00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I don't understand Republicans

3,267 Views | 40 Replies

Response to I don't understand Republicans 2014-07-20 17:01:44

THERE IS ONLY 1 SYSTEM THAT WORKS, AND IT IS MINE, JOIN ZURBOIG..

Response to I don't understand Republicans 2014-07-20 17:54:48

At 7/20/14 02:17 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: I generally disagree with republicans sometimes because they tend to have a narrow perception, especially socially. For example, in terms of prison systems, they seem to think most if not all prisoners are the same and deserve brutal treatment.

You're falling into that trap again saying that all Republicans think that prisoners deserve brutal treatment. Now, Republicans are generally known for their "law and order" stance when it comes to criminality, but let's not say that would condone beating random prisoners like you would see in a third world prison. Also, while it is true that most conservative Republicans tend to have a narrow perception, the liberals are just as worse with this, having a one-track, pass the buck kind of mentality.

When the reality is; most people who end up going to prison or jail go for very different reasons, and a lot of them don't deserve the harsh punishment they get, especially drug offenders which need to go to rehab but republicans and especially conservative republicans say "NOPE! FREE LABOR AND EVERY PERSON WHO GOES TO JAIL IS BAD!!"

Once again, you're falling into the exaggeration trap again. The lot of the drug offenders (let's say marijuana users as an example) that end up in prison are either part of a RICO case, (gang members basically) or have a lot more than what would be considered a personal amount. How can we change this? It's rather easy, a few states are legalizing marijuana while a lot others are mulling it over (most likely for medical rather than personal) so that should ease some of the incarceration rate.

As for rehab, I totally get that as well, though the problem is that no one wants to deal with them if they relapse again, you can only treat a person so many times before people just give up on them and can't function without it.

Not to mention the innocent people who go to death row and rot in prison even though they're not guilty of the crime. Death row in general shouldn't exist in the US for the sole fact of innocent people alone, but hey, the law system is perfect and let's not use any money to help restructure, and just use it to invade some random country. or help fuel corporations that leech off small towns or replace all healthy organic food with preserved trash that will make you obese and might give you other health problems down the line like Wall-Mart.

Now you're just getting into alternate tangents that are unrelated to each other. First off, the chances that someone who is innocent of a crime worthy of being on death row is very low, much less killing an innocent via lethal injection by the state, why do you think that the lawyers file so many appeals for? Second, what does state or U.S. law have to do with have to do with foreign policy? I'm no legal eagle expert, but I can safely say that little, if any domestic laws have anything to do with what we do in other countries in the first place, it's no different if MLB made rules against gang activity in Compton. They are separate entities that require different rules. Finally, the last sentence you made was absolutely retatrded, I just don't know where to begin with that. I will say this however, Wal-Mart isn't to blame for people's health problems, it's idiots who doesn't give two shits about healthy living in the first place. Sure they stock smacks, soda pop and other such foods, but that's a part of their business, and you have the choice not to get them in the first place.

When you try to shotgun your argument, that's when we stop taking you seriously, because you have no idea what you're talking about, and they aren't related to each other, don't use ignorance as reasoning, there are enough folks who use that already.

The whole prison thing is just one of the reasons why I see the Republican party as it is.

And now this argument has come full circle, and yet, you have given nothing of value to the thread.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to I don't understand Republicans 2014-07-20 18:22:15

You're falling into that trap again saying that all Republicans think that prisoners deserve brutal treatment. Now, Republicans are generally known for their "law and order" stance when it comes to criminality, but let's not say that would condone beating random prisoners like you would see in a third world prison. Also, while it is true that most conservative Republicans tend to have a narrow perception, the liberals are just as worse with this, having a one-track, pass the buck kind of mentality.

Like many other people in this thread have stated. The United States only has a 2 major party citizens, so regardless if you think like a republican economically in terms of the free market or tend to agree with them on some subjects. When you vote for them, regardless, you support the activities the big polticians in their party want to do, like make prisons worse as an example, even if you don't agree with those practices. Also. In my area, 90% of the Republicans all think in the same backward way, where they'll vote somebody just because they say they believe in Jesus or something like that even though they probably don't and end up screwing everybody over.

Once again, you're falling into the exaggeration trap again. The lot of the drug offenders (let's say marijuana users as an example) that end up in prison are either part of a RICO case, (gang members basically) or have a lot more than what would be considered a personal amount. How can we change this? It's rather easy, a few states are legalizing marijuana while a lot others are mulling it over (most likely for medical rather than personal) so that should ease some of the incarceration rate.

As for rehab, I totally get that as well, though the problem is that no one wants to deal with them if they relapse again, you can only treat a person so many times before people just give up on them and can't function without it.

Banning those drugs in the first place is what started the immense gang and black market activity around it, look at the alcohol prohibition. What you said about one drug getting legalized probably won't ever happen for a lot of southern states.

and I suppose a good solution is to completely ignore the problem with those relapsed drugies is throwing them into a rotting jail cell for what they do to their own body?

Finally, the last sentence you made was absolutely retatrded, I just don't know where to begin with that. I will say this however, Wal-Mart isn't to blame for people's health problems, it's idiots who doesn't give two shits about healthy living in the first place. Sure they stock smacks, soda pop and other such foods, but that's a part of their business, and you have the choice not to get them in the first place.

Are you kidding me? Everything from corporations like Wal-Mart is heavily processed, from the obvious junk food to the steroid filled meats raised in extremely poor conditions. In the town I live in, it seems like they ripped it dry.

Freedom is a good ideal. If you don't like that ideal, I don't feel like educating you on why it's a good thing. BECAUSE I'M FREE TO DO SO.

You damn liberal fascists have no fucking clue.

Way to use a political buzzword to make yourself seem smart.

filler text

Response to I don't understand Republicans 2014-07-20 19:00:54

At 7/20/14 05:54 PM, orangebomb wrote: have a lot more than what would be considered a personal amount. How can we change this? It's rather easy, a few states are legalizing marijuana while a lot others are mulling it over (most likely for medical rather than personal) so that should ease some of the incarceration rate.

Let's go back to passing the buck. Why is it that the Grand Old Party, Arbiters of Liberty and Limited Government, launched a prohibition to begin with? If they are so concerned by the nation's debt, why have they supported a multitrillion dollar four-decade-long failed War on Drugs? Why did Republican executives use the War as an excuse to topple politicians, find coups, and install American puppet regimes in South America? And now they whine and stomp their feet while tens of thousands of South American children chase the cheap clothing they've sewn across our southern border trying to escape the Drug War?

Please. Republicans are inheriting a party with selfish and evil intentions.

Just an 02er.

Response to I don't understand Republicans 2014-07-20 20:07:35

At 7/20/14 06:22 PM, GrizzlyOne wrote: Like many other people in this thread have stated. The United States only has a 2 major party citizens, so regardless if you think like a republican economically in terms of the free market or tend to agree with them on some subjects. When you vote for them, regardless, you support the activities the big polticians in their party want to do, like make prisons worse as an example, even if you don't agree with those practices.

That's kind of the whole point with voting someone, you vote for someone who hold similar ideals to you, but things like prison conditions aren't related to just Republicans alone. It seems like your grammar is getting worse and worse and so is your argument.

Also. In my area, 90% of the Republicans all think in the same backward way, where they'll vote somebody just because they say they believe in Jesus or something like that even though they probably don't and end up screwing everybody over.

Okay, but not all conservatives and/or Republicans are bible-thumpers, in fact the vast majority of them are located in the South. The average voter is largely apathetic towards politics to begin with, so politicians try to connect with them by either using some sort of perceived outrage or make some sort of pie-in-the-sky promise.

Banning those drugs in the first place is what started the immense gang and black market activity around it, look at the alcohol prohibition. What you said about one drug getting legalized probably won't ever happen for a lot of southern states.

Once they realize the money that they make by legalizing marijuana via taxes, not even the "Jesus-freak" politicians will have enough pull to stop it from coming. It may come later than most other places, but it's going to happen.

and I suppose a good solution is to completely ignore the problem with those relapsed drugies is throwing them into a rotting jail cell for what they do to their own body?

That's not what I said at all, please re-read the whole post before you make false claim like that. I said that I'm in favor of rehabbing drug abusers, but if they continue to relapse on a repeat basis, then they might as well be a lost cause. Our patience for those who can't kick a deadly habit should only go so far.

Are you kidding me? Everything from corporations like Wal-Mart is heavily processed, from the obvious junk food to the steroid filled meats raised in extremely poor conditions. In the town I live in, it seems like they ripped it dry.

Somehow, I don't believe you. Aside from the the fact that you're shoehorning an irrelevant point that isn't necessarily true, what does this have to do with Republicans? So far, it seems like you're beginning to sound like those delusional hipster scum from OWS who have no clear solution to the problem other than whine and wear those stupid ass Guy Fawkes masks trying to sound important.

Freedom is a good ideal. If you don't like that ideal, I don't feel like educating you on why it's a good thing. BECAUSE I'M FREE TO DO SO.

CAPS LOCK MAKES ME SOUND IMPORTANT!!!!1!1!

Seriously though, caps lock abuse is bad m'kay?

Way to use a political buzzword to make yourself seem smart.

I could say the same to you, in fact, much of your argument is nothing more than conveniently placed buzzwords and alternate tangents that aren't related to each other. Please go play on the freeway with traffic.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to I don't understand Republicans 2014-07-20 21:24:11

oh look a edgy I hate republicans Hurr durr thread. adorable, must have been made by some minimum wage neckbeard.

Response to I don't understand Republicans 2014-07-20 21:39:42

At 7/19/14 02:00 PM, NewgroundsMike wrote: Don't worry, literally everyone outside the US doesn't understand the Republicans.

No one understands american politics at all

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to I don't understand Republicans 2014-07-20 22:35:52

At 7/19/14 02:00 PM, NewgroundsMike wrote: Don't worry, literally everyone outside the US doesn't understand the Republicans.

Not reading the rest of what is most likely a complete shitshow of a thread but this sums it up pretty well.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to I don't understand Republicans 2014-07-21 10:36:04

That's kind of the whole point with voting someone, you vote for someone who hold similar ideals to you, but things like prison conditions aren't related to just Republicans alone. It seems like your grammar is getting worse and worse and so is your argument.

I doubt a lot of politicians especially republicans have similar ideals to the mass population, they say they do but behind closed curtains most of them are plotting on how to make themselves better on everybody else's expense. I point out "especially" republicans because they outright say a lot of their beliefs are based completely around money. Also, why are you pointing me making a typo every now and then? Are you really like those kids from the Roblox Talk forums or TF2 SPUF where they don't anybody seriously if they make a couple of typos?

Okay, but not all conservatives and/or Republicans are bible-thumpers, in fact the vast majority of them are located in the South. The average voter is largely apathetic towards politics to begin with, so politicians try to connect with them by either using some sort of perceived outrage or make some sort of pie-in-the-sky promise.

By average voter, do you mean in the entire world including Northern Europeon countries or are you limiting yourself to the United States?

Once they realize the money that they make by legalizing marijuana via taxes, not even the "Jesus-freak" politicians will have enough pull to stop it from coming. It may come later than most other places, but it's going to happen.

When several of the republican-conservative GOVERNORS are pseudo-jesus freaks, social change, if it comes will happen at a pretty, if not, very slow rate.

That's not what I said at all, please re-read the whole post before you make false claim like that. I said that I'm in favor of rehabbing drug abusers, but if they continue to relapse on a repeat basis, then they might as well be a lost cause. Our patience for those who can't kick a deadly habit should only go so far.

So what do you think we should about people who can't kick an addiction that they are doing to their own body?

Somehow, I don't believe you. Aside from the the fact that you're shoehorning an irrelevant point that isn't necessarily true, what does this have to do with Republicans? So far, it seems like you're beginning to sound like those delusional hipster scum from OWS who have no clear solution to the problem other than whine and wear those stupid ass Guy Fawkes masks trying to sound important.

I live in a town with a Wal-Mart that's been here for 30 years. Most of the jobs here now are minimum-wage and the ones that aren't are mostly hard skilled/manual labor in the industrial plants. It probably took a decent toll on the economy here among other things. I associate huge corporations like Wal-Mart with republicans because a lot of them are guilty of fueling or taking bribes from various corporations like this, I'm not saying Democratic politicians don't do it, but a lot of presidents for example that were attracted toward helping corporations were Republican.

Please go play on the freeway with traffic.

Don't be a bully

filler text

Response to I don't understand Republicans 2014-07-21 11:10:41

Everyone is arguing about which party is the better of the two and I'm just sitting here not knowing or even coming close to caring about the difference while living a perfect life.

Response to I don't understand Republicans 2014-07-21 11:51:10

At 7/21/14 11:10 AM, Fro wrote: Everyone is arguing about which party is the better of the two and I'm just sitting here not knowing or even coming close to caring about the difference while living a perfect life.

Both parties act like 5 year olds anyway not like it matters.