00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

bbc4lunch just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio amplifier software

810 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio amplifier software 2014-07-03 04:34:34

I've discovered that my mom's laptop has this...

"REAL AUDIO" or "POWER SOUND" (I dont realy remember the exact name) technology in her realtek integrated soundcard.
What it does is that it brutally amplifies whatever its transfering to your speakers/headsets. It's like a one preset MASTER EQ software. Luckily for me, it has the ability to go ON/OFF and I defintiely turned it to off, because it ruins any kind of music that has been already mastered to be somewhat lound in certain frequencies.

What also bugs me is...

This discovery made me wonder if some of you also posses some sort of audio amplifier in your soundcard software and if you have it on or off. I believe that some users are actualy unaware of this and it drasticaly changes thier audio experience.
I've experienced many instances around newgrounds where somebody tells you that your track is too silent or too fucking loud when someone else comes in and tells you that its completely normal or even too silent :D

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio amplifier software 2014-07-03 06:13:03

I have it and always turn it off for music and when I write music. It does have its use though, such as cutting bass from films at night so you don't keep the whole house up.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio amplifier software 2014-07-03 10:32:56

At 7/3/14 10:30 AM, KatMaestro wrote: Many laptops have these built-in audio EQ, mines have Dolby and Realtek. These things sometime would self-adjust for the right volumes, because some does this to protect the speakers. They come with the audio drivers. It explained why my general volume suddenly becomes very loud.

WHYYYYYY THE FLUFFYPUFFS DID YOU RENAME

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio amplifier software 2014-07-03 11:08:55

At 7/3/14 10:58 AM, KatMaestro wrote:
At 7/3/14 10:32 AM, Deshiel wrote:
WHYYYYYY THE FLUFFYPUFFS DID YOU RENAME
3 It's easier to memorize for you now?

I'm actualy quite startled when an 31 years old guy who usualy does super serious badass music suddently renames into a kitten. Breakdown much? :D

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature