00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Submitting Art to the Portal?

718 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Submitting Art to the Portal? 2014-07-31 07:38:02

So, I submitted some stuff I drew using photoshop that I drew for my YT thumbnails, I check marked the art portal thing. I was actually just curious about what the means really? does it have to go through some kind of review process? or is just there?

Response to Submitting Art to the Portal? 2014-07-31 07:53:11

At 7/31/14 07:38 AM, sodacereal wrote: So, I submitted some stuff I drew using photoshop that I drew for my YT thumbnails, I check marked the art portal thing. I was actually just curious about what the means really? does it have to go through some kind of review process? or is just there?

Well, the art portal is the area where an artist's piece can be included in the art area. And in turn, will have more views and feedback.
So like, if you hover over at the art tab above, your art will appear in the latest art area.
But, before you could be able to add your art in the art portal, you need to be scouted.

Basically, a scouted artist is just someone who can include their art in the art portal.
To get scouted, a person who is also scouted must scout you.
But these people follow rules and must only scout people who show skill, talent, or at least potential to improve.
If you want to increase your chances to be scouted, just take a look at the ever popular Ornery's Handy Dandy Scouting Guide!

Hope I helped. :3

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to Submitting Art to the Portal? 2014-07-31 07:57:12

At 7/31/14 07:53 AM, 123mine123 wrote: But, before you could be able to add your art in the art portal, you need to be scouted.
Hope I helped. :3

You did! thanks, my art isn't something that's a serious habit of mine, I don't think that it's something I take that seriously, but hey. I really enjoy it here on newgrounds so maybe I'll end up learning a thing or two. (:

Response to Submitting Art to the Portal? 2014-07-31 08:02:20

At 7/31/14 07:57 AM, sodacereal wrote: You did! thanks, my art isn't something that's a serious habit of mine, I don't think that it's something I take that seriously, but hey. I really enjoy it here on newgrounds so maybe I'll end up learning a thing or two. (:

Me either. But for some strange reason, I treat this hobby of mine (not so) seriously. :3
You could improve if you know where to look. :0

Drawin' and being trash. :3