it was confined to mostly a studio for its entire duration was due to the writer strikes going on at the time.

Yeah....I honestly wouldn't mind if they tried remaking it to see how it'd turn out. But I have a feeling that'd probably never happen. Mostly due to the fact that it's either going to be really good or really bad. And theres really no in between because the super super hardcore fans would be the hardest to please when it comes to something like that.

So it's a family thing; the Rocky Horror Picture Show, for you folks.
Ain't that swell?

Yep it is. And my siblings and I watched it all the time when we were kids.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Horror Movies 2014-10-06 00:31:28

At 10/5/14 11:58 PM, Viper wrote: Yep it is. And my siblings and I watched it all the time when we were kids.

Well, that's cool.
The androgyny and sex didn't bother any of you at all?

Response to Favorite Horror Movies 2014-10-06 06:45:30

At 10/6/14 12:31 AM, NGPulp wrote: Well, that's cool.
The androgyny and sex didn't bother any of you at all?

Nope. Why would it? I don't have problems with that kind of stuff.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Favorite Horror Movies 2014-10-06 08:27:33

I seen almost all "Sawn" series. I don't usually watch horror movies, but I'm going to watch this one

I was watching a trailer, and this movie really looks creepy.

And please remind Me. When is Halloween ?

huh