00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for a Storyboard Artist

473 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Looking for a Storyboard Artist 2014-06-15 11:11:46

Hey guys, I'm looking for a storyboard artist to start help me start my short film project. Unfortunately I can't promise pay as of right now, and in all honesty this is the least recommended route for an artist to go through, so I want to make your part as short as possible. What I mean is, I don't want you to do the entire short film, just one scene or two. The reason being is that I want to bring this to Kickstarter or Indiegogo; if the project gets funded I will indeed pay you for, not only the work you've already done, but for the rest of the project as well.

Again, while there is payment, there's no promising that it'll be satisfactory. In fact I'd like to get it out of the way once more, this is NOT the recommended way to go. Anybody can tell you that this sort of business proposal isn't ideal, actually in a way it's sort of fantastical. Kickstarter and the like are, after all, for dream projects. Sometimes dreams don't come true. Take that as you will. I'm telling you this because I just want to be real and upfront with you guys and I don't want you to feel like I'm conning you or gypping you off. If the project doesn't meet it's fund, I'll pay you regardless for lending me your time. It won't be much, but it'll be a pay. But if the project is successful, then the payment will be better than if it had failed.

At any rate, I've already found voice actors for this project, and I am the writer and director of this short film. Now I'm missing other essentials, such as animators and the like. Again, hopefully we can get them once we get funded. Here's a bit of a synopsis of the story:

I plan on making this a short animated film; a comedy about a young lady who has an immense hatred for snow, and her friends who can't seem to understand her grumpy attitude.

I Hate Snow stars Abigail Lynn, a 24 year old struggling writer who had her 5 minutes of fame when she published a critically acclaimed book at the age of 21. Now she's been running on mediocrity and is currently having a writers block. And she blames it on the current winter phenomenon going on across the country. She thought she could get away from all the snow when she moved to North Carolina, but this winter blast has made it nearly impossible to avoid any sort of flurries whatsoever.

This story focuses on this one particular week of winter weather, and Abigail's struggle and hatred towards the snow.

I hope you'll help out. If you don't, I completely understand.