00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anger and Forgiveness...

548 Views | 9 Replies

Anger and Forgiveness... 2014-09-10 19:09:16

Is it really a good idea to contain your anger and keep all your unsorted feelings in? Or is it better to just let it all out?

How do you release your pent-up frustration and anger? Is it easy or difficult for you?

Have you ever been mad at yourself? If so, for what?

Would you stay mad at someone if they wronged you in the past? If so, for how long? If not, would you forgive them?

Is there any truth to the phrase, "forgive and forget?"

Would you forgive someone if they had done something horribly wrong, no matter how bad?

Would you forgive yourself if you had done something just as bad?

Is there a limit to just how far forgiveness can go?

Response to Anger and Forgiveness... 2014-09-10 19:11:49

At 9/10/14 07:09 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Is it really a good idea to contain your anger and keep all your unsorted feelings in? Or is it better to just let it all out?

How do you release your pent-up frustration and anger? Is it easy or difficult for you?

Would you stay mad at someone if they wronged you in the past? If so, for how long? If not, would you forgive them?

Would you forgive someone if they had done something horribly wrong, no matter how bad?

Im usually try to be a passive person so I'm good thanks, other than that if I was to go back in time and find my past self i'd punch him in the face for being a shit head

BBS Signature

Response to Anger and Forgiveness... 2014-09-10 19:16:08

At 9/10/14 07:09 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: How do you release your pent-up frustration and anger? Is it easy or difficult for you?

I never do. It's contained within me at all times. Years of anger locked away, never to be released.

I never forgive. If you wrong me, I want nothing to do with you.

Yes

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Anger and Forgiveness... 2014-09-10 19:29:44

At 9/10/14 07:09 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Is it really a good idea to contain your anger and keep all your unsorted feelings in? Or is it better to just let it all out?

Sometimes it's good to exercise some restraint depending on the circumstance, but it's generally never a good idea to bottle up your anger for long periods of time.

I talk to people.

Of course! I used to be very critical of myself, which is both a blessing and a curse. It's helped me work harder for my goals and avoid failure. However, when I did fail at something, it would be a huge blow to my ego and I would sometimes even ruin my whole day. I've gotten tons better at that, though.

I would try to find it in my heart to forgive that person for any wrongdoing they've made against me.

Forgiveness has nothing to do with forgetting the act.

Yes.

I would try.

Unless people somehow manage to become so enamored with forgiveness that it would affect our justice system, I'm fairly sure forgiveness is one of the most positive things in the world.

BBS Signature

Response to Anger and Forgiveness... 2014-09-10 19:30:17

Obviously better to let your feelings out, long as it's in a safe manner

Gooood, question. Punching bags are nice.

Procrastinating

Depends on how I was wronged

Some truth, sure, I guess. Once again, it depends.

Uh...if it's bad enough, I probably won't forgive.

I don't...even know.

Probably?

Response to Anger and Forgiveness... 2014-09-10 19:43:33

At 9/10/14 07:19 PM, WahyahRanger wrote:
At 9/10/14 07:09 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
Yes. Did you read my thread and made your own or something?

What thread? If you made a thread like this then I can't find it in the search bar when I look up "anger" and "forgiveness".

Response to Anger and Forgiveness... 2014-09-10 20:50:01

I don't really do either. I ignore people that bother me or act hostile to them if they get in my face. Do it long enough and the people you dislike are bound to leave you alone.

I don't. I just hole myself in my room and listen to music/play a game.

I've been frustrated but it's very, very difficult for someone to make me truly angry. I don't think I've ever really been angry at myself. I get frustrated when I do something stupid though.

I don't think emotions are really a choice. If they were, sexual orientation would most likely be a choice as well. There are plenty of grudges I shouldn't hold that I do, as well as people I shouldn't forgive that I do anyway. Though, if you genuinely gain something emotionally/financially out of interacting with someone you might as well forgive them, it's in your best interest.

That sentence implies choice, so it's a moot point.

Depends on the person.

Since I'm stuck living with myself, yes. I would eventually find a justification for it, downplay its significance, or find another way to cope.

Hell if I know. Forgiveness is a very limbic thing.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Anger and Forgiveness... 2014-09-11 06:02:16

That's the difference between an explosive anger personality type and an implosive anger personality type. It really depends on the personality.

If you're explosive, you have many tiny outbursts of anger, sometimes over matters that aren't that important like a game or a petty argument.

But if you're implosive, then you build it up inside...and that pressure builds and builds until one day you just snap and all of that pent up anger and aggression is unleashed on one large instance that pushed you over the edge.

Me personally I'm an implosive type. For the most part I'm cool and collected, but when I'm pushed over the edge, I'm a completely different person. It works for me because I know how to vent safely everyday, I know how to shake it off. It takes a lot to get under my skin, and that's a point of pride. I see that as a strength and advantage through stability.

Fap. Play video games. Play out imaginings of violence in my head or in artwork. Since I've been using that energy up in the gym, I haven't had a problem with stress at all compared to the past, so I would highly recommend exercise. Dragonball Z that shit and use all of that anger and insecurity and depression as a fuel, like you're shoveling coals of nastiness into a train engine that's making you stronger. It's only easy for me at this point because of practice, and I've made a methodical effort to surround myself with people that don't piss me off...I got good friends and a good family.

Ohh, and making my kitty happy relieves a heap of stress. His purrs and his company soothe my soul.

Idiotic decisions. Dangerous decisions. Mistakes and regret. Missed opportunities and more so in the years passed, wasted time.

Wow that really depends on the situation. I've made up with people who have done me wrong. Friends that became enemies that became friends again. People that I've met who I straight-up hated and eventually came to like them.

A decision to stay mad at someone without ever accepting the possibility of forgiveness would have to be something incredibly harsh. It just depends on what's important to you, and if that person vexed that. It needs context that only YOU could decide if that kind of treatment is justified.

You can to be polite and to be socially healthy you can forgive and ignore the wrong-doing...never bring it up again, kinda sweeping it under the rug...but you'll never forget. If it was serious, you'll never forget...and if it was petty and forgettable, than it must not have been important in the first place.

Depends on the context. Did they steal some candy or did they rape my sister? "No matter how bad" is ocean broad.

"You are your own worst critic."

I have difficulty forgiving myself for some of my mistakes that friends have assured aren't that big a deal...and those are the ones they know about.

Depends on the context. At some point, you might be lying to yourself and creating a fantasy world just so your scope of forgiveness can extend broad enough to envelope an evil that no one should forgive.

Love can do that.

...So what prompted this, OP?

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Anger and Forgiveness... 2014-09-15 13:54:12

If I kill yer mama, yer forgive meh? Good.

Response to Anger and Forgiveness... 2014-09-15 13:59:13

Forgive begrudgingly but never Forget ,never can tell if it can happen again in the future.