00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Did I do something wrong?

693 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Did I do something wrong? 2014-09-02 05:45:07

Around three hours ago, I was scouted by someone. I accepted. I was so happy.
I could not just accept without saying "thank you" to that person. So I send them a pm thanking them.

Just a few minutes ago I found out I was UNSCOUTED! Did I do something wrong?

Is it wrong to thank someone for scouting you? I thought it would be the polite thing to do to show that I appreciate it!
I am confused. Please tell me where I went wrong...

Jei M

Response to Did I do something wrong? 2014-09-02 05:53:04

At 9/2/14 05:45 AM, jeim wrote: Around three hours ago, I was scouted by someone. I accepted. I was so happy.
I could not just accept without saying "thank you" to that person. So I send them a pm thanking them.

Just a few minutes ago I found out I was UNSCOUTED! Did I do something wrong?

Is it wrong to thank someone for scouting you? I thought it would be the polite thing to do to show that I appreciate it!
I am confused. Please tell me where I went wrong...

Firstly, there's nothing wrong with saying thanks.

But every so often people will offer to scout people when their work isn't quite ready for the art portal. In your case the pixelised sushi is nice, but the Sonic stuff looks like it belongs on Deviant Art.

Sorry that you're not quite in the art portal yet, but by the looks of it you'll eventually get rescouted since your artwork is definitely improving.

======
Who originally scouted you, by the way?

BBS Signature

Response to Did I do something wrong? 2014-09-02 06:11:19

At 9/2/14 05:53 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Firstly, there's nothing wrong with saying thanks.

But every so often people will offer to scout people when their work isn't quite ready for the art portal. In your case the pixelised sushi is nice, but the Sonic stuff looks like it belongs on Deviant Art.

Sorry that you're not quite in the art portal yet, but by the looks of it you'll eventually get rescouted since your artwork is definitely improving.

======
Who originally scouted you, by the way?

Oh! What a relief! Thank you for responding right away!

I do understand what you are saying. Making pixel food I feel is what I am best at right now, but I am trying to work on improving on my weaknesses too.

My Sonic work, I know that my quality needs more work, and I am working on that. But I am relieved to know that I am improving on my art skills.

I just hope that once I improve even more, I will not have to delete anything before I can be rescouted. The reason being is during that time I post my Sonic works, that was my best at that time I posted each one, and I want it to be shown how far I have come in my art skills. Does that make sense?

I have an art thread that I update whenever I can and will even be posting works that are in progress. Would you mind taking a look and giving me advice?

Shikamarana originally scouted me.

Jei M