00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Idea | Art Portal Comic Book Submit

732 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I would like to suggest a feature for the future: The ability to organize multiple art submissions into a "book" of sorts by adding navigation buttons underneath, implemented in a way similar to many web comics. This could make it easier for artists to submit, and for people to look at, a series of submissions connected by a longer narrative.

I'm not so good at explaining things in a way others can understand, so I made a couple of mockups of how such a feature might be implemented:

Idea | Art Portal Comic Book Submit

Response to Idea | Art Portal Comic Book Submit 2014-08-28 02:53:08

While not exactly what you're wanting, you could create a playlist and add all the pages of the comic, and then you could link the playlist in the description of all the pages to point people in the direction of it.

Response to Idea | Art Portal Comic Book Submit 2014-09-15 10:28:04

Though the playlist does have the potential to serve this purpose, I'd be all for an easier interface for grouping images! And having albums on your Art page, rather than a collection of single images. That'd be pretty neat. Grouped by genre or custom folders.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Idea | Art Portal Comic Book Submit 2014-11-03 22:59:26

At 11/3/14 10:16 PM, SentForMe wrote: Hate to dig up an old thread like this, but I had to have my say.

This may be of interest to you: I once mentioned this in another thread, and Tom gave this response:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1376041#bbspost25259012_post_text

At 11/3/14 10:16 PM, SentForMe wrote: Webcomics are relatively light on the servers, since they require limited space to store. Interest in comics are trending up. Even so, webcomic makers find it notoriously hard to make a living, so I'm sure they would appreciate a website that gives them another outlet for their content.

Considering how just one (large) video file easily takes up more than a days worth of image material, images definitely seem like a content form to prioritize!

For those that do upload here they are restricted to one upload per day, which really puts a damper on enthusiasm and likely turns quite a few people away.

I thought the limit was 2 submissions per day for flash and audio, and more than that for art. I remember submitting a lot of old work last year in batches... if it's just one, that is a harsh limit for those with a lot of material, yet the portal would be easily flooded and abused if the limit was raised. If a gallery/folder could be submitted in place of a single submission though, that'd solve the problem! Or... the limit could be higher, but only the first/selected one/two would be showcased on other pages than the users profile for each specific day.

I think we can do better. I'd like us to do better. For those who would say that this website is a flash site or a movie and game site, would only say that this website has been many things in its time. The users at its inception would barely recognize the website we have today. There have been many changes to it over that time, some quite drastic.

As long as the old doesn't get purged in the process, I'm all for the new! Good post.

At 11/3/14 10:59 PM, yetanotherjohn wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1376041#bbspost25259012_post_text

Definitely answered some wonders!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature