00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why even buy WiiClassic games

655 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Why even buy WiiClassic games 2014-09-01 01:09:15

When the resolution on HD tv looks horrid. I actually have bought some of the SNES games and i even use a Component cable. And the resolution quality is beyond bad.

Guess what, i tried Homebrew Channel and downloaded a Snes emulator too it. And it looks friggin good :O
Like even without filter it looks much better than what i did by buying officially from Nintendo Store.

I am just saying.

Response to Why even buy WiiClassic games 2014-09-01 01:30:00

Because most people who play the wii console don't know what that is.

BBS Signature

Response to Why even buy WiiClassic games 2014-09-01 01:58:36

At 9/1/14 01:30 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote: Because most people who play the wii console don't know what that is.

They should. Its like its more rewarding to pirate games rather than buy it. But then again, it is free aswell :D

Response to Why even buy WiiClassic games 2014-09-01 01:59:10

Why play retro games on a new device anyways? Why not play them on the console they were meant to be played on? I could understand if the game is some ridiculous priced snes or nes cartridge that someone wants 500 or 1,000 dollars for but really? Emulation will never beat playing on the actual console the game was intended for in my personal opinion.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Why even buy WiiClassic games 2014-09-01 02:20:04

At 9/1/14 01:59 AM, TheKlown wrote: Why play retro games on a new device anyways? Why not play them on the console they were meant to be played on? I could understand if the game is some ridiculous priced snes or nes cartridge that someone wants 500 or 1,000 dollars for but really? Emulation will never beat playing on the actual console the game was intended for in my personal opinion.

It feels very ok. I mean you play on a tv with a controller. Its emulating on a console, and works smothly and fine. Well except the N64 emulator. But the other works nicely :)
SNES really great on that one. Just gotta invite some friends over and have a blast.

Response to Why even buy WiiClassic games 2014-09-01 03:03:32

If someone is on a budget, I guess emulation isn't bad. However I still prefer to play games on the consoles they were intended to be played on personally.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Why even buy WiiClassic games 2014-09-01 04:33:44

I'm surprised no one mentioned getting a CRT TV yet.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Why even buy WiiClassic games 2014-09-01 07:59:14

At 9/1/14 04:33 AM, Painbringer wrote: I'm surprised no one mentioned getting a CRT TV yet.

Well it looks ok on that one when you buy and download the wii games, because the resolution is lower on that one. But i expect it to scale out good with a HD tv. So in that sense the emulators does a much better job

Response to Why even buy WiiClassic games 2014-09-01 12:13:43

For those who didn't get to play it when it was first out that's why.

Response to Why even buy WiiClassic games 2014-09-02 09:47:23

I've always been fine withe the resolution of older games, and I'm against emulation, so the virtual console is the easiest way for me to play some older games. That being said, the Wii shop channel's catalogue is for some reason much bigger than that of the Wii U eshop. It's frustrating that Nintendo won't release many of the games that they already offer on the new shop, but at least you can always just download them from the Wii shop channel onto your Wii U.

Response to Why even buy WiiClassic games 2014-09-02 20:13:39

WiiClassic games are a way to show new players, older classic games. Not every person knows about emulation, or how to use one.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Why even buy WiiClassic games 2014-09-02 21:23:37

Virtual console prices are crazy, 8$ Canadian for Wild Guns (SNES) or Zelda (NES).

Has anyone tried PSX games on the Wii, I'm still waiting for an official classic pro controller to come in the mail.

I got two generic classic pro controllers and they work with many wii games, but not with homebrew.

Response to Why even buy WiiClassic games 2014-09-04 20:57:27

At 9/1/14 01:59 AM, TheKlown wrote: Why play retro games on a new device anyways? Why not play them on the console they were meant to be played on? I could understand if the game is some ridiculous priced snes or nes cartridge that someone wants 500 or 1,000 dollars for but really? Emulation will never beat playing on the actual console the game was intended for in my personal opinion.

For me it depends largely on the game console being emulated, and in many cases the game itself. For example, I have no problem with emulating most SNES and N64 games. The again though I also have a decent controller for my PC. Sometimes I even use an Xbox 360 controller with the emulators.

Steam username: Deutschgeck

BBS Signature