00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orangebag4448 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games that you cant get into

2,813 Views | 26 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Games that you cant get into 2014-09-05 12:50:30

Have you played a game that you try to play, but you just cant enjoy it for some reason.

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-05 14:11:44

At 9/5/14 12:50 PM, omega88x wrote: Have you played a game that you try to play, but you just cant enjoy it for some reason.

Baldur's Gate, Diablo, old-school FPS games such as Doom or Duke Nukem (not a big fan of FPS titles anyway), Tetris, and others.

It all comes down to taste, and while I can see the appeal and the amazing game design from some of the titles and franchises listed above, they just aren't for me.

If you have a moment, check out some of my work:

[Music here on Newgrounds] [Soundcloud]

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-05 14:38:56

Diablo 3, all the new FPSes and newer console games.

It's like I'm hard wired for '90s and early to mid 2000s games.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-05 16:22:09

Borderlands. I thought an fps rpg would be right up my alley and I don't know if it was poor execution or just lack of interest that made me stop playing it.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-06 00:45:28

At 9/5/14 04:22 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Borderlands. I thought an fps rpg would be right up my alley and I don't know if it was poor execution or just lack of interest that made me stop playing it.

It's much better in Co-op if you are able to play it with anyone. I had trouble getting into it myself until I started to play Co-op mode.

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-06 01:15:32

I cannot get into The Elder Scrolls. I don't understand the hype around it. I just don't. I understand the appeal, but not to the heightened levels that it has gotten to.

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-06 04:40:09

Bioshock, that's the kind of game that really should appeal to me. But 1 and 2 I just can't get into.

I think it might be the setting, seeing as I loved Infinite and played through it a bunch, but the other two being all dark and underwater fighting splicers instead of other people with guns might have done it for me. I'd still love to be able to get into them though.

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-06 06:15:36

World of Warcraft, League of Legends.

2 of the most boring games I've ever played yet they're one of the most popular.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-06 07:41:55

Super Meat Boy.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-06 09:08:08

At 9/6/14 04:40 AM, Snuff wrote: Bioshock, that's the kind of game that really should appeal to me. But 1 and 2 I just can't get into.

I was the same. Took me a good few attempts before I actually sat down and finished the game. Does seem like the kind of thing that would appeal to me too but just wasn't enjoying it for the most past. Still have Bioshock 2 sitting on my shelf from when I bought it years ago and I don't even think that one has been put in my Xbox yet.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-06 09:44:36

At 9/6/14 09:08 AM, Dean wrote:
At 9/6/14 04:40 AM, Snuff wrote: Bioshock, that's the kind of game that really should appeal to me. But 1 and 2 I just can't get into.
I was the same. Took me a good few attempts before I actually sat down and finished the game. Does seem like the kind of thing that would appeal to me too but just wasn't enjoying it for the most past. Still have Bioshock 2 sitting on my shelf from when I bought it years ago and I don't even think that one has been put in my Xbox yet.

Bioshock 2 is like the other 2 Martix movies, a "been there, done that" feeling really.
For me though, I can't get into Grand Theft Auto 4. Try as hard as I can, I can't help but feeling ripped off, disappointed, bored out of my mind, and pretty annoyed at the lack of variety in the environment.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-06 09:57:21

At 9/6/14 09:44 AM, darkjam wrote: Bioshock 2 is like the other 2 Martix movies, a "been there, done that" feeling really.

Yea, doesn't sound like I'll be giving Bioshock 2 a shot any time soon then.

For me though, I can't get into Grand Theft Auto 4. Try as hard as I can, I can't help but feeling ripped off, disappointed, bored out of my mind, and pretty annoyed at the lack of variety in the environment.

I actually really liked GTA IV but in a lot of ways it felt like a step back. GTA V is what I expected from GTA IV. We went from having a "state" in San Andreas to one city with no surrounding area in GTA IV. Granted, it was a really detailed city and had a different vibe to the older GTA games but it just wasn't quite what I was expecting.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-06 12:14:41

At 9/5/14 04:22 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Borderlands. I thought an fps rpg would be right up my alley and I don't know if it was poor execution or just lack of interest that made me stop playing it.

I got into Borderlands at a bad time; when i was CRAVING Fallout 3 & nothing else could compare, Borderlands had the "Mad Max" vibe too but meh didn't vibe with it

LORD OF CHEESEBURGERS mobile coming soon, ya little yentas

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-06 13:52:48

Any pokemon game, I just can't get into it. I can get into RPG's but there's just something about pikomen that drives me away.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-06 14:50:24

MOBAs

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-07 06:02:07

Animal Crossing.The concept iskinda cool but the game itself bores me.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-08 03:09:08

Puzzle games, all of them. Honestly, that's the only genre of games I can't get into. I just get so bored with puzzles to the point where I have to play something else.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-08 03:35:17

Minecraft. I've tried numerous times due to my brother having it on his computer and having the PS3 version but I just can't get into it. It's just so fucking boring. Also can't get into the vast majority of fps games. Dunno why. I like Doom and Wolfenstein. But every other fps game just does nothing for me

At 9/7/14 06:02 AM, tanikozo1 wrote: Animal Crossing.The concept is kinda cool but the game itself bores me.

I can kinda understand this. Any fun in the game goes away for the most part when you're like mid-way through upgrading your house and I've only made it to the end of the first one one time and I've done a bunch of different games on it.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-08 19:47:24

alien hominid and castle crashers

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-08 21:12:24

This may sound shocking, but Halo is a game I was never able to get into. Haven't even got past the first hour of any of them.

Bioshock is another one that I just never finished.

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-08 23:42:02

Any RPG really. I hate the idea of grinding. If I had a lot more free time on my hands, I'd get a copy of Bravely Default and play for the dozens of hours it requires, but I find my lifestyle is just too busy to play any game for hugely long periods, and I have more fun playing games with lower and sooner entry walls.

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-09 00:20:39

I think it might be the setting, seeing as I loved Infinite and played through it a bunch, but the other two being all dark and underwater fighting splicers instead of other people with guns might have done it for me. I'd still love to be able to get into them though.

I've never played 1 or 2 but I cannot for the life of me enjoy Infinite. The shooting mechanics are too tired and I can't enjoy games that only have story going for them.

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-09 19:48:36

At 9/8/14 09:12 PM, WillS44 wrote: This may sound shocking, but Halo is a game I was never able to get into. Haven't even got past the first hour of any of them.

I tried out Halo , but I could not get into it either.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-10 04:52:32

At 9/9/14 08:56 PM, Monster-64 wrote: Halo is another, and also Goldeneye 64. I hate FPS games on the gamepad.

Don't like FPS games period. Only exceptions are Doom and Wolfenstein.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-10 06:37:07

At 9/9/14 09:34 PM, TheDukeofJuke wrote: I just bought Dark Souls for Steam. And I can't play it. Literally! I cannot play it. Windows Live for Games won't let me. Fucking bullshit.

man i feel ya, i ended up giving up and getting a ps3.
totally worth getting it to work imho, though, because it is a spectacular game

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-12 05:53:17

Any racing game iv'e ever tried. Although I somewhat enjoyed Forza Horizon for a bit.

Response to Games that you cant get into 2014-09-12 14:04:12

GTA 4

I always enjoyed GTA for it craziness and subtle portrayal and satire of the US culture, but the car controls where just too god awful.

I tried to adjust and deal with it, but I got tired of having a small sedan have the turning radius and weight of an aircraft carrier, even with little to no throttle.