00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OpSystemFilms just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need Character Depth Help

520 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Need Character Depth Help 2014-07-13 03:27:51

Hi Im an artists and as youuu knoww ! An artist is always looking for new tricks of the trade.
Now, im a highschooler and i always draw in class and lately ive been starting to take this seriously and start drawing at home.
Since then ive been expanding and learning/understanding new things and thats great, but i feel like im struggling to design and create living brething characters with a style all my own.
Im struggling to create a style even but i know im getting there.
When i see other artists and their works i really wonder how they use the colors in such glorious ways to capture the dimensions of their characters faces so that it feels like i could just reach out and touch it.
Im a traditional artist right now since i dont have a personal computer to work with, so im limited in the color pallet region. Though recently i got myself a pack of 50 crayola markers and on top of that i already had a small set of guache paint and a set of 24 Prismacolor Pastels to work with.
I really feel like im learning alot over these past few days but creating loveable, enjoyable, stylish, emotion envoking, rich characters it feels like thats a world away from me though i feel like with the wonderful community of NG i can go much farther.

Any tips tricks video tutorial links guides refrences books all of that would be appreciated though id rather have free options but im open for anything you might choose to leave here so yeah.
Thank You Very Much
Signed
Salty

P.S.
My deviant art page:
http://saltyarts.deviantart.com/

mostly a bunch of uncolored sketches but lately ive been starting to learn to color, just this morning i learned how to truely blend my Prismacolors.

The Acceptance Box --------------> [ ] =D