00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blozeoff just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for animator

902 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for animator 2014-07-29 15:02:10

Hey, guys!
I'm looking for an animator for my Youtube animated series, Down The Block. I've tried looking in a crapload of places, but none of them were active.
Are you looking for an idea?
Do you want your name to be heard?
Do you know anything about comedy?
If you answered yes to just one of these questions, then you, sir or ma'am, could animate the pilot for the animated short film series, Down the Block.
Most voice actors are already in line, the pilot is written, and all I need is the green light for an animator. This will feature alot of lip sync, so hopefully you're good at that.

The show's comical element features surprising dialogue to keep the audience on their toes, and kids and adults get in trouble with out-of-the-ordinary situations, leading to seasons on top of seasons of episodes. The videos will last about 10 minutes or less, making it the perfect film to animate on a monthly/bi-monthly basis. This is also an oppurtunity to try something original, as not too many animated short films with an upload schedule are actually on Youtube. I'm writing scripts for 10 episodes, and if everybody still wants to go another season, then we'll do so.

This is not an "idea", this is a profitable dream.

What's in it for you, the animator
-Uploaded to the channel of your choice
-A shout-out on my Facebook, over 3000 friends, some that are also script-writers
-%100 of the Youtube Partnership Money
-A fun enviroment to work in.

Need any more convincing?
The pilot script includes two situations, one being with two young boys (Jack and Henry) mistake a hairstyling product for an illegal drug. Meanwhile, Jack's parents have an interesting, out of the ordinary fight.

You'd be stupid as an internet animator to not take this oppurtunity!

How it works:
Day 1- I write the script, revise it for flaws, then rewrite it
Day 2-4- I private message my voice actors their scripts, highlighted their lines in bold. They tell me what they think and get to work.
Day 5- I get all of their lines in seperate files. I have to merge it into one big audio file.
Day 6-13- I message you, the animator, the audio file. You then read the script, and animate the actions happening, along with the lip sync of the voices.
Day 14- You edit the video to add in the Voice Actors Dialogue with the animation. The video is now ready to upload!
Day 15- Watch the viewers/subs pile up!

And that is how you get a quick rep in just 14 easy days. That's all you have to do.

Are you too stupid to pass this up now?
Of course you're not!

NOTES: The dialogue in this series may be offending to some. If you get offended easily, then please do not sign up. You can have %50 of the script writing sayso if you want it. HOWEVER, anything that would change further episodes will go to me.

Thank you in advance

Response to Looking for animator 2014-07-29 17:16:59

I just realized how tough this would be. I'm sorry for asking, I guess.

Response to Looking for animator 2014-07-29 17:34:26

At 7/29/14 05:16 PM, DownTheBlock wrote: I just realized how tough this would be. I'm sorry for asking, I guess.

dude this doesn't sound like a very good opportunity...all you showed us was two shitty sub-plots...everything else was you talking...

FIGJAM

Response to Looking for animator 2014-07-29 18:38:02

I've got more for it, some big plans, that was just an example.
And comedies don't have to have the strongest plots

Response to Looking for animator 2014-07-30 00:52:40

@DownTheBlock

1 week to animate what length of animation?

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for animator 2014-08-02 21:00:44

At 7/29/14 06:38 PM, DownTheBlock wrote: I've got more for it, some big plans, that was just an example.
And comedies don't have to have the strongest plots

yeah...i can totally trust Mr. 3 posts more than i can trust people I've actually DONE ANIMATION FOR...you shouldn't be trying to sell this to us like its some magical cure to being a struggling artist...if you want people on board you need to show that you are responsible and that this wont just die...

FIGJAM

Response to Looking for animator 2014-08-09 14:01:32

The others are right.

In my opinion it seems like you are going straight off of ambitions. You need to slow down and think realistically. If we did join you, 1 week is not long enough to pump out a nice quality cartoon. It would take a couple months(Depending on the amount of animators). Also it is sink or swim. It could make tons of money, or none at all, which means we might not get paid.

I get that you want to make a cartoon series, but slow down, get the script ready and think about it all realistically.

I know I personally, as an animator, would want to be guaranteed pay with a project such as this. Also, if I do get paid, it might only be a couple bucks. (Though you need $100 before you see money with youtube and adsense and NG only pays $1 per 1,000 views.) Plus, I would still want to make content for my channel to improve my subs and views instead of focusing on someone else's.

I am not trying to be mean I just want you to understand that animation is a long and tedious process that takes an extremely long amount of time. You might want to create this really badly, but I think that in a little while you'll get bored with it and just abandon it like most people with ambitions similar to this.

Slow down, think realistically, and maybe guarantee pay to the animators.

(Again, not trying to sound mean, it's just last time I helped someone they abandoned the project half way through and I never got paid)

BBS Signature