00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I hate the modern web

1,754 Views | 20 Replies

I hate the modern web 2014-08-19 23:34:05

Websites have become so bloated with useless visuals, retardedly inefficient JavaScript, and other such gimmicks. Sadly the same bullshit has been happening with software too.

Steam username: Deutschgeck

BBS Signature

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-19 23:37:50

Then get off of it. Hypocrite.

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-19 23:39:54

Bye bye!

BBS Signature

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-19 23:41:34

Get outta here then, loser.

BBS Signature

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-20 00:29:17

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-20 00:44:20

15 second adds are a small price to pay to watch virtually anything ever made

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-20 01:01:26

I agree with OP...primarily html based websites with minimal usage of javascript seems to be a rare breed these days...

BBS Signature

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-20 01:28:39

At 8/19/14 11:54 PM, Voltage wrote: I think some sites are way too loaded with ads to make them useable. It's pretty aggravating.

>2014
>seeing ads

BBS Signature

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-20 01:41:44

At 8/20/14 01:41 AM, Xenomit wrote: Do you have slow internet or something? Because otherwise it's not a problem.

Oh and I'm never on any websites that sound anything like that, all I'm ever really on e621

Fixed bae

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-20 01:49:31

Lololololo you're on a website you're so lame.

BBS Signature

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-20 03:34:52

I don't think he's saying he hates the Internet or the World Wide Web. I think he's just saying he hates shit design and that too many websites rely on shit design.

Well that's actually true and has been true since, like, ever, but indeed has gotten worse.

I wonder if Facebook went down for a day how many websites that'd break too lolololol.
But yeah bad website design has been a common complaint since even the very early days of the WWW.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-20 03:35:41

At 8/19/14 11:34 PM, TeslaShockwave wrote: Websites have become so bloated with useless visuals, retardedly inefficient JavaScript, and other such gimmicks. Sadly the same bullshit has been happening with software too.

The "Modern Web, Hates you".

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-20 08:57:56

Shit web design that relies on gimmicks and shit.

Also, let's not forget the popular websites that used to be pretty good are starting to get heavily commercialized, which is understandable since Popularity = Sell-able.

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-20 09:38:05

Get adblock.

But yeah, you're right. Sites are getting laggy as shit because of all the java scripts. Even facebook works slowly. Or maybe I need a new laptop.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-20 09:50:05

The only thing i kinda dont like is facebook. Its kinda encouraging anti social behavior.

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-20 16:00:17

At 8/19/14 11:34 PM, TeslaShockwave wrote: stuff

Yeah, in a sense I miss 2003 too. But wathever.

-

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-20 21:13:33

At 8/20/14 12:29 AM, Painbringer wrote: Uninstall Flash.

2. Turn off javascript
3. AdBlock

and you'll have the solution that has existed for a decade now

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-20 21:23:55

lrn 2 interweb

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-22 18:48:20

At 8/22/14 04:16 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: I know!

Remember how awesome it was when we had dial-up? How you couldn't use the phone and the internet at the same time?

You had to work to use the internet back then, damn it!

You damn kids have everything so easy now.

CB and HAM radios are way cooler than any of you tiny baby children will ever know. Back in the good old days you needed a license just like what you need for a car to wirelessly transmit data, and then you could only use a short set bandwidth with only enough data to send a single line of mono sound at a time. The quality was so poor, it was occasionally more efficient to use Morse Code than to speak actual words. Meanwhile there's a 100 foot long fractal antennae coming out of the top of your house (or 18 wheeler cab, Rubber Duck). All we could do was tell everybody where all the Smokies were at and host intensley lonely one man radio shows. Back when you had to run your memes of an actual mimerograph machine, and your funny pictures with captions came off the fax. Good times, good times.

it was shit, and this is sarcasm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zoTLwrm9QE

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-22 20:15:14

This is actually a legit problem. Not the useless visual thing (get a new computer OP). But inefficient programming. Back in the 80-90's programmers had to utilize every bit of memory they could get. Resulting in insanely efficient code, nowadays programmers are just using memory willy-nilly, which when done a lot in a program makes slow execution. Programmers just aren't as good as they used to be.

Yeah yeah, some compilers auto-optimize code blah blah.

Kids nowadays.

Note: Am in generation that isn't as good as they used to be.

Response to I hate the modern web 2014-08-22 22:16:46

At 8/22/14 08:15 PM, Brostrodomus wrote: This is actually a legit problem. Not the useless visual thing (get a new computer OP). But inefficient programming. Back in the 80-90's programmers had to utilize every bit of memory they could get. Resulting in insanely efficient code, nowadays programmers are just using memory willy-nilly, which when done a lot in a program makes slow execution. Programmers just aren't as good as they used to be.

Yeah yeah, some compilers auto-optimize code blah blah.

Kids nowadays.

Note: Am in generation that isn't as good as they used to be.

You. I like you. You sound like me. I'm always saying 80s programmers are better than majority of programmers we have today. You actually understand that. Good for you.

In before shitstorm of mediocre programmers disagreeing with both of us. It's okay though because chances are they only know like one or two languages anyway, and high-level ones at that, and lack any real knowledge of how computers actually work. So they can think they're "just as good as those 80s guys" but it doesn't make it so.

I would even say the average programmer of the 80s is equivalent to like the very top tier of today. And the average programmer of today is equivalent to maybe the lowest tier in the 80s, if even that.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here