00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErziEngel just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fire is relaxing.

536 Views | 13 Replies

Fire is relaxing. 2014-09-08 10:43:42

Recently, I've found a new hobby of mine-- lighting things on fire. The sight of fire and things burning makes me feel good. Burning things relieve a bit of stress, sorta-- for me.

I'm not running around trying to burn everything in my house, though.

I do it rarely and with a bit of caution. I only light up small things like old papers or cardboard. I like looking at how the paper or the cardboard has been turned into a fine ash after it has been burned by the fire. I find it interesting. Fire in general is interesting.

I guess me being all riled up by this fire must be some evolutionary thing left behind after we discovered how to cook stuff with it.

So, do you guys find fire relaxing?

Response to Fire is relaxing. 2014-09-08 10:53:46

At 9/8/14 10:43 AM, NGPulp wrote: The sight of fire and things burning makes me feel good. Burning things relieve a bit of stress, sorta-- for me.

I believe this is the textbook definition of pyromania.

BBS Signature

Response to Fire is relaxing. 2014-09-08 10:57:07

At 9/8/14 10:53 AM, FinaLee wrote:
At 9/8/14 10:43 AM, NGPulp wrote: The sight of fire and things burning makes me feel good. Burning things relieve a bit of stress, sorta-- for me.
I believe this is the textbook definition of pyromania.

I guess I have mild pyromania, then.
Enough to burn papers but not enough to burn houses.

Response to Fire is relaxing. 2014-09-08 11:15:21

It is. It sure is.

Response to Fire is relaxing. 2014-09-08 11:16:46

At 9/8/14 10:57 AM, NGPulp wrote: I guess I have mild pyromania, then.
Enough to burn papers but not enough to burn houses.

Yeah sure pal. Everyone started that way, until the ended up being firefighter lieutenants going after themselves.

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Fire is relaxing. 2014-09-08 11:20:10

I once watched my uncle burn a log. The entire time I was thinking of tiny people who lived within the log running for their lives to escape the fire, but inevitably perishing in the flames.

So, I do find it relaxing, yes.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Fire is relaxing. 2014-09-08 11:22:18

At 9/8/14 11:20 AM, SmartyPants wrote: I once watched my uncle burn a log. The entire time I was thinking of tiny people who lived within the log running for their lives to escape the fire, but inevitably perishing in the flames.

So, I do find it relaxing, yes.

Oh my god, I read dog the first time I read this...

Bitte meine beliebte Nazi mods, keine bannerino, weil ich auch ein Nazi Scwein bin! Danke schön

BBS Signature

Response to Fire is relaxing. 2014-09-08 11:22:41

Lighting things on fire is only acceptable if you're drinking.

BBS Signature

Response to Fire is relaxing. 2014-09-10 06:14:35

One time, Sophomore and Junior year, buddies and I found the joy of lighting things on fire. Spray a spot of Lysol on our pants, light the patch on fire, laugh, and pat it to extinguishment. No big deal...

Thought it would make for a great myspace pic to spray up and down my leg, drenching it with Lysol and lighting both pant legs on fire. I remember looking at the camera, and feeling the heat. I remember seeing the tips of the flames rise to about eye-level peripheral vision...the heat now on my belly and chest. My legs hurt. I screamed at a higher pitch than I can recreate and flailed about...the picture was of a blurry leg kicking by with a profound flame trail...

When my friends stopped laughing, they decided it was time to extinguish me. Grabbing hold of some welcome mats that happened to be lying around the garage where we did it at the time, and slapping the shit out of my legs with it. The burn took some time to pass...but we were right back at it a few hours later in the backyard. A little more reserved...but we each took turns...

...my left leg has a bald pattern now...

...There's more to the story, but the point is, I got that shit out of my system when we had a near miss with pyro catastrophe.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Fire is relaxing. 2014-09-10 06:25:09

Fire is cool
A tree is slowly but steadily falling a part in my back yard so I enjoy many backyard fires alone

Response to Fire is relaxing. 2014-09-10 06:28:58

I do love me the crackle and warmth of a campfire though. There's gotta be something about that sound and smell that's ingrained into our genes or something.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Fire is relaxing. 2014-09-10 06:35:42

i could sit and watch a fire burn for hours.

BBS Signature

Response to Fire is relaxing. 2014-09-10 08:46:37

You Might Be A Pyromaniac If

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Fire is relaxing. 2014-09-10 10:01:10

I used to light matchsticks all the time and just stare at the flame.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature