00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Question about my monitors

806 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Question about my monitors 2014-06-26 05:21:30

i have a pair of m audio bx5a monitors and i havent used them in a while, actually im abit scared to turn them on last couple of times i did i got a really loud buzz/distortion/crackling noise come out the left speaker. I have done the obvious like check all the connections are plugged in correctly etc. What i have tried is to make sure i turn them on at zero volume and that does seem stop the noise occuring for a while but it does tend to come back occasionally whilst they are idling. I guess i shouldnt of bought used but limited funds and all that. Anyone got any ideas? or should i just look for some new ones...

Response to Question about my monitors 2014-06-27 02:17:27

Did you checked your cables?

What is your Input/output device ?
Is ti working properly ?

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature

Response to Question about my monitors 2014-06-27 04:24:15

At 6/27/14 02:17 AM, lexahergon wrote: Did you checked your cables?

What is your Input/output device ?
Is ti working properly ?

I'm using line outs to my interface which a m audio fast track. The interface seems fine with headphones or anything else. I haven't checked the cable because I haven't a spare one but I will get one.

Response to Question about my monitors 2014-06-27 05:44:56

That's a shame, I have these monitors too and they are good.

To make sure you isolate the problem unplug them and plug in a music device straight to them through the TRS, and if you can through the XLR. That way you can find out, if its the monitor, the input connection or the output source (computer etc).

BBS Signature