00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ahmad117 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Awkward Moments

468 Views | 7 Replies

Awkward Moments 2014-07-28 21:25:36

This happened when i went to visit my cousin from far away and i stayed over for a couple of days, then i got to go to several of his friends houses and i just sat or stand while they do everything together and i'm bored to to death thinking of a conversation to start.

Swag

Response to Awkward Moments 2014-07-28 21:38:55

I had an awkward moment when I read your opening post and had no idea what the fuck you were talking about.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Awkward Moments 2014-07-29 00:51:26

When you're talking to someone and you exhale through your nostrils and a bubble snot blasts out of your nose.

Man I've got a fuckin' cold.

Response to Awkward Moments 2014-07-29 01:25:05

At 7/29/14 01:15 AM, SubliminalVirus wrote:
At 7/29/14 12:51 AM, NGPulp wrote: When you're talking to someone and you exhale through your nostrils and a bubble snot blasts out of your nose.
OH god...I hate it when that happens...

With me its the spit bubbles, I've had that happen twice to me today I acknowledged it and the person i was speaking with noticed it too but that did not stop our interaction . It's all in the recovery.

OP don't think things through too much. Sometimes you just have to be spontaneous and go with the flow, those are the best conversations i feel and will prevent those "awkward silences" -which tbh i dont even think are as weird as ppl lead on...

I mean, you don't have to be talking literally every single second. Besides what happens when you are just an awkward person? Is normality even a thing?

XDeeZeroZero4Two-thousand six.

Response to Awkward Moments 2014-07-29 06:43:40

Literally every time my best friend rages at a game. He destroys controllers, I've seen him eject and destroy discs, then rebuy the same game...every time he screams and shouts when shit isn't going his way at SSB Brawl or League of Legends or Battlefield 4, I get a cold pit in my gut and how I just don't want to be there...but he's my best friend. Its why I try to be really chill when I talk to him about that, and he's real dismissive about his rage....but I fucking hate it. It stresses me out, and it makes me want to spend my time on shit that DOESN'T stress me out...it makes me question how I manage my time hanging out with him...the productive shit that I'm missing out on.

I fucking can't stand ragers...they're petty to me.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Awkward Moments 2014-07-29 07:51:48

Try talking to someone with a severe autistic personality, their awkward way of saying things will cause a whole lot of awkward silent moments, followed by you normaly replying with "Okaaaaay, uhhh..." every moment they say some off the wall covoluted shit that really didn't needed to be brought up or could have been said more simplisticly.

They have a knack for saying, "That is your opinion". Never fails, did the asspie commitee discover that word and use it for their sponser?

I understand lack of social skills but they seem to either not try to compensate for it, or seem satisfied that they think they said something so complex that made them come off as intellecuals when they fail to realize it takes more than just speaking 3 syllable words to even come off close to someone who's well educated.

BBS Signature

Response to Awkward Moments 2014-07-29 08:07:45

At 7/29/14 07:51 AM, killerjeff wrote: Try talking to someone with a severe autistic personality,

Ohhhhh man...personality nothin', I jumped outta one party and into another and I met this kid...he was about a sophomore in high school, but he was full blown autistic. Which is fine...but I came to this apartment drunk, and I'm with drunk people my age, and I came here to get more drunk...but everyone funneled off into the kitchen, so I provided wingman and stayed conversational with the inquisitive and socially anxious teen.

So already that shit was a little awkward...kinda fucked up that I was abandoned fifth wheel territory to solo convo with the autistic little brother of the host...It was a little weird talking to him at first, but then I adapted. I learned his interests and got a good feel for the parameters of his sense of humor...he's like a "cut-it-to-you-straight" kid, and there was something even charming about the purity of his innocence and obliviousness of things. You can tell that underneath a lot of clutter, there was a smart kid in there.

I even cracked out my chess set and we played a game or two. I was teaching him and we were having fun! Eventually, his older brother got into it, and I was picking up the context clues that they were ready to wind down for the night...if the time of day wasn't enough indication...but just as I was pounding back water to hydrate and sober up for the drive, this kid starts talking about some really heavy, personal, family shit. Like, OUT OF NOWHERE, talking about how his Mom is resentful to him for being autistic, and one time physically took her arm and shoved him hard in the back to get him to walk into this new school "that would accept him"...so he whips around and slaps her hard in the face, so she falls on the ground, and he just starts screaming at her to "Never do that again!" and I'm just...wow...I'm sitting here with my water trying to sober up and that did the fucking trick immediately. That was a safe ride home.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Awkward Moments 2014-07-29 08:16:59

At 7/29/14 08:07 AM, Phobotech wrote:
this kid starts talking about some really heavy, personal, family shit. Like, OUT OF NOWHERE, talking about how his Mom is resentful to him for being autistic, and one time physically took her arm and shoved him hard in the back to get him to walk into this new school "that would accept him"...so he whips around and slaps her hard in the face, so she falls on the ground, and he just starts screaming at her to "Never do that again!" and I'm just...wow...I'm sitting here with my water trying to sober up and that did the fucking trick immediately. That was a safe ride home.

You just never know what to expect from those types, I'm fine with anyone with autisim too, but if they're the type to just spontaneously act crazy and unreasonable, I just can't really associate with that kind of stuff. I can just imagine the conflicting emotions you must have had been experiencing with this kid. That's a situation I couldn't even begin to react at all to.

BBS Signature