00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TarikNakich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

animation with Ps/Ae

549 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

animation with Ps/Ae 2014-06-11 17:01:30

I know, these programmes are rather unpopular around ng, but whatsoever it doesn't hurt to ask.
so if you know of any tut for animating with these two, don't hesitate to tell me about :D

but the question i especially care about concerns loops.
in flash one can easily create symbols (movie clip) which loop when put on the main stage.
is there an equivalent for Ae i.e. a way to loop clips, when put to the main stage, instead of inserting them multiple times?
i appreciate any answer

Response to animation with Ps/Ae 2014-06-12 03:29:42

AE looping can generally be done by right clicking your footage in the project bin, selecting interpret footage, then scrolling to the loop option and entering the amount of times you'd like it to loop. I normally only use this for PNG sequences out of photoshop, so I can't remember if it works for all footage types. I'm sure someone else can comment on that.

For photoshop animation tutorials, I recently wrote a post here on NG linking to some good ones:
http://dylan.newgrounds.com/news/post/897440

Response to animation with Ps/Ae 2014-06-12 05:16:40

At 6/12/14 03:29 AM, dylan wrote: AE looping can generally be done by right clicking your footage in the project bin, selecting interpret footage, then scrolling to the loop option and entering the amount of times you'd like it to loop. I normally only use this for PNG sequences out of photoshop, so I can't remember if it works for all footage types. I'm sure someone else can comment on that.

For photoshop animation tutorials, I recently wrote a post here on NG linking to some good ones:
http://dylan.newgrounds.com/news/post/897440

aaah, thank you very much, that was an incredibly helpful advise. i didn't expect to get an answer right away, but this is just perfect <3 MA and LNWC revealed a whole new world of animation to me when I saw their work at festivals here in Berlin some months ago, and your stuff is amazing too and i'm just beyond happy right now!
thank you so much