00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anyone want an apprentice?

695 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Anyone want an apprentice? 2014-09-21 06:31:10

This is an absolutely ridiculous request but I don't have the money or the grades for an art Uni, and I wanted to toss this flimsy-ass net out to see if any would be interested in teaching someone the ins and outs of digital art.

Not sure how we'd do this, perhaps just adding each other as friends on skype and discussing art-related stuff?
I apologize if this lacks any interest, I'm just trying to better myself in something I'd like to do professionally.

Response to Anyone want an apprentice? 2014-09-21 07:24:25

At 9/21/14 06:31 AM, VoodooMooncakes wrote: This is an absolutely ridiculous request but I don't have the money or the grades for an art Uni, and I wanted to toss this flimsy-ass net out to see if any would be interested in teaching someone the ins and outs of digital art.

Not sure how we'd do this, perhaps just adding each other as friends on skype and discussing art-related stuff?
I apologize if this lacks any interest, I'm just trying to better myself in something I'd like to do professionally.

Well if you can't find anyone who can dedicate a lot of his time to teach you, you can alternatively just create a personal showcase thread here with an appropriate name and users in this forum will most likely help you out. Post doodles and works in progress so things can be adjusted in time, if you post finished art, you can only use the advice you get for next time. Ask for specific advice so people know what you are trying to do and most importantly don't take critique personal. Everyone could just compliment you and move on, but those who point out your mistakes will help you to improve your art.

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone want an apprentice? 2014-09-21 07:47:58

I'm (sorta) in the same boat, and I've found there's plenty of lessons to be learned for free on the internet! If lessons, workshops and homework is what you want, I could give you a list of exercises I've started doing daily to improve my own fundamentals. I'd absolutely recommend make an art thread and upload your own illustrations and daily exercises. That way we can give you more specific guidance! I'd make sure to check up on you!

I don't feel nearly strong enough on any aspect of drawing to start mentoring any time soon, so all I can do is share what I've found are effective ways of practice.

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone want an apprentice? 2014-09-21 09:25:31

Nowhere near professional level myself but I have no problem helping people understand what I've learned so far (anatomy and poses). If those are things you'd need help with I'm welcome to guide you with evening lessons.

Response to Anyone want an apprentice? 2014-09-21 10:18:46

At 9/21/14 06:31 AM, VoodooMooncakes wrote: This is an absolutely ridiculous request but I don't have the money or the grades for an art Uni, and I wanted to toss this flimsy-ass net out to see if any would be interested in teaching someone the ins and outs of digital art.

And if you still want to chat up art related stuff, you can try visiting this chatroom (it's usually dead empty inside but when it's not, you can ask away art related stuff in no time-ish)

BBS Signature

Response to Anyone want an apprentice? 2014-09-21 17:52:07

At 9/21/14 10:18 AM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:

And if you still want to chat up art related stuff, you can try visiting this chatroom (it's usually dead empty inside but when it's not, you can ask away art related stuff in no time-ish)

The problem is I have tried all of these things people are suggesting and none of them work, I feel like a proper authority figure looming around would help me be more productive.

I dunno, I'm strange as hell, but I feel like an apprenticeship-ish deal would help loads more than anything else.