00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Battlefield Hardline

3,233 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Battlefield Hardline 2014-05-31 13:05:44

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-05-31 13:08:02

forgot picture
however the campaign looks cool

Battlefield Hardline

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-05-31 14:27:38

Looks like a great game, I'll probably buy it. I like how this game is going to be something other than a military shooter, with all the effects and graphics that come with Battlefield.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-05-31 15:08:08

Looks like they got the same actor Rockstar used for Roy Earle in LA Noire.

Anyway, looks pretty fun, might get it at some point.

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-05-31 15:31:58

At 5/31/14 03:14 PM, ManDeep wrote: Really don't see why this should wear the tag of Battlefield.

A battlefield doesn't always have to be entirely revolved around a war, plus the name recognition plays a big part as well. Let's just hope that they fix the broken driving mechanic from BF4, and not pointlessly go around in circles or have driving controls in general be so stiff.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-05-31 15:33:04

At 5/31/14 03:14 PM, ManDeep wrote: Really don't see why this should wear the tag of Battlefield.

Probably because it has the same basic gameplay of the Battlefield series. People complain CoD is the same every year and now Battlefield does something different so it should use that name. I don't get it.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-05-31 19:23:17

At 5/31/14 07:14 PM, Monster-64 wrote: "Battlefield"
"Cops vs Robbers"
Yeah, the series just got officially retarded, I can no longer take it seriously.

yee no its not its very interesting

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-05-31 22:12:04

"Cops vs Robbers"
Yeah, the series just got officially retarded, I can no longer take it seriously.

So you prefer the same idea being rehashed? This is about as original this series can get and you think it's stupid?

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-05-31 22:31:28

At 5/31/14 10:12 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote:
"Cops vs Robbers"
So you prefer the same idea being rehashed? This is about as original this series can get and you think it's stupid?

its a good thing to explore different ideas and this one looks like it can deliver.
i just want to say with this no doubt that activation would look at this and make its developers make something similar

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-05-31 22:53:13

Looks gorgeous, that much is for sure.

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-05-31 23:12:19

At 5/31/14 10:53 PM, Jester wrote: Looks gorgeous, that much is for sure.

you also gotta remember that they are releasing it as a multi platform meaning current gen and last gen meaning last gen will hold back graphics and performance i want to say.

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-01 09:22:05

At 5/31/14 11:12 PM, kazumazkan wrote:
you also gotta remember that they are releasing it as a multi platform meaning current gen and last gen meaning last gen will hold back graphics and performance i want to say.

Well yeah, but you don't judge a luxury car for how it performs off road.

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-01 17:20:38

Should be a new IP rather than wearing the tag Battlefield

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-01 20:01:18

At 6/1/14 07:27 PM, Monster-64 wrote: Of course, I mean, the "Cops vs Robbers" concept is literally the stupidest idea for a Battlefield game, a slap in the face to vets, and is just a sad excuse to put "Battlefield" in the title.

How exactly is this game a slap in the face to veterans? The name "Battlefield" doesn't always imply to warfare alone, and I'm sure that they knew this when they made this game. Already, it seems like we're getting hung up on the little details about the game instead of the merits of the game itself, it's a no win situation for EA. (not that anyone seems to care)

Think of it this way: There won't be jets, tanks (military tanks, not those riot tanks), and the list goes on and on.

Read statement above.

This game will literally be a stripped down version of Battlefield, and Battlefield 3 and 4 already did that before.

And how do you know that? You haven't seen a gameplay trailer of it yet, nor do you know much about the game beyond what's there. Maybe you should wait until the game is released before you make a judgement on a game. It seems like few people are willing to do just that on a game, especially with a big name franchise and publisher/developer.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-01 20:39:21

Kind of looks like a cash-in on the success of Payday. Or perhaps an attempt at what GTA Online failed at. I think the game types sound like they'd be too scripted to stay fun for long. I doubt I'll be playing it anyway. At least the single player looks better.

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-03 10:57:44

here are some screen shots

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-03 11:11:02

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-10 13:29:39

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-10 18:46:50

Wasn't there like a closed beta test for the multiplayer?

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-10 18:49:30

At 6/10/14 06:46 PM, Madjasper1 wrote: Wasn't there like a closed beta test for the multiplayer?

i think beta started or is gonna start and i saw yesterday a notification on origin to sign up for the beta which i did
hopefully i have a good pc within time.

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-11 00:10:26

At 6/10/14 06:49 PM, kazumazkan wrote: i think beta started or is gonna start and i saw yesterday a notification on origin to sign up for the beta which i did
hopefully i have a good pc within time.

I signed up for it, and they told me to wait until I get an email, and I'd be allowed to play, but I haven't been given that email, is there a specific time until we can start playing?

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-11 03:38:19

At 6/11/14 12:10 AM, Madjasper1 wrote: I signed up for it, and they told me to wait until I get an email, and I'd be allowed to play, but I haven't been given that email, is there a specific time until we can start playing?

I've been playing it for two days.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-11 04:02:50

At 6/11/14 03:38 AM, Makeshift wrote:
At 6/11/14 12:10 AM, Madjasper1 wrote: I signed up for it, and they told me to wait until I get an email, and I'd be allowed to play, but I haven't been given that email, is there a specific time until we can start playing?
I've been playing it for two days.

How is it?

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-11 05:01:56

At 6/11/14 04:02 AM, Snuff wrote:
At 6/11/14 03:38 AM, Makeshift wrote: I've been playing it for two days.
How is it?

It's OK. The new game modes are fun (especially Heist) and the whole concept is interesting to me. I just don't see it holding my attention and I'd probably regret the $70 purchase after a few days of playing. It's certainly a game I would buy, but with the beta feeling as broken as it does and the lack of value here... not a day one purchase. They needed to add more to it; change things up a bit. The ziplines, grappling hooks and theme are really the only thing different apart from game modes. It's about as different as BC2 was to the Vietnam expansion. The only reason I'm OK with it being a standalone game is because of the campaign, but the campaign in an FPS doesn't usually hold a lot of value.

When I first heard about the game I was all for this concept, but they're not executing it the way I imagined. It's cheap.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-11 07:05:35

All of you people acting like the streets can't be a battlefield in gang territories aren't really giving cops the respect they deserve.

While I wouldn't think that the Battlefield series would go to cops vs robbers, I welcome the attempt to keep things fresh for once. Though I know it won't be that huge a departure; DICE still has to make money.

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-11 12:04:03

So it's Payday with car chases?

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-11 15:55:55

Not saying the game will be bad, but it kind of feels like they're only calling it Battlefield for the sake of brand recognition.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2014-06-11 16:54:51

At 6/11/14 12:04 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: So it's Payday with car chases?

The only similarity to Payday is the fact that there are guns, cops, and criminals in the game.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2015-03-21 18:19:13

Soooo has anyone played Hardline yet? What do you think?

Wakka wakka

Response to Battlefield Hardline 2015-03-21 18:39:30

At 3/21/15 06:19 PM, Rucklo wrote: Soooo has anyone played Hardline yet? What do you think?

Not yer, but will let you know when it happens.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature