00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ErziEngel just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Something that irks me

417 Views | 6 Replies

Something that irks me 2014-07-03 00:42:29

Time Check Prank in the hood
Do You Have a Problem In The Hood Prank!

Okay excuse me for the semi rant I'm about to go on, but when did it become okay for upper middle class teenagers to go into low income areas and exploit these people for youtube views? It really sickens me that they have the nerve to go up to people and take their phones out of their hands, and call it a prank? First off thats not something anyone would consider a prank, especially if its a stranger that does it. I thinkmost people would have the same reaction if it was done to them, which is what brings me to the second video and my second point.

Whether these idiots know it or not, they're perpetuating the stereotype that all black people (men in this case) are violent and prone to violent reactions. While you or me may be able to tell that going up to a random stranger on the street and taking something right out of their hands, which is technically stealing, is a sure fire way to get hit, judging based off the comments its easy to see a lot of people REALLY take it as proof that all lacks are savages. They don't go into a predominately white or latino low income area, they pick the black because they wanted their reaction. No where in their video do they explain to some of their more unaware viewers that they're going into an area where most people probably have the fear/caution of ACTUALLY getting robbed in broad daylight and thus must be on alert and ready to defend themselves, nor do they explain in their second video that the phrase "do you have a problem" is seen as another way of saying to someone do you wanna get your @** kicked? They let people go on with their dumb assumption that all lacks are violent and don't do anything to make it clear they went to a low income area with a high crime rate, the prank could have gone much differently if they went to another neighborhood with better off blacks, or similar if they found a low income area with whites.

Sorry for all the text, this just irked me after I saw the video and the serious comments some people actually left.

Just when you think you have all the answers i change the questions

BBS Signature

Response to Something that irks me 2014-07-03 01:04:37

People exploit homeless people for videos too sometimes. There are very controversial "bum fights" videos that do this for example. It's just wrong but they don't care. Obviously.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Something that irks me 2014-07-03 01:09:01

That was hi-la-rious.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Something that irks me 2014-07-03 01:49:58

At 7/3/14 01:04 AM, NeonSpider wrote: People exploit homeless people for videos too sometimes. There are very controversial "bum fights" videos that do this for example. It's just wrong but they don't care. Obviously.

It's depressing and just shows society's continuous decline.

BBS Signature

Response to Something that irks me 2014-07-03 03:18:54

At 7/3/14 01:49 AM, pumpernicklegawd wrote:
At 7/3/14 01:04 AM, NeonSpider wrote: People exploit homeless people for videos too sometimes. There are very controversial "bum fights" videos that do this for example. It's just wrong but they don't care. Obviously.

Actually it just shows society's technological advancements. People were feeding people to lions for entertainment back in Roman times. I'd say that's worse.

People always did bad stuff for entertainment it's just now there's widespread use of video cameras.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Something that irks me 2014-07-03 05:52:56

Some sick shit.

Response to Something that irks me 2014-07-03 13:18:04

At 7/3/14 03:18 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 7/3/14 01:49 AM, pumpernicklegawd wrote:
Actually it just shows society's technological advancements. People were feeding people to lions for entertainment back in Roman times. I'd say that's worse.

People always did bad stuff for entertainment it's just now there's widespread use of video cameras.

What bothers me about it is that we know that people did those types of things for entertainment back then, and we still do sick things for entertainment. We don't learn.

BBS Signature