00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JustSomeInternetdude just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Inspire meh!

1,092 Views | 21 Replies

Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 15:15:45

I want to make a game (one I can code fast), but lack of inspiration or ideas. All ideas warmly welcome.

~Shadowrabbit from the hills..

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 15:16:47

Suicide simulator

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 15:18:34

At 7/22/14 03:16 PM, WrightOnTarget wrote: Suicide simulator

Sounds awesome!

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 15:20:10

At 7/22/14 03:18 PM, Varjokani wrote:
Sounds awesome!

Make sure you do your research. Best learning is experience

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 15:24:04

At 7/22/14 03:20 PM, WrightOnTarget wrote:
At 7/22/14 03:18 PM, Varjokani wrote:
Sounds awesome!
Make sure you do your research. Best learning is experience

I 100% agree. That is why I want you to be my guineapig for this mission.

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 15:24:38

At 7/22/14 03:24 PM, Varjokani wrote:

I'm not coding the game.

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 15:25:57

At 7/22/14 03:24 PM, WrightOnTarget wrote:
At 7/22/14 03:24 PM, Varjokani wrote:
I'm not coding the game.

That is correct. That is why you are perfect guineapig for me or shall we say test object for research.

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 15:27:37

Anyways, serious answer, bullet hell game.

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 15:46:18

At 7/22/14 03:27 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Could start by learning a platform game. Would be decent practice. As for "quickly", no game can really be made quickly unless it's shovelware bullshit (which generally isn't allowed here for a few reasons), most take days, weeks, months, etc etc. Just have to practice and keep getting better.

Awesome idea. Could you suggest me some tutorials please? :3 Yes, I m quite newbie as you can see from my previous games here.

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 15:50:32

NG BBS simulator.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 15:52:01

Classroom Hallway Navigator.

In between periods, the rooms flood with kids. Some are slow as fuck, some are yucking it up at the lockers, some are groups of friends chatting it up and walking in a wave, like a wall of kids that you have to maneuver around, sometimes against the flow of traffic. Some kids are sprinting past, some kids are fat as fuck. Some kids are in a wheelchair. Sometimes people spill their drinks which slows or slips people up. Sometimes Janitors have to wipe down a patch of the hallway, so its the spilled drink effect, only MUCH, MUCH larger...and kids will funnel around, they're not just a static graphic of possible collisions, but they'll move around other classmates, like a living, moving, organic ball of students. Sometimes there'll be a traffic jam at certain places, especially with large groups of kids hangin' around, and you have to navigate around.

The upper floor is a lot clearer, but it takes time to get there...but sometimes its necessary just to get around an obstruction.

There are five days in a week...Monday is always the slowest, and Friday is always the most frantic, and at the end of your destination, there's always a boss-fight at the end of Fridays. There could be an event that's building up over the course of the weeks, and the final level, probably after 3-5 in-game months, there's a final boss-fight that correlates to that event...which is probably prom or graduation or a festival of some shit. Foreign exchange students flood the halls at some point in the middle, and it totally throws off a different pattern of things, clogging the halls even more.

You got HP, which burns with every collision of a student or obstruction (for some reason), a stamina bar for sprinting with a slow recovery rate, and a time limit in every stage so that you get from one classroom to the next in a specific amount of time. HP reduced to zero costs a life, and each tardy costs a life, you run out of lives, and its Game Over... with very, VERY few opportunities to pickup a 1UP hidden off the path to your objective (where you would kinda have to know where it is through exploration to even see them).

Boss fights are fought with a variety of school themed weapons; paper airplanes, stink bombs, rubber band+staplers/paper clips, punches and kicks, backpacks being swung like a club, rare drops like computer mice and keyboards, baseball bats, tennis rackets, yard sticks...each with different range, damage, some with rare or uncommon ammunition, and some bosses immune to certain attacks, but vulnerable only to a specific weapon...they got attack patterns that can be memorized, and the context clues to their vulnerability shouldn't be blaringly obvious, but a witty player could figure it out... like, Paper Airplanes do 1 damage...they're weak as fuck, they're ranged, they have a randomized flight path so they're even inaccurate...but say there's a fat bitch that inhales really deeply and yells so loudly it incapacitates everyone, before she barrels through and knocks the player back... Everything is useless against her, except when you throw a paper airplane right at the BEGINNING of her inhale...she sucks in the paper, chokes out, and you run up and get a few hits off of her before repeating the process two or three more times, each time she gets faster and stronger.

The narrative of the protagonist could be he's a troll, so these boss-fights are students or faculty that have been pushed over the edge and take it out on him through violence in the halls, while the countdown clock is ticking away for him to get to class.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 15:55:31

How about an MMO where you bring together all the newgrounds characters to annihilate each other, with huge custom maps, a bunch of monsters and bosses and solid leveling experience!!!! Oh and huge 100 vs 100 PvP battles!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 16:13:48

You're a turd, trying to save your fellow turds from certain flushing.

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 16:19:32

At 7/22/14 04:17 PM, Amaranthus wrote:
At 7/22/14 04:13 PM, DarkMatter wrote: You're a turd, trying to save your fellow turds from certain flushing.
Call it "Flush Rush".

have a diarrhea meter or something that fills up that you can use to clog the toilet or something.

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 16:53:26

At 7/22/14 03:16 PM, Amaranthus wrote: Fedora Man's Quest for a Girlfriend.

and it ends with him being raped in prison !

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 18:54:52

At 7/22/14 05:05 PM, SubliminalVirus wrote: Make a clown sex simulator.... please

This must happen!

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 18:59:37

At 7/22/14 06:55 PM, SubliminalVirus wrote:
At 7/22/14 06:54 PM, Moblin wrote:
At 7/22/14 05:05 PM, SubliminalVirus wrote: Make a clown sex simulator.... please
This must happen!
Do not forget the rubber chickens...

If you want to get kinky...

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 19:40:27

Just do what I do and use a random game title generator and then build a game based on the title.
A couple good ones are
extreme lawnmowing sim
drunken programming man
super teriyaki bros

BBS Signature

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 20:41:34

there's a man, and he wants to get the cookie
two buttons ~ one button walks forward, the second button grabs and eats the cookie

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 21:05:28

You could always try making a game like SCP-087 (aka; The Stairs game.), where a detailed atmosphere(music, settings, ambience) does most of the captivating for you.

"Now I'm a private eye-cum-negotiator..."

BBS Signature

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-22 23:39:30

Oh man, I wanna steal like half of these ideas and make shitty games out of them XD

BBS Signature

Response to Inspire meh! 2014-07-23 04:57:15

At 7/22/14 08:18 PM, LichLordMusic wrote: Just make something generic and Quick up in RPG Maker VX Ace and call it a day.

Any changes to get that software free? Last time I checked it was one you needed to pay for.
And thanks guys for all awesome ideas. I really wanna give you all a big hug.