00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit!

4,655 Views | 17 Replies

Madness: Project Nexus 2, in development by TheSwain and Krinkles, has now been Greenlit through Steam's Greenlight Program. And it only took NINE DAYS. Great job everyone, the amount of support the game is getting is spectacular. Took check out these results, Project Nexus 2's greenlight page.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=305775527

But we're not done yet. We've gotten the game to the biggest online game retailer, but the game still needs to be made!

The devs are currently running a Kickstarter campaign to receive the funds they need to make the game. They plan on working on the project full time and that means quitting their jobs and hunkering down. To eat, pay the rent, and make their women happy they need a modest budget for the game. These guys have been making free content for us for over 10 years, they have earned our thanks and our support in their dream. Pledge today and see this project through!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500655604/madness-project-nexus-2

It's also up to us (not them) to make sure this campaign is successful. Back if you can, but if not spread the word about it. Any exposure the Kickstarter gets is a potential backer that can make this project possible. If you want to learn how you can help directly visit the Official Project Nexus 2 Forums at the link below:

http://www.projectnexus2.com/Forum/index.php

Again thanks to the community for making this possible. And "Keep on Truckin'!"

BBS Signature

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-05 23:12:59

So what happens when it doesn't get funded?

BBS Signature

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-05 23:14:56

Hank's eventually gonna die anyway! The zombies will get him!

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-05 23:17:19

One of the truly beloved things in the NG community.. Please spread your legs... I mean wings.

Sexy Yes? I would think so :3

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-05 23:24:16

At 9/5/14 11:12 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: So what happens when it doesn't get funded?

If it doesn't get funded the devs will try and continue to work on it in their free time. But this will take 4 years possibly even longer to complete instead of 10 months. This also means that they won't be working on any other cotent (including work ont the Madness series) during that time. And that's if they decide if it's worth that much of their time, on top of their normal day jobs and other obligations. They desperately do not want this to happen and are relying on us to see that it doesn't.

At 9/5/14 11:14 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Hank's eventually gonna die anyway! The zombies will get him!

Actually we'll have to run this time. The Zed mode that their describing to have in the game is a truly crazy zombie survival experience, open world (manuevearing between dynamicly generated outdoor areas and building interioirs/rooms), scavenge for resources, manage your group of survivors, cobble together custom weapons from scraps you find, ammo conservation, multiple zombie types, bandits, and more! It's going to be the zombie game we always wanted, but in a way we didn't expect!

At 9/5/14 11:17 PM, badfurrykitty wrote: One of the truly beloved things in the NG community.. Please spread your legs... I mean wings.

Yes it is, and we have to show our support!

BBS Signature

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-05 23:43:02

Kewl.

halo u fuknuggt dei ein feire wy de fuk r u reding my qot nigr I fuk ur mom at nite

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-05 23:43:47

At 9/5/14 11:41 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Unlocking for now. If another mod decides to lock it then don't bother to remake this thread. Pretty sure though that this being on the front page is plenty advertising enough as it is. Don't need to see it advertised everywhere (ie. you making this thread and promoting it in a thread in the Video Game forum, let's keep it to one thread, thanks.)

Can do. Thanks for unlocking. Though on interest, if further development's arise that is news worthy, like reaching the initial funding goal. Can that be posted as a new thread?

BBS Signature

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-05 23:50:18

At 9/5/14 11:46 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Not really, pretty sure if it happens, Tom will personally make a new thread himself to let everyone know, along with Krinkels and The-Swain proudly displaying it everywhere they can (here, facebook, twitter, steam, etc etc)

Roger that.

BBS Signature

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-06 03:39:24

I sincerely doubt the game will reach the minimum funding. If only this game was announced years ago when madness was more relevant. Also, I think some would-be supporters were suspicious about around half going to "developer expenses"

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-06 11:29:41

At 9/6/14 03:39 AM, CiviLies wrote: I sincerely doubt the game will reach the minimum funding. If only this game was announced years ago when madness was more relevant. Also, I think some would-be supporters were suspicious about around half going to "developer expenses"

Most of the budget to the game always goes to developer expenses. It's usually know as a salary or paying an employee, but it all goes to them eat, sleeping, and paying rent while they work on the game full time. If they didn't pay themselves during this period the game development would take 4 years while they work on it in their free time, while they have day jobs.

Besides, for the total of $56,000 in funding, over a 10 month planned development time (could be more with developing any form of software) a little over $28,000 between 2-3 people isn't that much to live on. You're looking at about $930-1400 a month for them to work on a game. And believe me, that's not much to live on! Especially when you think of expenses like rent/mortgage, utilities, internet/phone, cars, food, video game addiction etc.

And these guys have been working on free games and flash content for nearly 10 years. Time for the community to give back a little.

At 9/6/14 10:24 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
2/5ths of the way there, they might be able to make it to the goal.

Yeah, things have been picking up with the banner. The days before were only averaging about $500 of funding each day. After the banner was added this jumped to over $1000 it was really great to see. Hopefully this trend continues to go up from here!

BBS Signature

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-06 11:59:39

When I first saw it, I thought it meant the actual game was out. Instead, it was not, but it's great to know it's on the way. This will be the most expensive thing we've ever worked on and I am certainly glad.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-06 16:50:49

At 9/6/14 11:29 AM, Methlodis wrote:
At 9/6/14 03:39 AM, CiviLies wrote: I sincerely doubt the game will reach the minimum funding. If only this game was announced years ago when madness was more relevant. Also, I think some would-be supporters were suspicious about around half going to "developer expenses"
Most of the budget to the game always goes to developer expenses. It's usually know as a salary or paying an employee, but it all goes to them eat, sleeping, and paying rent while they work on the game full time. If they didn't pay themselves during this period the game development would take 4 years while they work on it in their free time, while they have day jobs.

Besides, for the total of $56,000 in funding, over a 10 month planned development time (could be more with developing any form of software) a little over $28,000 between 2-3 people isn't that much to live on. You're looking at about $930-1400 a month for them to work on a game. And believe me, that's not much to live on! Especially when you think of expenses like rent/mortgage, utilities, internet/phone, cars, food, video game addiction etc.

And these guys have been working on free games and flash content for nearly 10 years. Time for the community to give back a little.

Yeah I don't have anything against that personally, but I figured that some people might be a bit more cynical and think that the funds will be abused. I don't think they will, personally, and think that more of it should have gone to help their living expenses.

At 9/6/14 10:24 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
2/5ths of the way there, they might be able to make it to the goal.
Yeah, things have been picking up with the banner. The days before were only averaging about $500 of funding each day. After the banner was added this jumped to over $1000 it was really great to see. Hopefully this trend continues to go up from here!

I really hope so. They made it halfway now so my hopes have been raised.

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-07 00:22:48

At 9/6/14 11:59 AM, Ericho wrote: When I first saw it, I thought it meant the actual game was out. Instead, it was not, but it's great to know it's on the way. This will be the most expensive thing we've ever worked on and I am certainly glad.

It certainly is. It also means that the Madness and Newgrounds' communities need to come in full force to support it. And I'm hoping we can get enough people aware of that to get the giant engine that is this community starting to chug.

If anyone wants to help out specifically in that intiative, they can find what to help out at the Official Project Nexus forums:

At 9/6/14 04:50 PM, CiviLies wrote: Yeah I don't have anything against that personally, but I figured that some people might be a bit more cynical and think that the funds will be abused. I don't think they will, personally, and think that more of it should have gone to help their living expenses.

Agreed. But it is a percentage based. So the more they make, and the more stretch goals we reach, the more they'll individually get to live on during production. If making sure there well fed is an incentive to give more, that's as good as any. And I hope they do get to live off more than noodles. They deserve at least that.

At 9/6/14 04:50 PM, CiviLies wrote: I really hope so. They made it halfway now so my hopes have been raised.

It's definitely going up. The last two days have given over $1,000. We're doing incredibly well compared to the last 4-5 days. We just need to keep it up. And make sure the trend of getting more each day continues if we're to actually even reach the initial stretch goal. The community needs to work hard to get that, we're the ones that will make it happen... or not.

At 9/6/14 07:29 PM, fieldertiger wrote: Hank would eventually be revived at the second when he gets killed by zombies. I know it's a game but eventually, The Higher Prowers (or Auditor) has insurance for him. I have no idea why.

That's true. But I'm pretty sure gaming's mythical respawn, and time bending check-point system will help him out during this game :P

BBS Signature

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-10 12:16:20

Just speculation... ;)

Now of an announcement!

------------------------------------------------------------

The team behind Madness: Project Nexus 2 needs your help! With current efforts being focused on bringing attention to the the Kickstarter, the developers are keen on bringing community involvement into the scheme! Anyone who is determined to see this project through, those who can’t stand for even the slightest chance of the Kickstarter failing, or even those who simply can’t financially help the Kickstarter. This is your chance!

On Thursday September 11, 2014, the community volunteers working in conjunction with the developers will start a letter writing campaign to the various gaming news site on the web. This will be done by sending messages through email, twitter, facebook, youtube, and any other method of communication we can contact them with.

We have compiled a list of sites we are targeting, with their various forms of contact information can be found within this thread on the Official Project Nexus 2 forums:

http://www.projectnexus2.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=196

You can send your own custom messages about the project, but must include one of the links below to send them to the Kickstarter page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500655604/madness-project-nexus-2

or

http://kck.st/1nrqbc2 - (for those of you that use twitter)

We also have prepared an assortment of premade messages on the Official Project Nexus Forums, which can be found here:

http://www.projectnexus2.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=196

The link includes all the information you’ll need to help and be apart of this campaign. Remember this campaign is both supported and driven by the community. If the Kickstarter doesn’t have your backing, whether that be financial or willingness to help out it will fail. We the community, are the only ones who can determine this, and we are the ones at fault if we let if fail. Good luck guys and happy posting.

For those of you who would like to get more involved, we are recruiting dedicated Madness fans to the Street Team of the Official Project Nexus 2 forums. We are members who are coordinating the fan efforts to help this project. If you wish to join visit:

Disclaimer: We don’t condone the use of continually spamming pages, harassing accounts, bumping threads, or breaking the rules/terms and conditions of other sites. Please keep the letter campaign healthy, and give it the proper respect it deserves. Cheers!

BBS Signature

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-11 16:48:00

With only 12 days left, we are just over half way there, but we can still do better, some people still haven't or cant donate, so help the cause by spreading the word through thunderclap!
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/16168-kickstart-project-nexus-2?locale=en

please help to promote the Kickstarter so we can get this game made!

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-14 20:27:42

I've only backed a handful of kickstarters, but this was one of them.

Not only because the game trailer looks awesome, but also because the Madness series is so inherently Newgrounds that any success the game has, Newgrounds will likely benefit as well. Hell, Newgrounds hosts Nexus 1, which will likely see an increase in traffic as players of the new game look to get the backstory.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-15 23:44:18

Doing incredibly well guys! Less than $10k away from the project being funded. Pretty exciting stuff.

If you haven't checked the Kickstarter there's also a few things popping up for backers, just check the updates section. Two competitions currently ongoing. One where backers submitted concepts for story characters, one of which will be voted on by their fellow backers and added to the game. The other is for Propaganda posters. Submissions will be taken until Sep. 20, where the devs will pick their favorite five and allow the backers to vote! These are great competitions and all winners' content will be added to the game!

To see the current contests that are running visit the link here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500655604/madness-project-nexus-2/posts

There has also been a cool development with the campaign. Those who pledge before midnight on Sep 16, will get a special in-game item set elusive for backers and will not be released in the future. Make sure you pledge within the limit!

And even if you can't financial help the campaign, there are always avenues for the community to contribute. Currently the devs are running a thunderclap (a system that releases a single message to all participating accounts in hopes of starting a viral trend), which can you can sign up through the following link:
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/16168-kickstart-project-nexus-2

You can also ask about other opportunities to help at the Official Project Nexus forums:

BBS Signature

Response to Madness: Project Nexus 2 -Greenlit! 2014-09-20 01:18:24

I'm sorry to say everyone the goal has not been reached. Seems a few fake accounts had been created and made fraudulent donations. Skewing the funding numbers and screwing over the campaign itself. The devs are currently trying to contact the Kickstarter team to get this resolved.

You can find the official post from them about this issue here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/500655604/madness-project-nexus-2/posts/991854

They still need $4,000 to properly fund the game. IT'S NOT OVER YET!

BBS Signature