00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What should I do with my life?

1,802 Views | 31 Replies

What should I do with my life? 2014-07-13 11:47:32

I'm fresh out of high school, the world is opened up wide, and I have options, in a way. Right now I have a lot of money for someone who just graduated high school. I have enough to buy a new car, but not enough to put myself through college. Now, things are looking good for me, I have been accepted into college, and like every other graduate moving into college, I don't know what I want to major in. I actually have no clue, and of course, that scares me.

Should I go to college? I am interested in some kind of outdoor job, but I don't know if I want to go for environmental science because, that might be out of my potential, but that also could just be my insecurity speaking for me. I have a passion for animation, but I know the truth about that business, and I know how good you have to be to work on something meaningful, and I don't want to work 80 hours a week as well. If I go to college, what should I major in, and/or if I don't go to college, would that be best for my business?

I am aware that I am my own individual, and that it is my responsibility for me to choose for myself what I should do, but I am simply seeking help to learn of more ideas, because listening to other people can make me realize that there are options that I was not aware of before, so if anyone actually cares enough to suggest something for me to do with my life, I would appreciate it. Thanks to all in advance.

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-13 12:01:22

become a man whore

What should I do with my life?

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-13 14:46:52

Try heroin and suck dicks for drug money.

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-13 14:52:57

Well what do you want to do with your life?

that's the real question.

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-13 14:59:41

At 7/13/14 02:52 PM, dara6789 wrote: Well what do you want to do with your life?

that's the real question.

My gut feelings are telling me to skip college and get my own place with a roommate, and just live off the $10 hour job I have forever, so that I can just buy a ps4 and play it forever whenever Im off work

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-13 15:01:50

At 7/13/14 02:59 PM, BigSweatySchilling wrote: My gut feelings are telling me to skip college and get my own place with a roommate, and just live off the $10 hour job I have forever, so that I can just buy a ps4 and play it forever whenever Im off work

Well then do it. Do what you want. But Getting a college education is awesome you could make more money then you are now. But its your life and your choices. SO go for it.

#yolo

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-13 15:34:12

You're probably not an idiot like I am but just in case you are, let me remind you to not even think about joining the military. They prey on people who don't know what to do with themselves.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-13 16:24:55

Join the military and do something other than become cannon fodder. I would recommend the Air Force.

Help, I'm trapped inside this guy's signature!

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-13 16:29:22

I would recommend college cause that's definitely where all the amazing things happen, and you can practically study/major in ANYTHING.

Also if your not sure of your major and want to take the cost effective route, go to any community college and take units that transfer to a 4 year; and you have up until your second year to find a major; and you will already have gotten most of the prereq lower division courses out the way (which basically you would be spending a few thousand more for taking the same classes at a 4 year college) and then just transfer to a 4 year of your choice.

Hope this helps ya some

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-13 19:31:41

BECOME A MALE STRIPPER, AND GIVE TOM FULP THE BEST LAP DANCE OF HIS LIFE!

Appease our god heathen!

Oh look, nipple rings

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-13 19:44:39

Ask anonymous people on the internet, It's what I do for all my medical concerns

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-13 20:39:58

You're not gonna get any good answers from here.

Get out while you still can.

or stay
and let your life waste away on these forums

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-13 21:09:26

Only you can decide this.
Look deep deeeep inside yourself and you will know the answer to that question.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-13 22:15:56

Not post on the BBS for starters.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-14 06:20:03

No one can answer this for you. Do whatever you want.

YOU LEARN SOME SELF RESPECT BOY

BBS Signature

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-14 06:26:48

Get laid.

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-14 07:46:34

At 7/13/14 12:01 PM, kazumazkan wrote: become a man whore

Genius

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-14 09:07:36

Go to college, major in something like Art, Film, Animation, Literature or Politics; then stick to careers that you've majored in.

Easier said than done, though.

The job market sucks and people are saying that college degrees are worthless.

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-14 09:16:06

At 7/13/14 03:01 PM, dara6789 wrote:
#yolo

STOP SAYING THAT!!!

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-14 10:07:32

At 7/14/14 09:16 AM, Madjasper1 wrote:
At 7/13/14 03:01 PM, dara6789 wrote:
#yolo
STOP SAYING THAT!!!

Saying what #yolo sure but why it's the plain ole truth

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-14 11:44:42

At 7/14/14 08:47 AM, Combatboots wrote:
At 7/13/14 04:24 PM, Rooty-the-Pie wrote: Join the military and do something other than become cannon fodder. I would recommend the Air Force.
Or not join the military.

There are many roles in the military that don't entail getting blown to pieces every five seconds, you know.

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-14 15:37:20

At 7/14/14 01:24 PM, Combatboots wrote:
At 7/14/14 11:44 AM, Rooty-the-Pie wrote:
There are many roles in the military that don't entail getting blown to pieces every five seconds, you know.
Thanks for telling me about the job I've done for the last decade, tips.

You're welcome.

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-14 18:46:31

Enjoy the fuck out of it.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-14 19:10:58

Go work at Starbucks and become that guy who misspells everyone's name so that they can't post photo's of their cup on Instagram.

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-14 19:17:36

At 7/14/14 06:41 PM, Combatboots wrote: So don't join the military. Believe it or not it doesn't look that great on a resume if you only do a few years. Don't believe me? Look at how employed all the Iraqi war vets are after releasing.

Believe it or not, your experience isn't the only one that counts. The majority of people who join the military enjoy their time there. Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean every other person who joins the military will too.

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-14 19:24:06

At 7/14/14 07:19 PM, Combatboots wrote:
At 7/14/14 07:17 PM, Rooty-the-Pie wrote:
At 7/14/14 06:41 PM, Combatboots wrote: So don't join the military. Believe it or not it doesn't look that great on a resume if you only do a few years. Don't believe me? Look at how employed all the Iraqi war vets are after releasing.
Believe it or not, your experience isn't the only one that counts. The majority of people who join the military enjoy their time there. Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean every other person who joins the military will too.
I still serve. And let me ask you a question. Have you ever served? If not, what makes you qualified to tell me about the happiness with employment in my chosen field?

No, I haven't. And I'm saying nothing about your happiness. The majority of my family has served in the military and my dad actively encouraged me to join up. Until I did, and I discovered that, due to my history of depression, I am permanently medically unfit. So yeah, You sound fucking miserable, but I dunno, you could be incredibly satisfied with your career for all I know.

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-14 19:47:05

At 7/14/14 07:31 PM, Combatboots wrote:
words

Or, OP, you could make your own mind up instead of listening to strangers on the internet.

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-15 07:02:44

Jobs can wait, lose your virginity first.

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-16 10:54:48

At 7/14/14 11:37 PM, Combatboots wrote:
At 7/14/14 07:47 PM, Rooty-the-Pie wrote:

I've been bested
Thats right OP, listen to the professional opinion, not the second hand opinion of the reject.

Angry chap, aren't you?

Response to What should I do with my life? 2014-07-16 14:06:15

At 7/16/14 11:56 AM, KatMaestro wrote:
At 7/14/14 07:10 PM, Zerodecoole wrote: Go work at Starbucks and become that guy who misspells everyone's name so that they can't post photo's of their cup on Instagram.
Oh god I hate it whenever they misspelled my name. Well, it's pretty normal for people to misspell it. But Starbucks takes it to the new level.

I think they do it on purpose.