00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dornedas just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Books On Flash Cs5 And Actionscript

319 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What's a good book on Flash CS5?

I want one for animation and other stuff, and one for ActionScript....(mostly 2.0, since am used to that, but willing to get a bood book on AS 3.0 as well)

Response to Books On Flash Cs5 And Actionscript 2014-09-16 22:40:11

At 9/16/14 10:00 PM, Sneakers wrote: What's a good book on Flash CS5?

Honestly I think just screwing around with is the best way to get the basics down. the non-programming stuff that is.

I want one for animation and other stuff, and one for ActionScript....(mostly 2.0, since am used to that, but willing to get a bood book on AS 3.0 as well)

AS2 is long dead, Adobe is no longer supporting it and AS3 has been around for about 6 years now. You can't use AS2 in the latest version of Flash and there's no guarantee that you won't wake up tomorrow and AS2 will no longer work online.
I highly suggest this AS3 book.

No problem.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to Books On Flash Cs5 And Actionscript 2014-09-16 22:43:56

At 9/16/14 10:40 PM, MintPaw wrote:
Honestly I think just screwing around with is the best way to get the basics down. the non-programming stuff that is.

Ok, kinda been doing that with the tweening, just trying things out and other stuff.

AS2 is long dead, Adobe is no longer supporting it and AS3 has been around for about 6 years now. You can't use AS2 in the latest version of Flash and there's no guarantee that you won't wake up tomorrow and AS2 will no longer work online.

That's a shame...was just trying to get used to it.

Ok, will give it a gander...is it easy to follow and understand? Thanks for the heads up.

Response to Books On Flash Cs5 And Actionscript 2014-09-16 22:57:38

At 9/16/14 10:43 PM, Sneakers wrote:
At 9/16/14 10:40 PM, MintPaw wrote:
Ok, kinda been doing that with the tweening, just trying things out and other stuff.

Yeah, may want to ask this part in the animation forum, we're mostly programmers here.

That's a shame...was just trying to get used to it.

Trust me, it's a terrible language. You would never want to get used to it.

Ok, will give it a gander...is it easy to follow and understand? Thanks for the heads up.

It depends what you mean, it's about as easy to follow as a chemistry book if that makes sense to you. AS3 is likely quite different then how you learned AS2. Programming's a beast, it's a huge topic with lots to it. I'd suggest sticking to what you know/care about. If you're into art and animation then stick with it, there's a healthy chunk of independent programmers looking for talented animators to work with.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature