00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mirore: Chapter 2

342 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mirore: Chapter 2 2014-06-25 09:21:35

Feel free to leave comments and/or critique. (Original Version)

Chapter 2: Converging Moments

"There we go." I'm all dressed and ready to go. "..." I stare at myself for a few seconds. I felt weak. The dream from this morning and the... hallucinations left a bitter feeling of anxiety and fear. Why? I keep asking myself why? For what reason am I this affected by su-

"Gah..." My head, it hurts.

I step back and sit down on my bed. My head was pounding. What is wrong with me today? I look back at the mirror and I see my face. I looked pale. "..." At least my headache had passed. Just to be sure though, I looked for the thermometer. I don't feel dizzy and my breathing is fine but, it was better to be sure. After all, if I'm sick then who's going to-... "Who's going to take care of dad?"

My temperature was fine so I decided to go out as planned. As I stepped downstairs, I took notice of the kitchen counter just past the dining area. There was nothing there of course. This house has always been neat and spacious, organized and... empty. I regain focus and keep walking towards the front door.

The knob clicks as I lock the door. I put back my keys in my left pocket and checked my pockets if I forgot anything. When all seemed okay, I headed my way. But before leaving entirely, I took one last look at my home. I started the day feeling anxious because of who knows what and now I feel sentimental. Not one of my best days but... I've had worse days. At least that I'm sure of. I may have forgotten a number of those days but the feelings stay. They always will...

and I hated it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cracking... Breaking...

Glass so brittle... lay fragmented on the bedroom floor...

Empty... Dark... Locked... The place left behind...

There it was.

Stepping... Cracking... Breaking...

There it was.

Its reflection... in glass so brittle... in fragments... in pieces...

There it was.

Tall and crooked... like a wilting tree... Black as ink...

There, it was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cars passed the quiet streets as I made my way to the bus stop. Sarah and I agreed to meet there on our way to school... just as we always had. It was nice and cloudy outside. Not too many clouds as if it was going to rain and not too few to be considered 'sunny'. I liked this kind of weather. The gentle breeze also adds to the scenery. The path from my home to school is like my own little moment of peace, in between the two places that- Stop. If I keep thinking like this, I'll just ruin the rest of my day. I-

I was too late. The rest of the day was already ruined. It was a moment I didn't expect. It happened so fast. They were right. I shouldn't space out so much. I should always pay attention to what's going on. I should be more careful. It was a bus. Coming my way as I was... crossing. Time slowed. My heart was racing. I couldn't scream. I couldn't move. I couldn't do anything. All I could do was watch. It was the same as before. Nothing's changed. Just like before. All I could do was regret. Just... like...

"..u.."

I hear a voice...

"..uu.."

'Her' voice...

"..uuke..!"

Screaming 'my' name...

"LUUUUKE!!"

- End of Chapter -

BBS Signature