00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Animation programs for thesis

531 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Animation programs for thesis 2014-09-25 11:45:28

Hello, I'm new in this forum , and new in the animation industry. My only experience with animation is making a really small one with flash. Right now, I'm graduating from my computer science university and I have to do my thesis and I chose computer animation. My professor needs me to find some programs to begin with. SO my question is what programs would you advice me to choose ? I need something professional but not only for experts.
Thanks in advance

Response to Animation programs for thesis 2014-09-25 20:24:02

I would say Adobe Flash, buuut idk

WELCOME TO THE FANTASY ZONE

Response to Animation programs for thesis 2014-09-26 00:54:27

At 9/25/14 11:45 AM, dafnimargaret wrote: Hello, I'm new in this forum , and new in the animation industry. My only experience with animation is making a really small one with flash. Right now, I'm graduating from my computer science university and I have to do my thesis and I chose computer animation. My professor needs me to find some programs to begin with. SO my question is what programs would you advice me to choose ? I need something professional but not only for experts.
Thanks in advance

Adobe Flash and Toon Boom are the only ones I'm aware of but I know there are a few more out there. You should create another thread post but title it something like "types of animation programs". That might help you get more people telling you what else is out there.

Response to Animation programs for thesis 2014-09-26 12:20:07

And what do you think I should ask in the new thread? the same thing or change a bit my question? thanks ;)

Response to Animation programs for thesis 2014-09-26 15:55:39

Toon Boom or TVpaint.

Response to Animation programs for thesis 2014-09-26 20:46:16

At 9/26/14 12:20 PM, dafnimargaret wrote: And what do you think I should ask in the new thread? the same thing or change a bit my question? thanks ;)

Oh you could just copy and past your original post into a new thread but give it a better title Something like names of different animation programs.

Response to Animation programs for thesis 2014-09-28 14:09:31

At 9/25/14 11:45 AM, dafnimargaret wrote: Hello, I'm new in this forum , and new in the animation industry. My only experience with animation is making a really small one with flash. Right now, I'm graduating from my computer science university and I have to do my thesis and I chose computer animation. My professor needs me to find some programs to begin with. SO my question is what programs would you advice me to choose ? I need something professional but not only for experts.
Thanks in advance

Autodesk Maya or 3DS Max are great for 3D animation, but you would be better off starting with flash and 2d animation. I hear toonboom is terrible. don't bother with it. go flash.

There was also a stick figure animating program that we used in high school. If you are only animating for the sake of research, I'd say look for something cheap or free like that.

Response to Animation programs for thesis 2014-09-28 16:47:31

Autodesk Maya or 3DS Max are great for 3D animation, but you would be better off starting with flash and 2d animation. I hear toonboom is terrible. don't bother with it. go flash.

There was also a stick figure animating program that we used in high school. If you are only animating for the sake of research, I'd say look for something cheap or free like that.

Yes, I was thinking about starting with 2d , but my professor wants something professional not just for research so I'm thinking about beginning with flash and toon boom .

Response to Animation programs for thesis 2014-09-28 19:07:16

raster frame by frame: TVPaint or Photoshop
vector frame by frame: Toonboom or Flash
rigged/puppet animation: After Effects, Toonboom, or Flash
effects and compositing: After Effects
3D: Maya or Blender

Response to Animation programs for thesis 2014-09-29 07:22:33

At 9/28/14 07:07 PM, dylan wrote: raster frame by frame: TVPaint or Photoshop
vector frame by frame: Toonboom or Flash
rigged/puppet animation: After Effects, Toonboom, or Flash
effects and compositing: After Effects
3D: Maya or Blender

Thanks!! that's a really helpful reply ;)