00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kellyxeni2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

looking for script writer for colab

590 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi,

I am looking to team up with a script writer to do collaborations with.

I like to write allot of scripts for animations, shorts, skits and parodies including abridging. I also do some story writing here and there and am currently working on a graphic novel.

Im not one of those people that goes around calling themselves writers but really just goes and makes mediocre one off scripts and then tries to get a bunch of other people to do all the actual work all for them for free, i actually do animate, i do abridging, i voice act myself with a legitimate studio quality microphone, ive been the editor for several projects and i know entry level filmography. I am serious about writing, i write something or another every day, work on my stories, come up with short animation ideas, and plan out hundreds of projects for production later on.

What im looking for is to team up with someone to do collaborations on each others script projects, im not interested in book-type writing, but rather script writing of whatever form, animation (long episode videos), shorts, abridging ect. Writing for any kind of media production, or for comics or graphic novels also, just not any full scale book writing.
Just helping one another on their writing. And on projects themselves wherever applicable.

Im not looking to team up with someone necessarily as well rounded as myself, just someone who likes to write scripts to wants to do collaborations with me. I have no necessary prerequisites though i would like this to be working both ways and for a long time, though, not necessarily non stop in that time. It can be on anything, pokemon abridged, erotic short stories, sitcoms, whatever you want.

I work specifically in, in-depth comedy, that is, regular comedy, but with moderate depth plots, storyline and characters. I like to tell a decent story or have everything actually make sense in the universe everything takes place in, though, this is just for multi-part stories, aka, shows with episodes.

I have learned that when it comes to writing its important to build things with multiple people, because often youll find anything inexperienced ( unnoficially/self educated ) people write tends to have problems, sort of signature flaws that people make every time and it can ruin entire projects beyond repair, an example is that i cant make sex jokes for shirt, i might think they are funny but usually they aren't. I also tend to ramble on, when i explain something i often, even though im very capable of doing so, explain things with too much detail than is neccesary, and extend stories, dialogue, ect way longer than they should which makes things boring. I dont do it anymore, but, it really ruined a fair few projects, one i even already animated. With multiple people you get the best of both worlds and none of the personal flaws.

Presently i have a few projects in the works, which are an abridged jack londons call of the wild (1972 version), abridged macbeth shorts, a proper length show about two emos and their dead horse, an animated pokemon parody show, parody-ing aspects of the game with an internal plot, and various short short animation scripts.

Im really looking forward to working with someone soon.

Thanks

Response to looking for script writer for colab 2014-08-20 22:30:39

Post this to http://www.newgrounds.com/collab instead of the Writing Forum.

And I don't mean to be insulting, but you should work on your grammar. If you claim to be an experienced writer, try to present yourself more professionally.

BBS Signature