00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Creepypasta Rant

516 Views | 10 Replies

My Creepypasta Rant 2014-08-11 21:24:46

I hate "lost episode" creepypasta. But I love them. They are the stories that sound the creepiest, but they are also the ones that are more obviously fake. You are pulled in by the thought of your childhood characters being made into something dark and sinister, but when you decide to see the videos themselves, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Why? Because all you ever find are lazily put together tidbits from other episodes or the video is in such poor quality, it's impossible to be truly sure of the legitimacy of the video. I just want to see one, JUST ONE lost episode creepypasta video that at least makes me consider the possibility that it might be true, rather than be disappointed by a "convenient" lack of evidence. It's not scary when it's so easy to tell that the videos are fake.

Response to My Creepypasta Rant 2014-08-11 21:30:20

kbye

BBS Signature

Response to My Creepypasta Rant 2014-08-11 21:35:13

Pretty much all the "lost episode" ones are fake except for Candle Cove.

BBS Signature

Response to My Creepypasta Rant 2014-08-11 21:46:38

So if they are fake and gay... Why do you continue to read or watch them

BBS Signature

Response to My Creepypasta Rant 2014-08-11 22:06:33

what do you expect from them being real, you really should be enjoying what creative liberties they could take with these well known characters in the stories. It's obvious that some of them don't even take it seriously take a look Dantheuseless's youtube channel

Response to My Creepypasta Rant 2014-08-11 23:26:36

At 8/11/14 09:35 PM, FinaLee wrote: Pretty much all the "lost episode" ones are fake except for Candle Cove

Eh. That one's not even that creepy. Just kinda dark for a children's show.

Response to My Creepypasta Rant 2014-08-11 23:30:04

At 8/11/14 09:46 PM, tox wrote: So if they are fake and gay... Why do you continue to read or watch them

Because according to a long-standing proverb, I am insane, and I keep expecting the next creepypasta to be different....

Response to My Creepypasta Rant 2014-08-11 23:36:35

At 8/11/14 10:06 PM, argile wrote: what do you expect from them being real, you really should be enjoying what creative liberties they could take with these well known characters in the stories. It's obvious that some of them don't even take it seriously take a look Dantheuseless's youtube channel

I would totally enjoy them, if people would take the effort to make them appear real. I just like the scare factor of it, and that gets taken away when all I see is how obviously fake it is. I watch because the stories are creepy, but how can you read about some scary lost episode and NOT wanna see some footage thats bound to make you shit yourself... Except it doesn't, because it always ends up so cheesy and fake that you can't even force yourself to ignore it for the sake of entertainment. If you're going to make a creepypasta, either do a GOOD JOB at faking evidence, or make one that's harder to debunk, like jeff the killer. I mean, sure, it's just as fake as the rest of it, but can you prove it? Hell no! That's what keeps him and slenderman scary. They're harder to debunk.

Response to My Creepypasta Rant 2014-08-11 23:40:56

At 8/11/14 11:28 PM, SubliminalVirus wrote: The only scary thing at creepypasta are the freaking fangirls...

Yes... They have to take the most hardcore, demented shit you've ever seen/read, and just have the compulsive need to make it cute and cuddly...

Response to My Creepypasta Rant 2014-08-12 00:25:59

At 8/12/14 12:21 AM, SCTE3 wrote: Dead Bart
Candle Cove
Happy Appy

Stop looking at the shitty Lost episodes and start looking at originals.

Couldn't find a decent quality dead Bart, candle cove wasn't scary, and I've never heard of the other ones. I shall check them out. If they disappoint me, I'm going to explode, and then haunt you mercilously, and maybe then I'll be the first REAL creepypasta

Response to My Creepypasta Rant 2014-08-12 00:53:58

Personally, as a once short-lived creepypasta fan, I've come to the conclusion that most of those "lost episode" creepypastas are pretty much repetitive and pulled out their asses. Sort of like a majority of the "Theories Behind Cartoons" creepypastas that usually resort to saying that it was some sort of nuclear fallout that mutated everyone, or people are secretly dead and there's some sort of mental disorder behind it all. It sounds more creative listing it out, but it's pretty repetitive and bland.

There's always the exceptions though, like Candle Cove and the theory behind Ed, Edd, and Eddy in purgatory was pretty cool butnotsomuchscary. 1999 was also a really nice sort of "Lost Episode" creepypasta I'd recommend.

Creepypasta is full of a lot more half-assed and repetitive fangirl goop, but you just gotta look in the right spots and there's the occasional gem.

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature