00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Yevs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I don't enjoy pc gaming.

1,455 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-07-26 17:42:23

I do, I have a decent computer that can run recent games at fair settings but it just doesn't compare to console or even playing emulators on pc, I just don't like gaming on pc. I don't mind if my friends play on pc or if anyone else plays on pc. I just don't enjoy playing platformers, adventure games or playing any other type of game on pc, I'd play a game in the web browser or on an emulator but I just don't like installing them and uninstalling them right away cause I didn't enjoy them. Does anyone else feel like this?

sorry if I didn't make sense

BBS Signature

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-07-26 17:45:01

At 7/26/14 05:42 PM, vidyagames wrote:

:Does anyone else feel like this?

sorry if I didn't make sense

poopy, I forgot the picture

I don't enjoy pc gaming.

BBS Signature

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-07-26 19:22:37

a $500 build would do you good and games will be cheaper in the long run and no need to upgrade every so often like misinformed people think, you'll only need to upgrade when you absolutely need to.
just check these out.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-07-28 18:48:04

I'm sorry you can't handle the superior platform.

BBS Signature

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-07-28 20:26:10

itt: pc master race assholes can't stand the fact that some people literally just prefer consoles

like, the only reason i prefer the elder scrolls on pc is because of the modding, and the only reason i prefer the pc version of the sims is bcause the sims just doesn't quite work on consoles, generally.

but i actually prefer using my ps3, laying back on my bed, controller in hand and chillin' out while playing something like tekken- it's just so relaxing in a way that the pc can't compare to, and as someone who plays games to relax, that's kind of an important thing.

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-07-28 20:39:21

Only a fool would limit themselves to a single platform. Go get a Game Boy.

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-07-28 21:05:10

I'm not really a fan of PC gaming either. I'm mostly put off by how temperamental it can be. Even when nothing should go wrong it often does and I have to waste time getting games to run even when I floor the requirements. And don't even get me started on the nightmare of trying to run retro games.

The comfort, simplicity and convenience of playing on a console blow the PC away for me.

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-07-28 21:25:37

I'm going blind and can't be fucked putting my glasses on before playing games, so reading anything on a console game is a pain.

Would rather just play on PC and press my nose up against the monitor. Less hassle.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-07-28 21:48:32

If you're playing off a emulator or a game on web browser doesn't that still technically count as pc gaming?From what I'm gathering you don't have the paitence to get used to more complicated controls or to install games.

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-07-29 09:33:17

Go play with consoles

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-07-30 17:50:00

i blame social media

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-07-30 18:21:09

At 7/28/14 09:25 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'm going blind and can't be fucked putting my glasses on before playing games, so reading anything on a console game is a pain.

The struggle is real. I've often opted for mindlessly browsing the internet all day rather than doing something on the TV because my glasses are in another room.

But still, console gaming is best gaming.

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-07-30 19:33:12

Who cares really,

My Wii can play any video format that isn't HD and stream from my network, my Wii can play Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, Genesis, browser the web and has a file manager. My Wii can connect a USB mouse and keyboard, My Wii can connect different controllers.

My computer can connect to a TV and do all these things too.

Why should we care, if someone is a PC or console gamer.

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-07-30 23:38:38

At 7/28/14 08:26 PM, Freaki-boy92 wrote: but i actually prefer using my ps3, laying back on my bed, controller in hand and chillin' out while playing something like tekken- it's just so relaxing in a way that the pc can't compare to, and as someone who plays games to relax, that's kind of an important thing.

That's nothing to do with your console though. Your console is just a box that people usually put under their big TV (something many people consider separate to a monitor). You could do all that with a PC, with a similar interface à la Steam Big Picture mode. Not to mention the variety of other programs that are specifically made to function with TV's and desktop remotes e.g. XBMC, Plex, and various Windows software.

I don't mind that people prefer consoles, they're relatively more 'plug n play' and you get a uniform standard amongst your friends and anyone using that platform, but the reason you gave is rather shit. Your PS3 experience is made by you, not by the platform you've chosen. There's plenty of information out there for people who want to embrace PC as a primary, mainstream gaming platform and it's not hard to find. I don't see the point in arguing with people about their preference unless they're clearly misinformed.

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-08-01 02:04:12

At 7/29/14 09:33 AM, Indeks wrote: Go play with consoles

Nothing wrong playing with consoles.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-08-01 11:13:48

I'm not much of a PC gamer myself, but that's due to me owning a crap computer and not having the ability to buy a gaming rig. I would love to buy a nice PC one of these days to play, but I just can't afford it.

I'll be honest and say I'm not much for most PC games myself, so I'm with OP in a way.

BBS Signature

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-08-07 12:10:42

So plug a controller into your PC and games will play exactly the same as if they were on the console

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-08-07 13:16:37

It sounds to me the problem is you're playing with keyboard and mouse. Just plug in a DS3/360 controller and play platformers et al. they way they were meant to be played. If you're willing to spend some cash, you can find adapters for whatever console controller you'd want to use.
I don't blame you if you don't like PC gaming though. PC gaming is great when you have an above average PC. My laptop is a prebuilt with AMD hardware. It gets hot enough to bake poptarts when I try to play something on Steam. It can emulate GC/PS2 games, but the amount of workarounds to get games to run higher than 15fps is more effort than it's worth. Speedhacks and frameskips turn the game's music into garbled mess. Sometimes the emulator simply may not want to run the game. If you like console gaming better, just play console games. There's nothing bad about that.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-08-08 01:34:47

grats on not liking a thing, real impressive

BBS Signature

Response to I don't enjoy pc gaming. 2014-08-09 14:00:49

At 8/7/14 01:16 PM, Chdonga wrote: It sounds to me the problem is you're playing with keyboard and mouse.

That may be it. Ive been wanting to get this controller.

BBS Signature