00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VelvetsFunzone just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

longest movie ever?

2,433 Views | 36 Replies

Response to longest movie ever? 2014-08-09 12:17:56

This thread blows dick! Next time you have a simple question use google and don't make a 2 page thread about.
Consider this a warning!

BBS Signature

Response to longest movie ever? 2014-08-09 12:30:36

warhol did a film that was just a static shot, for 24 hours, of the empire state building

sometimes there are birds and shit

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to longest movie ever? 2014-08-09 13:05:28

At 8/9/14 11:56 AM, Splats wrote:
At 8/2/14 07:21 AM, Holon wrote: It gets longer...

"Ambiancé", a project in which he intends to have run for 720 hours (30 days)
imagine the amount of pop corn and soda you'd need to last the whole movie

Imagine how much that'll cost if you buy it in-theater... If there's a least one customer who buys from the concession stand, the theater's rich...

I lost the game.

Response to longest movie ever? 2014-08-10 09:26:03

I heard that "Ambiance" is only going to be shown once and then it will be destroyed. You're much better off just putting a camera and recording it all. Why would anyone care? If it's destroyed, you won't be making any money of it. Of course, one camera probably couldn't record 30 days, so you'd have to buy several.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to longest movie ever? 2014-08-10 11:03:41

At 8/10/14 09:39 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 8/9/14 12:30 PM, Otto wrote: warhol did a film that was just a static shot, for 24 hours, of the empire state building
eight hours

damn I was only off by 200%

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to longest movie ever? 2014-08-10 14:21:07

Well the technical answers like the experimental films are all well and good but I think OP was looking for something a little more specific.
Like "What is the longest theatrical, internationally released, single narrative film, excluding sagas and movies broken into parts" Kinda hard to find Google answers to that.

Movies closer to what we actually see in theaters today, the stuff that's released to thousands of movie theaters nationally and internationally and has a coherent narrative and shown multiple times a day for its run in the box office. I mean, the experimental stuff is technically correct, but hell, if we're going by technicalities than I say we count the longest running archived security footage as that probably numbers into months worth of viewing data and is likely as entertaining as any of the documentary/experimental stuff.

The closest answer to that would probably be a movie in the 4-5hr range as I can't see a commercial theater (not a screen at a film fest) being able to dedicate one of their screens for any longer than that for a single viewing of a single movie.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to longest movie ever? 2014-08-16 09:52:26

The highest grossing movie in history adjusted for inflation was "Gone With The Wind" and it's about four hours long, so you'd think that would be the first thing people would think of. Then again, the extended version of Return Of The King is even longer, not that most people have even seen that.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock