00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The point you start caring

471 Views | 11 Replies

The point you start caring 2014-07-27 15:44:14

So, I'm 25 and have already developed some pretty critical disorders that are hereditary, Namely Ulcerative Colitis and Reoccuring Gastroenteritis. I've taken the proper measurements and changed diet and stuff. But in addition to this, my family has other issues. Alzheimers and Cancers seem to run rampant in my family. So I was just wondering, do any of you keep a watch on your health when you've got inherited conditions possibly on the way?

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to The point you start caring 2014-07-27 15:50:12

I always keep watch on my health. It's nothing out of the extreme, but I think everyone should work out on a regular basis and have a proper diet for the most part. You can go really far with preventing possible diseases that runs in the family, but I believe there's not much you can do if you were born with such a disadvantage.

This signature will actually not appear at the bottom of this post.

Response to The point you start caring 2014-07-27 16:17:46

i have neurofibromatosis and i believe on my dads side of the family there's diabetes, yes i do keep on with health shit its hard but yes i do im also slowly losing weight so that's a plus.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to The point you start caring 2014-07-27 17:00:57

At 7/27/14 03:53 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: Don't worry about it.

You're eventually going to die no matter what.

I love your optimism. But you are right.

BBS Signature

Response to The point you start caring 2014-07-27 20:11:35

It's best not to think about it.

Response to The point you start caring 2014-07-27 21:30:41

I'm not going to live long enough to get any inherited diseases.

BBS Signature

Response to The point you start caring 2014-07-27 22:00:17

Here's what you do.... as these things begin to develop inside of you, you strap dynamite to your chest and suicide bomb the place or person you hate most.

If you're still a virgin though, don't do that just yet. Either donate sperm, or impregnate someone (un)naturally.

Oh look, nipple rings

Response to The point you start caring 2014-07-28 07:02:51

At 7/27/14 09:30 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: I'm not going to live long enough to get any inherited diseases.

Why's that?

BBS Signature

Response to The point you start caring 2014-07-28 08:28:35

Well the thing is someone who smoked and drank alcohol all their life might live into their 90s and someone who exercised and ate healthily might die before they're 40 all due to genetics.

So I guess don't do anything too stupid but at the same time don't worry about what you can't change?

And yeah if you're known to have bad genetics then it is a responsible thing not to reproduce as you'd pass that on to future generations but it is your (and your mate's) call.

I'm just reminded of a picture of this guy and like 5 kids, all of which are retarded. It's like you'd think he should have stopped after at least the second kid. First kid's retarded? ... okay bad luck .. maybe. Second kid's also retarded? Take a hint where the rest are headed at this point.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to The point you start caring 2014-07-28 09:05:27

My family has had a line of cancer. I'm not too worried though. Neither one of my
parents has gotten it. I'm also a very healthy person but like it was said above everyone's
gotta go sometime.

Response to The point you start caring 2014-07-28 19:03:23

At 7/28/14 07:02 AM, Mrccbirdguy wrote:
At 7/27/14 09:30 PM, Magical-Zorse wrote: I'm not going to live long enough to get any inherited diseases.
Why's that?

drug and alcohol abuse, silly.

BBS Signature

Response to The point you start caring 2014-07-28 19:18:49

I don't really give a shit about my health. Then again, I have pretty bad anxiety and depression, so I mostly avoid taking drugs in case they aggravate my condition. I have no problem with dying young either.

BBS Signature