00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tophat1607 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xbox over Nintendo

2,386 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-24 15:53:04

Okay so when I was a kid, I loved playing Mario and all those Nintendo games. Now that Xbox is conquering the video game consoles with PS2, PS3, and PS4, Nintendo is failing at making the top charts. Is Xbox just brain washing people to liking its games more then the classic Nintendo games? I've played the Xbox 360 and maybe the Xbox 1, and they have awesome games. CoD, Halo, and a bunch of FPS and Third-person shooters with a mix of Minecraft and RPGs. But then again Nintendo made a 3DS and then a 2DS? Epic fail! 3DS is way better. But then again I tried a PS2 and a PS3, but never got a chance to play a PS4. So Xbox and Nintendo were my favorites (Play Stations get love too) of all time. But your choice, Xbox or Nintendo?

"Rules of war: don't die, kiddo"

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-24 16:03:01

never count the big N out, they got some super awesome stuff coming up.

hell, sony and microsoft had pretty poor E3 showings, with mixed bags when it came to apparent game quality. all of the games nintendo showed? they each look at the very least silver, if not gold or platinum.

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-24 16:23:10

The Wii-U managed to beat out XBONE sales the past three weeks straight with MK8 & will probably be able to do so again with once games such as SSBU, as well as future price cuts. When you factor in how many Xbox gamers switched back to Sony after E3 2013 & the entire Xbox line's nonexistent eastern support, the Wii-U has a fighting chance at beating the XBONE by the end of this gen (PS4 not so much).

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-24 16:24:54

At 6/24/14 04:23 PM, FlockMastaBack wrote: The Wii-U managed to beat out XBONE sales the past three weeks straight with MK8 & will probably be able to do so again with games such as SSBU on the way, as well as future price cuts.

Whoops; fixed.

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-24 16:46:23

yeah i think Nintendo will have a comeback since, well I watched the E3 events and the only games that i liked that was not Nintendo was surgeon sim for ps4, costume quest 2 and that new crackdown game.

Nintendo Fanboy! NNID:pixar9000 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7808-7939

Mah Twitter

Mah Google+

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-25 10:49:23

At 6/24/14 04:46 PM, NGdisc wrote: yeah i think Nintendo will have a comeback since, well I watched the E3 events and the only games that i liked that was not Nintendo was surgeon sim for ps4, costume quest 2 and that new crackdown game.

Okay :)

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-25 12:20:03

At 6/24/14 03:53 PM, Danluz wrote: Okay so when I was a kid, I loved playing Mario and all those Nintendo games. Now that Xbox is conquering the video game consoles with PS2, PS3, and PS4, Nintendo is failing at making the top charts. Is Xbox just brain washing people to liking its games more then the classic Nintendo games? I've played the Xbox 360 and maybe the Xbox 1, and they have awesome games. CoD, Halo, and a bunch of FPS and Third-person shooters with a mix of Minecraft and RPGs. But then again Nintendo made a 3DS and then a 2DS? Epic fail! 3DS is way better. But then again I tried a PS2 and a PS3, but never got a chance to play a PS4. So Xbox and Nintendo were my favorites (Play Stations get love too) of all time. But your choice, Xbox or Nintendo?

Did... you just say the Xbox is conquering the PS2, specifically?

One of the highest selling and most well received gaming consoles of the last decade?

Which outsold its Xbox competitor... 6:1 or so?

Also, yes, the Xbox controls the shooter market, this is not news. And I prefer platformers, which is why I'm obviously going to choose Nintendo there. I'm its target audience.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-26 01:48:00

At 6/26/14 12:27 AM, Monster-64 wrote: After I get my bike, I'm saving up for a Wii U just for MK8 and Smash Bros, and unless if they have anythinjg else coming.

I posted this on another thread.

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-26 13:11:00

No matter what at least you don't have to pay for playing online on the Wii U!

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-27 22:15:18

Well In my opinion, Nintendo. The Xbox 360 last generation was like... Generic console, it had no fancy bells and whistles, sure the online was the best of the three but that's about it.

Exclusive title... Halo and Gears, that was pretty much it. This problem also applies to the PS3 but less so, there were more exclusive games on PS3 but really I see no reason other then you can to have both.

The Wii and even the Wii U have one very important thing, Different games for it! That's why I'll go with Nintendo because they have different game for me to play. Sure it's not a lot of games and you can argue that you're not interested in them... But then I say you're not trying to find anything beyond Nintendo's first party games.

I say have all the consoles and play everything but make me choose three out of Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo, and there's little reason to pick Microsoft other then Everyone else has one.

Also are people really still upset with the 2DS, that's like being upset with Sippy Cups and complaining it's stupid and why would anyone want that when you can have a normal cup... CAUSE IT'S FOR KIDS, kids who will break there 3DS and for kids with parents who can't afford the 3DS. Hell my full grown 25 year old sister snapped her DS in half one day when she drop it from her bed.

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-27 22:19:26

At 6/25/14 09:30 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote: therefore, all modern systems EXCEPT xbox 360 are crap.

360 is soulless and Generic, I can get the same experience playing the exact same games with a 360 Controller on PC but with the advantage of better graphics.

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-29 11:05:41

Hardware: WiiU (yes, xbone is more "powerful", but it's not backwards compatible. At least I can play my wii games on the wiiU)
Exclusives: WiiU
Price: WiiU
Fanboys: Xbone

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-29 11:09:58

At 6/24/14 03:53 PM, Danluz wrote: Is Xbox just brain washing people to liking its games more then the classic Nintendo games?

Lol

I've played the Xbox 360 and maybe the Xbox 1,

Maybe the Xbox 1? What?

and they have awesome games. CoD, Halo, and a bunch of FPS and Third-person shooters with a mix of Minecraft and RPGs. But then again Nintendo made a 3DS and then a 2DS? Epic fail!

Epic fail? We stopped saying that like 5 years ago, ketchup bro.

3DS is way better.

They literally offer the same games, the 2DS is just a more affordable and sturdier model, it's specifically aimed at little kids who always snap the screens...

But then again I tried a PS2 and a PS3, but never got a chance to play a PS4. So Xbox and Nintendo were my favorites (Play Stations get love too) of all time. But your choice, Xbox or Nintendo?

This post was just horrible.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-29 11:50:23

Playstation. Xbox has all of 2 exclusives, both of them I liked but I like JRPGS and the best place to get those are on Playstation.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-29 12:16:52

Nintendo is lightyears ahead of Xbox, the games are crazy fun on the Wii U.

If you ask someone to name an exclusive game for Nintendo anyone will say one in a heartbeat. Ask the same for Xbox and you have to think about it because apart from 1 or 2 IP's there's not much memorable going for it.

The Xbone is a glorified media player.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-29 13:39:22

iMini you're a terrible person.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-29 15:04:36

I know you're not made of money but maybe the best answer to work up and buy all consoles and handhelds with the games that actually interest on that system. you may find the variety more than desirable.

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-29 16:05:34

At 6/29/14 03:04 PM, argile wrote: I know you're not made of money but maybe the best answer to work up and buy all consoles and handhelds with the games that actually interest on that system. you may find the variety more than desirable.

Words of reason have never been uttered so true as theses... ENJOY ALL THE GAMES!

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-30 22:10:27

At 6/29/14 11:05 AM, larrynachos wrote: Hardware: WiiU (yes, xbone is more "powerful", but it's not backwards compatible. At least I can play my wii games on the wiiU)

and that's exactly one of its problems. Due to how outdated the hardware is, it has little to no 3rd party support. You have like 6 games coming out, big whoop, and they're all rehashes or irrelevant ip's like Splatoon. Also, why would you get a new console just to play old games?

If you like the same thing over and over again, sure.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-30 22:26:15

I would rather Nintendo win over Microsoft any day. Even though I'm not a fan of the Wii-mote but I keep hoping they'll scrap that idea and go back to more normal controllers some day.

As for the XBox controllers, they can't even get the buttons right. Hint: The right way is

X
YA
B

and not

Y
XB
A

I mean if you're going to copy Nintendo at least get it right.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-30 23:04:45

At 6/30/14 10:10 PM, angrybirds2000 wrote:
At 6/29/14 11:05 AM, larrynachos wrote: Hardware: WiiU (yes, xbone is more "powerful", but it's not backwards compatible. At least I can play my wii games on the wiiU)
and that's exactly one of its problems. Due to how outdated the hardware is, it has little to no 3rd party support. You have like 6 games coming out, big whoop, and they're all rehashes or irrelevant ip's like Splatoon. Also, why would you get a new console just to play old games?

If you like the same thing over and over again, sure.

Except it's NOT the same thing over and over again, you narrow-minded kid. If you actually paid attention to nintendo's lineup, you'd see exactly the opposite. These next few years are going to be very unique, in terms of wiiU exclusives.

Little to no 3rd party support? You seem to have forgotten:
- Bayonetta 2
- Assassin's Creed 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Batman: Arkham City
- FIFA 13
- Madden 13
- Mass Effect 2
- Resident Evil: Revelations
- The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
- Trine 2: Director's Cut
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Call of Duty: Ghosts

I could probably get even more if I did the research, but I'm not gonna waste any more time on you.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-06-30 23:10:06

At 6/30/14 09:52 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 6/25/14 10:32 PM, Vnzi wrote: Xbox is based on a gimmick and wants to become a second rate PC, meanwhile the WiiU is built like a gaming system and nothing else, so it's clear who wins this outcome.
"gaming system"? more like "laming system".. a piece of crap controller the wiimote is, clearly they didnt learn from the power glove mishap..

true, at least, on the original wii you could use gamecube controllers for some games without an adapter, but here you flat out need one..

and then there's the fact that it lost its backward compatibility with gamecube compared to the original wii..

seriously, one fucked up piece of work it is..

At least we HAVE backwards compatibility. Your lousy ass xbone can't even play 360 games. Heck, I could barely get any of my xbox games working on the 360!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-07-13 22:20:55

Nintendo's got a lot of big shit coming up, so I wouldn't dis them now.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-07-14 00:34:04

I hate how Nintendo relies so heavly on the Nintendo family of games, for years the big hit titles have always been the same games (Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Metriod, Donkey Kong), Most Wii games have been the same party or dance games just different makers.

I have recently really gotten into my old Wii (never used it till now) it's hard to find great games but they've got them just in small numbers.

I think Nintendo has really gone down hill, but the Wii in my opinion is the greatest console of all times, they got some great games if you can fine them, shooting games are the greatest and the Wii can play almost anything.

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-07-15 00:45:39

I would pick Nintendo over Xbox any day.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-07-15 11:09:57

I prefer PC

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-07-15 11:34:21

At 7/15/14 11:09 AM, Indeks wrote: I prefer PC

I like the PC. But Xbox is way better. Still PC though.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-07-16 22:51:50

At 7/16/14 10:06 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 6/30/14 11:10 PM, larrynachos wrote:
At least we HAVE backwards compatibility. Your lousy ass xbone can't even play 360 games. Heck, I could barely get any of my xbox games working on the 360!
when did i endorse xbox one? xbox 360 IS what i speak of. xbox one is crap, and i will never dispute that.

"Heck, I could barely get any of my xbox games working on the 360!"

And I'm glad we can agree that the xbox one sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-07-16 23:52:20

At 7/16/14 10:57 PM, mysticvortex13 wrote:
At 7/16/14 10:51 PM, larrynachos wrote:
iirc, that statement was yours, not mine. and i'm glad you handled it fairly reasonably.

Yeah, it was my statement. I was emphasizing that I was also talking about the 360, as well as the xbox one.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox over Nintendo 2014-07-18 15:37:23

At 6/24/14 03:53 PM, Danluz wrote: Okay so when I was a kid, I loved playing Mario and all those Nintendo games. Now that Xbox is conquering the video game consoles with PS2, PS3, and PS4, Nintendo is failing at making the top charts. Is Xbox just brain washing people to liking its games more then the classic Nintendo games? I've played the Xbox 360 and maybe the Xbox 1, and they have awesome games. CoD, Halo, and a bunch of FPS and Third-person shooters with a mix of Minecraft and RPGs. But then again Nintendo made a 3DS and then a 2DS? Epic fail! 3DS is way better. But then again I tried a PS2 and a PS3, but never got a chance to play a PS4. So Xbox and Nintendo were my favorites (Play Stations get love too) of all time. But your choice, Xbox or Nintendo?

The biggest problem with nintendo is that it seems the company is stuck in the past. Sure mario and zelda were great games back in the 90's when one can argue that the expectations were really low and we just learned to loved whatever nintendo would throw at us. However, now with xbox and Playstation on the market it just make nintendo seem childest and boring.
The nostalgia factor will always be there for nintendo, but games are so boring now. We can only have fun with mario games so many times.