00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ideas for a donation thermometer

389 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ideas for a donation thermometer 2014-08-21 11:47:28

I had an idea for a goal oriented donation thermometer, but I want to style it in the way of Mega Man X's health bar, and have one of the health pellets fill in for every $10 donated. I understand actionscript to a certain degree, but I can't for the life of me wrap my head around where I'm going to get the current donation value from.

Is there a way to have a flash animation check my Paypal balance? Or is there another feasible solution? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Time is priceless, waste it wisely...

Response to Ideas for a donation thermometer 2014-08-21 11:50:56

Here's a rough start, it's not gonna be easy if you're not used to RESTful apis.

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to Ideas for a donation thermometer 2014-08-21 12:27:34

At 8/21/14 11:50 AM, MintPaw wrote: Here's a rough start, it's not gonna be easy if you're not used to RESTful apis.

Yeah, when it comes to PHP, I have no understanding whatsoever. If there was a feasible example out there where I could plug my Paypal API credentials into it, then have actionscript pull the result of the GetBalance action and store in a variable, I can make the mathmatic statement to figure out the bar. I just don't understand how to cover those first two parts. My experience with actionscript is loading bars and play buttons, but even then I usually modified examples to make them. >.<

Time is priceless, waste it wisely...

Response to Ideas for a donation thermometer 2014-08-21 13:08:24

At 8/21/14 12:27 PM, MarcusRaven wrote:
At 8/21/14 11:50 AM, MintPaw wrote: Here's a rough start, it's not gonna be easy if you're not used to RESTful apis.
Yeah, when it comes to PHP, I have no understanding whatsoever.

But you are not building a PHP application, so that doesn't matter.
The servers could be programmed in PHP, but this doesn't matter either, because you just send a request to that server.
All requests follow a certain protocol.

It doesn't matter what programming language on the client side talks to which language on the server, as long as they follow the protocol.